Do Your Friends Know About Kara?

Jiyoung_*

Please delete this if there is already another one.

Not sure if this is where I post this topic.

Mhm...This question just came to me, so yah. Does your friends know about Kara?

For me, no, my friends don't listen to kpop :eyelove:'' but oh wellz, how about you?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people in my school listen to Kpop for some reason, maybe it's because our school is so asian-dominated, haha. One of my friends is also a Kamilia, but I think that's about it. One of my other friends know of Kara, but she thinks they're "too cute." (keke, just wait till I let her listen to their first album -evil laugh-)

I have another friend who is a Wonderful... and she doesn't think too much of Kara, if you get my drift T_T Well, each one to his/her fandom, I guess. There are also people from my school who are into F.T. Island and DBSK. On a side note, I think 2NE1 is taking over my school. You can hear Lollipop blasting everywhere a while back, it's crazy @_@ And once Fire comes out it's gonna be the same. omgars.

a couple of my friends know who kara is, but a lot of them have bad first impressions of them because of "pretty girl". one of them used to be a 2007 fan, but then she became a huge hara fan. needless to say, the two of us don't talk about kara much anymore. another one of my friends was dissing kara for their cutesiness when they covered "to my boyfriend", so instead I showed her a vid of their 2007 stuff, and she was pretty darn impressed.

Edited by KARAokeing

Lol I try to convert people, even non k-pop listeners, but honestly their opinion doesn't make me feel very fulfilled because they end up listening to wondergirls and bigbang only =.=

Gah, and so many hardcore suju fans... all my friends like the "hot" guy groups and only wg and snsd until i make them listen to kara... though calling them fans or kamilia is definitely a stretch

they just listen to what's hot at the time =.= i try to educate them though ;D

Edited by chopsuey

• 2 weeks later...

some of my friends know about them...

but they only like the song 'Honey'...

I was making them like 'Rock U' and 'Pretty Girl' but no luck... >_<

one of my friends influenced our guy classmates with the dance of Honey! and she keeps on singing and dancing to it! hahaha!!!

she memorized the song and dance steps!

Since I study at two universities at the same time I have two groups of friends.

The first one doesn't listen to asian music in general...except one who is more into J-pop (because of drama) or C-pop because she is learning chinese.

My other group of friends who study thai with me only listen to thai music among asian music.

So to answer the question....none of my friends knows about KARA and I don't really want to make them discover because I don't really think they are interested in asian music lol.

Edited by Solin

Those who are into Korean music know about them. Otherwise, no.

I started liking Kara once I listened to "Pretty Girl". Even though I am a girl, I had to spazz about the song and the cuteness of the music video. I talked to two of my guy friends about them and I got them hooked onto Kara.

I live in France, so there are not many people around me who listen asian music. They prefer to listen american musics like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga ...

For them, asian musics are not moderned.

So, no, my friends really don't care about Kara.

my friend said they kinda think ROCK U is familiar but that's all..

until I spazz more..

how could I not doing that..Kara is love and I don't care spazzing and dragging my friend to fangirl over them ^^

Well I guess I am lucky to have these 6 friends that listens to K-pop..

but not all of them listens to KARA...

It's really hard to be in a country where K-pop is not Famous....

Though I am happy and contented in listening to K-pop everyday!

::KARAFIGHTING::

at my school, only a few listens to k-pop :'(

and only three of 'em knew Kara <_<

they know wonder girls better i think

and anyway they only listens to Honey and Pretty Girl

o.o" *promotes more Kara songs to them*

sadly none of my friends know about my kpop fandom but they do know about my jpop fandom.

• 3 weeks later...

A small circle of my old high school classmates listen to Kpop. The girls pretty much only listen to boy bands like Super Junior and Big Bang, they don't really care for girl groups. The Wonder Girls are really popular, old SNSD (Kissing You) seems to be an eyerolling topic, but the reaction I get from Kara is "Oh, yeah, I know that group." But then again, back then Kara was still only beginning to get popular. One of my guy friends is a Kpop fanatic, he likes a bit of everything but he's in love with BoA. :o

Yeah they know. Because I'm the leader of our group and what I say goes. And because I said I like KARA they went and searched about them.

Sound a bit conceited but true.

A few of my friends listen to kpop/jpop, but they're into the boy bands. You know, suju, dbsk, etc. They know about KARA just because I hum their songs in school. haha. But then they find it really weird that I fangirl over a girl group when I'm a girl. haha. but yeah.

Not much people know KARA here in my school in Brunei,there's just so many Elfs,Cassiopeans,Soshis & Wonderfuls..we hv only small friends who know KARA~but they doesn't know their songs except honey only..that is bcoz we sing that a lot^_^ Here the 'Nobody' & 'Gee' craze pretty much hvn't stopped yet :D