Do Your Friends Know About Kara?

Jiyoung_*

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly my entire school is filled with asians and I'm guessing most people are into kpop, unless they're more into American pop. But talking about my friends, only a few know about them and I can only talk to 2 of them about kara. But then again, I'm only starting to know them as well.

Personally I don't speak to too many people about my growing addiction to Korean pop culture. Most people would just think that I'm into it for the good looking girls (admittedly there are quite a lot of them). But seriously speaking, there's something about the Korean entertainment industry that appeals to me more then the American entertainment industry. The big thing for me, is the reality shows. American reality shows build off conflict. Which I find really stressful to watch. Watching people argue all the time is just annoying, and the producers of the show do whatever they can to heighten the intensity of the conflict. With Korean reality shows, even the competitive ones, they have always promote good sportsmanship. I find that very admirable, and it's this expression I have the most trouble explaining to people. So I just don't talk about it. :whistling:

i think i m the only top supporter of KARA in my school -

friends will start teasing me whenever i say anything related to KARA

but i will ignore them -

Tis is becuz KARA is the most Awesome BAND ! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Philippines is slowly being taken over by k-pop, but all they know are U-kiss, suju, snsd, 2ne1, ft island, cn blue.

though i don't complain, i hate it when i introduce KARA to them they always say that snsd & 2ne1 are better, just coz those 2 groups became their foundation on what kpop is alla bout and it's unfair.

yeah they know KARA, they are just not interested.

Edited by jerism

Well, I'd say yes, I think most of my friends know about KARA.

But that's just because of me.haha! I won't stop talking about KARA even if I'm with my friends who doesn't know them so they end up knowing KARA as well. Though some of them appreciate Kpop, most of them actually laugh at me for being a Kpop fan. I was actually one of them until I became a KARA fan. I crossed the line to the other side.haha!

Philippines is slowly being taken over by k-pop, but all they know are U-kiss, suju, snsd, 2ne1, ft island, cn blue.

though i don't complain, i hate it when i introduce KARA to them they always say that snsd & 2ne1 are better, just coz those 2 groups became their foundation on what kpop is alla bout and it's unfair.

yeah they know KARA, they are just not interested.

I'm also from the Philippines, and I agree with what you said. And as for most of your friends (and even mine) saying SNSD and 2ne1 are better, I just think it can't be helped since those two are the first Kpop girl groups that were able to penetrate our music industry aside from Wondergirls. And 2ne1 has Sandara Park, of course a lot will be curious about her new Korean group since she also became pretty famous in the Philippines as an actress (I mean for quite some time). :lol:

Edited by red4summer
merged

Well, one of my friends does know about Kara... against his will ! B)

We were talking about some songs and I kind of fit a Kara song in there (Honey, of all the songs you could introduce someone to kpop with LOL). He was not pleased.

Does that count ?

well some friends know and like Kara b/c they're KPOP listener..

I tried to introduce Kara indirectly, esp. to guy friends, by showing my laptop wallpaper or sending a cute photo of Nicole when IM-ing, and they're actually interested, they make comments and ask a little bit.. but that's that.. they did nothing further about it nor Kara nor KPOP in general..

• 1 month later...

Me and my friends all thought Kpop was overrated and silly when it first became popular here in the Philippines. And then I found KARA's Mister and instantly fell in love. I made all my friends listen to it and they were like, "are you crazy?" And then after I spazzed the hell out of KARA to them, plus showed the performance of Mister, I think Nicole and Hara's butt dances swayed them to liking KARA :lol2: Now, they aren't exactly fans of Kpop, but if you ask them what Kpop song they know, they'll definitely say KARA's Mister :D

Edited by elizher

• 2 weeks later...