KARA's Come back (Revolution)

^

Agreed. While the cutesy image does fit them [and as it pains me to admit] is what brought them their current fame, it really doesn't work in the long run. Don't get me wrong while I like the new Kara, I am still of the opinion Kara 4's image is really for the best. CD sales be danged, what they really need is something to stand out from all the new girl groups popping from right and left. Cute might bring in the sales but it doesn't really make them stand out among the rest.

The image of strong, independent girls from their Break It days is what they really need.

I agree but .. They can leave off this really sexy image after every performance .. They really can .. DSP isnt showing their true talents .. They have such amazing voices and they can hit high pitch notes too ..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's weird is that.. for me i see the independent feeling from the original girls XD.. i mean they are still there and i think that really is the image that suits them and their voices match too .. the thing is for jing and hara to have to adapt to that...

cute in the long run really isn't going to make them that different as you guys have said.. and also b/c some of the girls don't like it.. it's weird i guess b/c i think if it's too cutesy, the older girls won't necessarily be represented but if it's too strong tomboyish independent.. i don't think JiRa are there yet either.. is there a way to get both ? :eyelove:

hmm, putting things into perspective after reading the comments, It's true that the girls give off a sexy vibe when they perform and that there is no happy medium for the girls in terms of concepts because of the age gap. Unfortunately after rethinking it, going back to their original concept would only call for comparisons to 2NE1... and because of that groups current popularity and hype, Kara would most likely be claimed as the trend follower even though they had it first.

As it pains me to say this, I think they will have to stick to the "Cute" concept. However, luckily this concept has the ability to branch off into different levels of cuteness. From the overly young and energetic Rock U variety, to more refined versions of cuteness seen in Pretty Girl and Honey. Like Gyuri did on her birthday, they should try to incorporate more of the "cute sexy" feel for their comeback... like Honey but somehow expand on that idea with more mature looking clothes that's not too revealing and but also not always dresses?.

^

Agreed. While the cutesy image does fit them [and as it pains me to admit] is what brought them their current fame, it really doesn't work in the long run. Don't get me wrong while I like the new Kara, I am still of the opinion Kara 4's image is really for the best. CD sales be danged, what they really need is something to stand out from all the new girl groups popping from right and left. Cute might bring in the sales but it doesn't really make them stand out among the rest.

The image of strong, independent girls from their Break It days is what they really need.

But the thing is, they do need the sales to constantly be promoted by DSP. Just look at AST1, they released "Dynamite" recently and where the heck are they now? I don't think DSP would risk doing something different if the cute concept is working for them.

@chopsuey

I completely agree. They would receiving a lot of criticism if they reverted back to their "Break It" days and would draw in a lot of comparisons to 2NE1. And yup, there are different cute concepts out there. I know you guys are probably sick of the girls being compared to Wonder Girls and SNSD, but just look at the two groups. Every concept they had was cute, but they put a little twist in it that worked for them. Kara just needs to find something that suits them.

hmm, putting things into perspective after reading the comments, It's true that the girls give off a sexy vibe when they perform and that there is no happy medium for the girls in terms of concepts because of the age gap. Unfortunately after rethinking it, going back to their original concept would only call for comparisons to 2NE1... and because of that groups current popularity and hype, Kara would most likely be claimed as the trend follower even though they had it first.

As it pains me to say this, I think they will have to stick to the "Cute" concept. However, luckily this concept has the ability to branch off into different levels of cuteness. From the overly young and energetic Rock U variety, to more refined versions of cuteness seen in Pretty Girl and Honey. Like Gyuri did on her birthday, they should try to incorporate more of the "cute sexy" feel for their comeback... like Honey but somehow expand on that idea with more mature looking clothes that's not too revealing and but also not always dresses?.

I totally agree.. They need some thing in between.. In between Honey and pretty girl .. I think a woman-ny concept? .. I dont really mind the concept .. Its their music .. Their voices they can do so much and i dont think if they revert to their break it days people will say they are following trends .. Their old concept was so different believe me i mean .. Try comparing SNSD's- Girl generation and KARA's break it .. They are both sexy .. But SNSD has more of a .. Baby sexy .. But KARA more of a womanish sexy .. Maybe sexy has different levels too? I think mostly it depends on the image they leave off..

LOL

Guys I'm not saying they need to go overboard and be all gangsta-like and wear baggy clothes or something to make an impact. That unfortunately, will only brand the girls as a 2NE1 impostor and be accused of riding the wave.

What I meant as being strong and independent is the one they portray in the Break It album cover. They looked classy and strong-willed. I agree with mae, for some reason, I think I can see GyuHamCole retaining the group's original spirit even now. I'm sure Hara can work it, after seeing her JYP audition, it's not true this girl can't fit anywhere else but in cutesy stuff. I'm not sure about Jiyoung though, she's pretty young but then again, you never know.

I dont really mind the concept .. Its their music .. Their voices they can do so much and i dont think if they revert to their break it days people will say they are following trends .. Their old concept was so different believe me i mean ..

You took the words out of my mouth. Couldn't have said it better. I mean compare If U Wanna and Pretty Girl and you will definitely see the change Kara underwent through after losing Sunghee. What frustrates me really is that the girls definitely have talent but with the way DSP is treating them they don't get to expose them much.

I don't think they'll be accused of copying any group's style if they reverted back to their original image. Their Break It songs are different from any others. That's what made me notice them in the first place. They gave off a mature yet still feminine vibe.

And while it's true they DO need the money since the entertainment industry is a business like any other, I am still of the opinion that if DSP doesn't think out of the box, I'm afraid they're not going to make it far.

Edited by albeitalways

You took the words out of my mouth. Couldn't have said it better. I mean compare If U Wanna and Pretty Girl and you will definitely see the change Kara underwent through after losing Sunghee. What frustrates me really is that the girls definitely have talent but with the way DSP is treating them they don't get to expose them much.

I don't think they'll be accused of copying any group's style if they reverted back to their original image. Their Break It songs are different from any others. That's what made me notice them in the first place. They gave off a mature yet still feminine vibe.

And while it's true they DO need the money since the entertainment industry is a business like any other, I am still of the opinion that if DSP doesn't think out of the box, I'm afraid they're not going to make it far.

Thats what im trying to point out .. And besides if its about recognition that DSP is worrying about .. Those girls already have so much charm and talent as individuals .. I mean Seungyeon just finished MCing so she's probably known .. And nicole with star golden bell .. Recognition they can work it off .. But talent .. They wont show it with songs like pretty girl .. They are so catchy but .. Not good enough to show their talent ... Sorry :/

^^ hm i agree about showing off the talent part.. i think DSP was caught up in the popularity thing.. but with this version of KARA popularity was life or death thing.. i mean it might be weird but catchy songs before talent.. i think.. DSP did the talent thing with original KARA and we all know the response from the Koreans.. but i think with GyulHamCole getting their own solos at the Mini Concert there is hope :D

DSP can do so much more with the girls they have but they play it safe too much.. they take baby steps instead of going full force.. i feel like they hold the girls back continuously..

for me, i want them to have a stronger stage presence.. and maybe the reason why i feel like the group is lacking in that department is b/c of their concept.. soft, fun dances are cute but if they want to be taken as serious performers as they have said before.. they need more power..I want them to leave a really great impression after each performance.. like a "WOW".. not like "that's cute" only .. time to move on up XD

i wish they could be that cooool girl group again.

i liked their image sooo much in their first album.

and i liked their songs there too.

but, still.

whatever style, image or genre,

I STILL LOVE THEM!

^^ hm i agree about showing off the talent part.. i think DSP was caught up in the popularity thing.. but with this version of KARA popularity was life or death thing.. i mean it might be weird but catchy songs before talent.. i think.. DSP did the talent thing with original KARA and we all know the response from the Koreans.. but i think with GyulHamCole getting their own solos at the Mini Concert there is hope :(

DSP can do so much more with the girls they have but they play it safe too much.. they take baby steps instead of going full force.. i feel like they hold the girls back continuously..

for me, i want them to have a stronger stage presence.. and maybe the reason why i feel like the group is lacking in that department is b/c of their concept.. soft, fun dances are cute but if they want to be taken as serious performers as they have said before.. they need more power..I want them to leave a really great impression after each performance.. like a "WOW".. not like "that's cute" only .. time to move on up XD

Now that you mention it .. I think DSP is getting cought with the popularity for a reason? Right? I mean .. Now that they are this popular? They can release songs with more talent? They already have the fans to get enough support.. Right guys? >-<

i wish they could be that cooool girl group again.

i liked their image sooo much in their first album.

and i liked their songs there too.

but, still.

whatever style, image or genre,

I STILL LOVE THEM!

Definetly .. I cannot agree more (: They will recieve love no matter what they are doing .. Heck .. They can pop out and sing rock for all i care *-* We will still love em *-*~

Edited by HarukaKaori

love kara.they should go with something different that none of the other girl group went with.

yeah but love the punk rock idea.

i'm kinda tired of the Cuteness that every group have.

Definetly .. Showing off skin is definetly bad .. I watched some of their performences on youtube like after they finished doing honey they did rock u .. So they were wearing dresses. Pretty much everyone knows their " Honey " dress's .. Imagine them jumping around with dress's..? I didnt like it at all .. So my opinion says .. " Showing off skin should be scratched out from the concept " :< They can be wearing like .. Baggy shorts? :D And pink sweaters? And hats backwards? Something tomboyish yet girly .. Imagine them with skateboards !! :D XD But then again .. A summer concept wouldnt be too bad like some comments shared (:

haha.. they did that for Break It.. it's kind of like recycling it all over again.. showing skin isn't all bad.. there are many way to do this, like the shoulders or some arms and legs.. and yes i'll remind you they let Nicole wear tops showing her stomach lol. how do we know they will be jumping around in dresses? lol. there are different levels and their stylists would not let Jing wear something Nicole would wear.. it depends on each girl's style and image they project.. they should be given more credit, the group is still adjusting and are new in a sense.. so it's better to have an open mind :). but i know DSP will take mini steps again.. i don't expect some outrageous sexy clothing.. but i hope they don't dress them like they are 12 either lol

i know it's normal for us to want to group all the girls together like they all have to be one way.. but that's not realistic.. XD

sometimes concepts works for some but doesn't work for the others.. i think as long as it works for most of them.. it works :D

haha louise.. bright and summerish yet womanly too..

As much as I am a fan of Kara 4, going back to the Break It concept at this time, especially with the debut of 2NE1, would be really, really, really bad timing. The pop industry usually has a short-term memory; for Kara to revive their debut concept, they would more likely than not -- as some people mentioned -- draw comparisons to 2NE1, and even have people go "oh, they're just ripping off 2NE1" when in fact Kara had done this 2 years ago!

Edited by KARAokeing

@Mae I was just pointing out that during their promotions for honey .. Watch some of their performances they did Rock U after that .. So dress's and jumping .. Bad combination :/ You're right we dont know if the songs will be catchy or something .. But i was just making it clear ^^ I know they let nicole show skin .. But considering nicole is kind of religous .. Maybe she'd find it uncomfortable .. When the girls feel uncomfortable .. I kind of dont like it >-< Oh and .. Sorry if you found what i said offensive >-<; Ah and .. It would be nice if they recycle the sweaters during break it They can wear them again you know as a memory or something .. Like for fin.k.l ^^ But i dont know~

@Louise LOL i know :P I didnt mean it as in sweaters in summer XD

Edited by HarukaKaori

@ HarukaKaori, sorry i didn't really mean to direct it at you... for some reason.. i don't think Nicole is that uncomfortable with those tops... i know she's religious but i think she's open to that lol.. i mean she did like sexy dances before.. she knows her limit i think.. lol. and it feels like it was appointed to her.. that position.. ever since the original days lol.. it seems like she doesn't mind it either XD.. and i think my issue is that fans need to give the girls more credit.. i mean we haven't seen what they can really do yet... i think.. they still have a ways to go and be open to them experimenting different things and don't put them in a box and limit them.. well in your mind :P

recycling concepts.. doesn't sound very.. welcoming lol. and just asks ASKS to have people talk about them in a bad way :lol:

Agreed, Nicole grew up in the States remember, so she's heavily influenced by american singers/groups' style. So I don't think she's uncomfortable with showing her sexy side... I mean watch her dance she always exudes sexiness with her expressions. As for being religious... religious people can be sexy =P (eg. Brian Joo from FTTS)

I'm also hoping they stick with the light summery theme and they definitely won't try something like Rock U again... i'm thinking maybe more casual clothes this time... bright, colourful and funky? Give the girls a little edge back while still being feminine. haha if it's possible a mixture between Secret World and Pretty Girl/Rock U? The cute and colourfulness of Pretty Girl/Rock U meets the subtle, mature, sexy look of Secret World? ... lol that basically resulted in U-Go-Girl clothes actually... Which I really liked xD

@Mae haha now that i think about it .. Recycling does seem bad .. But it would be nice though to revive old memories ^^ Hm .. I really love the girls alot .. And your right .. It would be nice too if fan's gave more credit .. But then again .. Kamilia is huge !! I'm sure millions of fans are giving non stop credit and support *-* So i'll definetly be waiting for KARAholic to become a bigger fan support for KARA ^^ I totally agree with you .. They have lots of potential .. Talent .. Character and personality .. So lets just wait to be blown away over and over again by them <3~

@Chopsuey Hmm .. I think a combination .. of honey .. Rock U And break it ..? Catchy .. Smexy yet adorable? Somewhere in between <_<~ U go girl is a good song/concept to relate to .. It would be nice if .. They got the same composer of their song " The two of us " and had him/her compose another song ..

Edit:@Mae haha now that i think about it .. Recycling does seem bad .. But it would be nice though to revive old memories ^^ Hm .. I really love the girls alot .. And your right .. It would be nice too if fan's gave more credit .. But then again .. Kamilia is huge !! I'm sure millions of fans are giving non stop credit and support *-* So i'll definetly be waiting for KARAholic to become a bigger fan support for KARA ^^ I totally agree with you .. They have lots of potential .. Talent .. Character and personality .. So lets just wait to be blown away over and over again by them <3~

Edited by HarukaKaori

i got to agree with @chopsuey

i loved the U-Go-Girl outfits.

and lol.x today i was watching the perf again since i have it on my ipod, and i was thinking those close fit them well. it just that fact like mae had said, the two new ones, hara and jiyoung, will have to adjust. i thought the sexy actually suits nicole, gyuri and seungyeon. but and maybe hara, but jiyoung has too much of a cute face, not as much as sy, but i just can't see her doing sexy dance as much as seungyeon. its not because of her age or anything. cause like i believe mae said, there are types os sexy, as revealing or just sexy dance. and jiyoung doesn;t seem like the type that i can imagine with sexy dance. i can see her with a mature type of songs, but not so much sexy yet.

i do hope that they can bring something that we can see all their talents like mae said again. lol.x there will be times where the girls will need to go out the box and explore and experiment. keeping them limited is the results of when they debuted. and i think they should do more varietys of songs. and not to be mean, maybe a different choreographer, i saw DSP7 and he seemed to do good with them. oh how many ways can kara come back. we'll have to wait and see.

i feel it is better when they wear casual. nothing too fancy, too showy, or too cute. just average girls clothes that you can wear to go out to hang out with friends. like U-Go-Girl outfits.

i'll wait to see. i will suport either way. i do hope they don't go back to Rock U outfits. it was not the right for me. but i still supported.

personally i dont see why Jiyoung can not do sexy, i mean her age is irrelevant, considering Minzy of 2NE1 is the same age as her... (in regards to her outfit and style on Music Bank 12/6/09)

not that im comparing or anything... just that i dont think Kara should hold back from doing sexy because of that reason alone

Edited by louise