proper promotion?

B.KS

Hey guys i want to gather some opinions on nicole's promotion.

I think she doesn't get promoted enough by vector and B2M, don't stop was amazing, but with some promotion it would have been better. I never see her on korean variety, i'm afraid if they keep promoting her like this, people will forget about her....

so whats your opinion?

I agree that Don't Stop promotions should've/could've been stronger/longer. But I believe for whatever reason Don't Stop was released later than probably planned internally hence the short promotion period.

But I don't think there is a need to worry. Right now she doesn't really have the time or schedule to appear on too many variety. She's fully occupied with her first Solo Concert, not to mention the first studio album release in Japan. Also let's not forget about K-Con (HamCole reunion ^_^)

I believe that once she makes her Korean comeback later this year, that's when B2M will arrange for the various Korean variety appearances.

Still, it isn't as if in the meantime she'll be offgrid. Nicole noona did radio shows quite recently in Japan, as well as MCing 'Beauty Station : The Show' in Korea (you can find it on youtube; it has an official channel with all the episodes, no subs though). And most recently (by that I mean today) she appeared at the F/W Hera Seoul Fashion Week.

I agree that Don't Stop promotions should've/could've been stronger/longer. But I believe for whatever reason Don't Stop was released later than probably planned internally hence the short promotion period.

But I don't think there is a need to worry. Right now she doesn't really have the time or schedule to appear on too many variety. She's fully occupied with her first Solo Concert, not to mention the first studio album release in Japan. Also let's not forget about K-Con (HamCole reunion ^_^)

I believe that once she makes her Korean comeback later this year, that's when B2M will arrange for the various Korean variety appearances.

Still, it isn't as if in the meantime she'll be offgrid. Nicole noona did radio shows quite recently in Japan, as well as MCing 'Beauty Station : The Show' in Korea (you can find it on youtube; it has an official channel with all the episodes, no subs though). And most recently (by that I mean today) she appeared at the F/W Hera Seoul Fashion Week.

I hope they will promote bliss properly

• Like 1

I hope her 1st Japanese Album will be huge. :)

I hoped they saved money for it! Otherwise.....

They did promote it though? She had a good amount of radio appearances and fan meetings in stores for it at least, and I recall there being notes of her being on a couple of shows as well (Buzzrhythm being one off the top of my head). For some reason clips of Nicole on Japanese shows tend to not be shared often though, which in turn does make it seem like she's not doing much in terms of promotions -- Something Special had the same issue there.

The single was released in Japan, so there's no real reason she would go on Korean shows to promote it as it's not a release for there. The same thing will also apply to bliss when it comes out. As PKKamilia1 noted, Nicole has been hosting Beauty Station and was also at Hera Seoul Fashion Week on Wednesday, and will be taking part of more of the events there on Saturday (according to her fancafe).

I feel Nicole current agency are doing well for her..

In term of promotion as we can see korea music industry are changing now in which attending variety show really cannot help them in promotion anymore.

In fact attending public event or appear in public audience is even more helpful..

For korea comeback mostly all will promote in korea and period of promotion will end after all their come back show end which is a culture in korea for many year.

For Japan album mostly will promote in Japan Only and very less likely promote in korea. In Japan music industry they mainly promote during their fan meeting and also through album selling (digital selling,streaming) as they aim for globally .

Noted : I know all these information is base on my experiences & relation with Korea and Japan Agency . 

Edited by viperion
  • Like 4

I feel Nicole current agency are doing well for her..

In term of promotion as we can see korea music industry are changing now in which attending variety show really cannot help them in promotion anymore.

In fact attending public event or appear in public audience is even more helpful..

For korea comeback mostly all will promote in korea and period of promotion will end after all their come back show end which is a culture in korea for many year.

For Japan album mostly will promote in Japan Only and very less likely promote in korea. In Japan music industry they mainly promote during their fan meeting and also through album selling (digital selling,streaming) as they aim for globally .

Noted : I know all these information is base on my experiences & relation with Korea and Japan Agency .

Aah okay, i dont speak japanese or korean so its really hard for me to find these things. Thank you! I cant wait for her japanese and korean album

• 1 month later...

Yeah I think they're doing good in Japan, I'm satisfied with the promo budget and help she seems to have.

Will see about Korea once it's time for that.

Don't forget you can also help promote her yourself. Simple things such as tweeting and promoting on your social networks to having linked to her MVs in your signature on forums, etc. It all helps.