[2009.05.21] KARA's MetaFriends first episode on May 26

coffeebeanie

rimg2893jollykitten.jpg

The fans have waited long for this. Girl group KARA who have been garnering much love and attention due to <Pretty Girl> and <Honey> will have their friend finding project show MetaFriends which will air its first episode on May 26, 4pm on MTV. 5 lucky fans will be chosen by the end of the show, who will have the privilege of being called KARA's friends.

The first episode entitled "I'm meeting friends.." will be aired on Tuesday, May 26, where the members will meet the fans who tried out for the program.

120 fans have gathered for this first episode where they will show off their individual talents to be able to win the hearts of the girls, who will then have to pick 15 people to move on. The talents ranged from lifting 30 kg weights to tarot card reading, showing the unique abilities of the fans.

Who is an ideal friend for KARA?

When asked about the qualities they look for in a friend, member Seungyeon answered "I may seem bright and cheerful, but actually, I'm really a quiet person so I'd like someone sincere and serious as a friend." while Nicole said "Someone who will be on my side even though I make mistakes". Hara and Gyuri added "Someone who has a happy face, like they're smiling all the time."

Picnics, Stylings, MT, and also, KARA's first open concert

The lucky 15 will spend 5 weeks with KARA, embarking on different missions together, until only 5 remain.

They will go on a picnic in an amusement park, the fans get to style clothes for the girls, practice lines together for a CF, and also go on an overnight MT trip.

On the last episode, KARA will hold their first ever open-concert, where the 5 winners will be introduced on stage as the members' friends. Binggrae, MTV and Metacone will be preparing for these events until the 24th.

The producers behind the program says "Because of their busy schedule, the members of KARA do not have enough time to meet up with friends, so this is a great time for them to make friends and spend time with them. And the fans who are together with them will be able to see a different side to KARA which they won't usually be able to see on TV. Also, KARA will hold their first ever open concert, and so the members also invested a lot of time and effort in the program."

KARA's MetaFriends will be shown every Tuesdays on music entertainment channel MTV at 4pm and will be composed of 6 episodes in total.

source: ANIHAN NEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Wow this sounds so exciting...

They sure prepared a lot for this show ^^

Can't wait to see the different unique talents each Kamilia prepared...XD

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

practice lines for a CF .... ooooo ehehehe i wonder if it will be for metacone lol

but ahhhh im so excited to see the show, im sure it will be amazing and fun :)

thank you so much for the prompt translation Tin, and for the tip Mae :D

oh the MT trip sounds exciting!! but it'll probably happen towards the end of the show i'm guessing :D

the pd's explanation of how the girls really don't get to have time to meet their friends and how this show will fill that is interesting haha.. any who, i wonder if any of them will actually become a friend of the girls :) i think this should be any KARA fan's dream though lol, to actually hang out with them like friends is a great opportunity seeing as though i think most fan girls see them that way already :D

thanks tin <3!!

that's quite an interesting note the pd added... makes me rethink the whole process.

instead of comparing it to paris hiltons version, i now actually think it's not that bad. i mean these people are actual fans of kara to begin with and the girls are grounded unlike paris so they're more willing to reach out to people.

i think this would be great for nicole in particular xD, didn't she say she was lacking friends cause she doesn't go to korean schools?

Ooh, an open concert <3 The girls sure are pretty busy these days. I saw the promotional ad on YT, it looks really fun! One Kamilia auditioned by doing a fire/magician act lmaooo~ I can't wait for the show to start! Aaah, I wish I could be in Korea, lol. Thanks for sharing! ((:

Edited by AnnLovesKara

Yah! I can't wait to see it. It seems like all their friends are boys?!

Fanboys, lol! I wish I could've been on show with them. Oh well,

There's next time. Thanks for sharing.

i'm so excited for this.. although i'm totally jealous to the soon-to-be winners heheh... but i can't wait for there first ever open concert, oh my god!!!!

thanks for sharing, looking forward to this..

Yah! I can't wait to see it. It seems like all their friends are boys?!

Fanboys, lol! I wish I could've been on show with them. Oh well,

There's next time. Thanks for sharing.

actually i posted pics of the lucky fans in the image section lol. there were more girls than boys :D

this sounds soo interesting! :]

i wonder what the fans are going to show kara as their talent..

gahh im soo excited!! :D

i would so fit as nicole's friend! lol

but how come it didn't show what jiyoung said?!

CF's?! ohgawshh! cant wait! lol :D

the girls are finally getting time to meet [new] friends :]

lucky kamilia's!! :D

Can't wait to see it, I hope someone subs it :P What type of friends will they get? It kind of reminds of F.T Islands Wanna Be My Girlfriend where they're looking for girlfriends :P

Hopefully they will be geniune friends...

• 2 weeks later...