[2009.05.13] KARA comeback scheduled this July

coffeebeanie

imagereadmed20091690661.jpg

Girl group KARA will be releasing their next mini-album this summer, ready to take on the challenge of a third continuous hit.

On the 13th, KARA's management company, DSP Entertainment revealed that the group, consisting of Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung, is in the midst of choosing songs for their upcoming album.

They said "Kara is currently receiving a lot of songs from different composers and they are now selecting songs they want to include in their next mini-album. They are scheduled to release it this July."

Debuting last 2007 as a 4-member group, they changed into a 5-member group and released their first mini-album, <Rock U>, where they were able to garner popularity as female idol stars. They released their second mini-album <Pretty Girl> and a special mini-album <Honey> which proved to be certified hits, strengthening their position as one of the big three girl groups in Korean music, together with Girls Generation and the Wonder Girls.

With all their mini-albums being hits so far, fans are anticipating their next release this summer as they try to make another hit with their third mini-album.

source: STAR NEWS LINK

thanks to anne@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic.com CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, i'm not surprised. artists prefer to release mini albums to full length albums these days. ^_^

it's cool that the girls got to chose the songs too, I've always thought that it's all up to the company.

DSP didnt state their next concept but i hope it'll be good. ^_^

thanks tin! ^_^

Wow so exciting news !!!! but it's still a while to go T^T i really miss them

wonder what their concept will be ....... so excited

thank you for translation :thumbup:

Edited by makublex

im excited but then again at the same time kind of disappointed at DSP, i mean i cant wait for KARA's comeback, but i assumed it was going to be June,

which does make me think, why DSP has said July,

because SS501 are scheduled to comeback in July as well with their 2nd full album,

i just hope DSP know what they are doing, :thumbup:

thanks for translating tin :eyelove:

yay!! we didn't have to wait long before DSP updated us :eyelove:.. happy to know the girls have a voice in choosing which songs will be included in their next mini album..

thanks anne and tin :thumbup:

I prefer albums over mini-albums, but considering how it is being released so soon, I don't mind. I am excited to hear which songs they will be singing! Considering how the girls are choosing the songs, it will be nice to hear what songs they like and it might be songs that they can relate to =)

Woww, an announcement so soon? YAY!

It's great that the girls are involved in choosing their songs. Maybe Gyul will assert her authority and put down her foot on the cutesy stuff!

I'm hoping that DSP can use the extra time - May and June - to train Hara and Jing in singing and dancing more. And just to let the girls rest from promotional activities, in general. July is a good time for comeback!

Comeback in July!! -anticipates-

.. and I was so looking forward to hearing a full-length album, but I guess DSP wants to keep up the momentum and release as much hit songs as possible before releasing an album, which takes longer time to prepare.

Edited by xichigo

July is so far awaaaay :thumbup:

Anyway, I was expecting a full-length album,

but still happy that they're releasing a mini,

and that they get to choose the songs <33

(*ehem* give leader a solo song~) >.>

And I'm anticipating how their next image would be like

(yes, go tell them Gyuri!! >=D)

Thanks for sharing~!

Aigoo. Can't wait.

Edited by AnnLovesKara

yay. wow different composers, eh?

&& they get to choose which songs

to select for their next mini-album.

awesomeness. i wonder what the concept would be

since many composers are offering for them to sing their

songs. the only thing is that i want to see them

more their age. like Gyuri & SY. i know JiYoung can pull

it off if it was mature. check out the other maknaes on the

groups. :thumbup:

July is too long for me! I was anticipating a full length album though.

I'm guessing they're going to stick with the same concept? I really want

To see a more mature side though. But with the success of Pretty Girl +

Honey, i'm sure they're not going back to the street sexy hip hop style.

Anyways, woot woot! They get to choose their songs, I can't wait!

hmm..i probably said this before [or maybe in soompi]

but what if they came back on july 24 again!? :thumbup: [seungyeon's bday]

that'll be great!

omg! i'm hella excited!

i wonder what there concept is going to be

and hopefully there dance isnt going to be hard

or make them lose their breath..like rock u lol

seems like theres alot of pressure on the girls though

but i KNOW they wont dissapoint! :eyelove:

kasjdklfjsd! kara fighting!

and hopefully there dance isnt going to be hard

or make them lose their breath..like rock u lol

I want a catchy catchy CATCHY and addicting choreography XD It doesn't have to be super complicated. Maybe a dance break for Cole and Hara? XD

Hopefully with the influx of girl groups won't affect Kara's comeback. I still find it amazing how Kara's able to raise above even with SNSD's Gee craze raging through Korea, haha. It just proves how awesome our girls are <3

lol this may be too early, but I hope they have a special comeback stage. Maybe they'll sing their new song, Honey, and Pretty Girl. (:

ahhhhh

I'm going to Korea during this summer

(i live in US)

from 7/5 to 7/13

i know someone who works for MBC

so i can get tickets for music bank!

:eyelove:

i hope that they release it before then

Its nice that there are announcements already on when Kara is coming back...XD

Mini Album is not bad...XD

And its nice that they got to pick songs for their 3rd Mini Album ^^

Looking forward for their comeback...XD

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Anne onni ^^

I want a catchy catchy CATCHY and addicting choreography XD It doesn't have to be super complicated. Maybe a dance break for Cole and Hara? XD

Hopefully with the influx of girl groups won't affect Kara's comeback. I still find it amazing how Kara's able to raise above even with SNSD's Gee craze raging through Korea, haha. It just proves how awesome our girls are <3

yea.. KARA's songs in the past and recently depend a lot on vocals, recently as in like the chorus XD... compared to other songs from other groups.. i think that's why their dances were catchy enough but it was more about the song than the dance.. focusing on the dance would be nice.. but we'll see :eyelove:.. i also find it AMAZING KARA was able to promote Honey the same time as them and not get over shadowed lol.. but i think i've always seen KARA as seperate as the other groups.. just everything wise.. and i think that's how the girls see themselves too.. and it works really well :eyelove:..

i'm not really worried they will be any younger or cuter for this album for some reason.. they have been only maturing with their concepts and music too.. since it seems like DSP values their opinions.. i'm sure the girls will be as outspoken as they can about this and what kind of style they would personally like.. after all, they are the ones that will have to sell it.

Thanks so much for translating coffeebeanie!

I really hope the girls will go in the direction of Yodel! It really fits them and I've been waiting forever

for something like that. As much as I love their old concept, it would make me uber happy if they went

in a hip-pop kind of way!

I hope the dance will be a bit more hip hop

and not as WG like from before!

The choreographers should add a dance break for Cole and Koala too. Jing's dancing skills should be better by now. Gyul Carrot can be sexier and Choding? She can just be Choding! xD

It should be a bit more matured and a great summer song! The girls should have at least one Brave Brothers song and one E-Tribe song with the signature background horn sounds! Ji Young should have a few more singing parts along with Hara. Gyuri should sing some more lines, because we all know our Ham has a lot! =DD Oh, and Nicole should get a rap with an awesome beat!

Kara fighting! Karaholic fighting! xD

PS: Sorry for the long post! Am I asking for too much?

Edited by Kara + SHINee = Love