KARA's Come back (Revolution)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey louise .. I like that .. The picture .. It shows an independent womany-like side .. Like business women :P But a level lower from business? I like it .. Ah and .. I think i thought of something .. Or i think it was posted ..? Maybe french dress's ..? Like the umm poofy type from the bottem and light colors .. Like Light yellow or peach .. It fits summer .. This is a bit off topic but :P .. What do you guys think of .. *-* One of their MV's wearing pajama's?! *-* Like stuffed animal pajama's .. *_* Ah and .. Playful yet bubbley .. It's good they can pull that off *-*~

unfortunately because the concept is quite dependant on the song it's hard to really plan a concept for the girls so i'll just give generalizations xD

But if it was a ballad then dresses seem fitting but i highly doubt they will release a ballad anyways... after seeing what snsd is coming back with. I wouldn't mind the old concept for an upbeat song, hopefully with stronger choreography and vocals since we know the girls have improved tremendously since Rock U... after much thought it's not quite the same as 2ne1 and 4minute (this is going to be biased XD) mainly because their styles are more youthful and all over the place... sort of like bratty rebels that are trying really hard for attention whereas Karas was always more refined like their predecessors Fin.k.l... They gave off a sense of sophistication when they performed and seemed to be much more coordinated with their back up dancers and routines in general ... so i'm still hoping for a cross between Secret World and Honey... even though it's not quite the same vibe without sunghee, I think hara and jiyoung can put their own twist to it :D

woah, crazydreamer, I like the pictures that you posted.

They look really fresh. 8D

I'd like a really fresh concept. Not too cutesy, not too sugary... just fresh.

and omg louise I'd love to see that look on KARA someday. haha.

FIERCE (:

is it weird that i never thought about how their comeback has to match or actually be bigger than the PG and Honey period? lol.. i never thought about the pressure.. it's kind like they went as far as ever in the history of KARA with PG and Honey and they have to at least live up to it.. or it'd be disappointing..

i know some of us are a bit freaked about DSP keeping the "cute" concept but eh.. we'll see haha..

that doesn't mean they can't be a bit more grown up right?

and i want their cheorography to have a stronger impact than previous.. i want a storyline in their video too.. and they don't have to have 5 boys.. 1 is enough lol.. why can't boys be in KARA's vids.. when their are girls in the SS501 and Ast'1 vids huh?.. sexist? lol. and it's not like they are some innocent girls..

i'm pretty sure their comeback won't "bomb".. it just has to be strong enough..

Mae, maybe it's true it won't "Bomb" But I really want that one day they will fire up the bomb and make a big big impact on the music industry (that's maybe just my dream)

It's true that is rare to see a guy in a girlgroup's MV ... If I think about it, it's kind of weird too, like... will it remove their innocent image in the eyes of their fans? ( I don't know if you get it, but anyway)

Of course, it depends on what kind of videos it is...

A storyline? I would totallly love that ! Not just simple story that we will forget the min after we watched it; A story that make you feel an emotion, something that can make you talk about it to your friends, something special : Example: KARA are in the Dark Age, they are princesses , priests or whatever they are bests friends but have to fight each other in order to ? (that's maybe too cruel... lol ), and then at the end, something mysterious....

whatever, I don't know, this idea is way too far-fetched and it's not suitable for a comeback I think... But Kara need to do something special in order to stand out among all the competitors ... I know they will still be lively :D I like that but like a lot of you, I don't want them to stick with the cutesy concept...

But my prediction is that Kara is maturing every comeback... So I am pretty sure it will be something different that we can't really expect.

Remember when we were waiting for their PG comeback ? We were guessing every type of concept but we never really thought of PG concept... I remember my anticipations when the first pic of PG were released > I was so exited :gemsorry: And now I am waiting for their next surprise :(

i think something like finkl's "now" would be good

it wasn't too sexy..you know?

and jiyoung's like what..16 now? she can do sexy :]

like sohee..she did sexy at 15/16[?] but she still has the cute mandoo cheeks lol

or how they dressed during the university perf.

something that looks..casual[?]

i'm actually cool with whatever DSP chooses

just not TOO cutesy like rock u

or super duper short skirts like Pretty Girl

hmm..idk..i just want something different

Edited by SushiRiceChopstix

^ agreed, i'm still hoping for them to go back to following fin.k.ls footsteps in terms of image... the break it mv already brought a fresh touch to the Now image where they had the power suits on but also the gangster touch with the hoodies

plus seungyeon really liked the Now look too, so maybe they could revisit Fin.k.l's stuff :lol:

Please bring back Gansta KARA! I loved Break it. That song is still one of my most played songs on my ipod. But if they did sexy...I don't know. I really don't like sexy anything, that's why I'm a KARA fan.

If they stuck they're cute I think they'll go far, because it would be something unique which they are, because what Korean group out there is doing the cute image? That's right, not many.

But anyway, if they did gansta kara,again I would be happy.

^ ^ ^ from the articles that have been released by dsp?

it seems like the girls will stick with the cute concept, but an upgraded version?

and judging from what the new girl groups are coming out with, and that BEG have released their concept... i think it could really work to kara's advantage.. haha i know i was so skeptical at first but i guess we can't do anything about it but accept it and of course love it lol :lol:

haha yes i agree... id like to see a guy if not guy(s) in the mv..

maybe get a ss501 member, to return the favour SY did in Lucky Days haha :D

and yep, i totally agree about the "special" factor... something to make the girls standout, and make people say wow!!! i really feel that this comeback has to surpass Pretty Girl and Honey, to keep the girls in their position in the industry :lol:

---

if the girls will be sticking with cute... id love to see something like this (mind my photoshopping the girls faces on lol)

i just looooooove the ballerina bubble dress look haha

10h0fo8.jpg2mg0flu.jpg

HAHA. louise, i find those two ps-ed pictures funnny. :lol:

and yeah i agree, i do think that Kara has to comeback with something more powerful than pg and honey to safeguard their position as one of the Big 3. Same Heart actually did pretty good on the charts. It was on Top 20 of Mubank's Chart last week...if i remember correctly. lol

i wonder how dsp will upgrade the cutesy look though. im seriously wonder how a cutesy look can be upgraded. lol. i'm thankful to that pg/honey/same heart composer for coming up with hits for Kara, but i kinda want to hear something different? i hope dsp would try for another composer. a different sound.

i really really hope they have a lot more varieties of outfits this time around. not just the same outfit with different colors, but really different outfits. each week? at least? lol.

^^ that requires DSP to shell out the cash.. and honestly i don't think they have it lol.

ahh louise.. so funny but really cute of you to do that haha.. but i get your point.. hara looks pretty good lol.. very theatrical..reminds me of a stage play? haha

i know anne. i want something that maybe showcases their voices better.. is that hard though.. can that be a hit song? lol

after seeing and hearing gyuri singing to Awfully with beige.. i thought what a waste.. they've been using the girls' voices on cutesy songs and some of the girls sing very well :lol: or at least let them showcase it on another ballad like song...a stronger one lol

omg louise! were those

Emma Watson's

vogue pictures? Gah, I seriously think Hara could pull off one of those photoshoots.

Upgrade a cute image? Maybe it'll kind of be like

Gee

? Not to bring

SNSD

in here, but wasn't that an "upgraded" image of cuteness? It looked more mature but it was still... adorable. haha. Anyhow, I hope DSP goes with the concept that we've been seeing in their performances. Casual, dark skinny jeans, etc.

after seeing and hearing gyuri singing to Awfully with beige.. i thought what a waste.. they've been using the girls' voices on cutesy songs and some of the girls sing very well laugh.gif or at least let them showcase it on another ballad like song...a stronger one lol

Right? lol I wish they'd make a comeback with a song that really showcased their skills. Or, DSP could put a song that DID showcase their skills in the album and have them perform that song as well on their comeback stage? :3

Lololol louise :D I dont know why but i actually like them :P But .. I think for a strong comeback .. They should get the same composer of " Secret world " Or " Break it " Right? And yeah .. Definetly .. They need boys .. >-< Maybe !! MAYBE THEY SHOULD have umm members of SHINee or SS501 in their video?? =o .. I think big bang would blend nicely with the girls .. Each member will have a guy *-* ..

Jing with daesung *-* Hara with TOP *-* Nicole with seungri *-* I think it would be good if they come back with another band .. I dont know if its possible?? But it would be good ..

^^ going from PG and Honey PD's to Break It or SW.. ehh.. that is unlikely to be honest.. i think they had a lot more offers for songs for this album from hit makers i assume..

well if their whole concept can't be sexy than can some of the members be smexy? lol.. like let the cute ones do their thing .. let the smexy do theirs...while in the concept..XD...

and i was noticing how their real hair colors are showing from recent pics lol..and from the past.. the girls get their new hair styles right before their comeback... random observation.. :D

^Agreed. People are getting tired of the cute concept. They want to grow with their artists; that's why concepts always mature. People are also into change; that's why

2NE1 and 4minute

got so popular in such a short time. DSP needs to upgrade and mature KARA's image for the next album, because I don't think the same formula's going to work as successfully if he tries to use it again.

^^ I agree .. And i agree with mae too .. But they have to put up with the pressure like mae said .. I watched

SNSD

's come back

Genie

.. I was stunned .. It wasnt just strong and independent .. It was like ..

Korean pussycat dolls

.. If DSP sticks with the cute concept .. I dont know .. I think that puts a major burden on the girls .. I dont know why DSP changed the whole concept to begin with >_< They werent getting recognition .. But if they were to participate in different types of activities .. I dont know :/ I just hope DSP has a good plan for the whole concept :/ ..

._______. Honestly, I'm torn....

I want the girls to be upgraded from their 'cute' image, but what with all the recent comebacks and debuts, I don't know if I'm still rooting for it.

SNSD's

recent concept is the kind of upgraded cute that is definitely an improvement from their debut days, but I'm afraid that might be the same route that DSP would take.

I don't mind if it is, because one thing I'd want to see is for a brand new image^^ It'd be boring if they're just going to stick at one style. It's nice to have a change now and then. (:

But not if it's just another retake from some other group. =( With the competition this year, it's gonna be really tough to stand out and DSP is not going to make it easier if they're going to give crappy treatment promoting them--starting with their new image and style.

Tbh, I think it would have been better if Kara just stuck to their ground and came back as they are like they were back then in Pretty Girl. One way to stand out is going against the trend, and it seems to me it's a common trait with girl groups in Kpop these days to be all fierce and srs business.

If DSP is going to upgrade the cute, I'm praying that it's something that will showcase well their talent. I don't care anymore with their looks and concept if DSP will finally let their talent shine with their songs. :] Talent is more important than looks anyway. That's what DSP should aim for instead. They should know how to promote the girls' talent instead of downgrading them to suit their current image.

^^ I think that's where it lies the problem with KARA.. before, they were more about talent and not the traditional idol group thing and now they are.. so it's like how do they incorporate both.. b/c i feel like the original girls are still in it for the music factor.. but they really don't have room/freedom to display that.. so that's DSP's situation..

but since both Gyuri and SeungYeon said they'll be back more mature than we have known them to be, i assume since this version started.. then i don't think we have to worry about cute lol.. and plus both of them seem so confident about it and i think we can trust them on that :thumbup:

Tbh, I think it would have been better if Kara just stuck to their ground and came back as they are like they were back then in Pretty Girl. One way to stand out is going against the trend, and it seems to me it's a common trait with girl groups in Kpop these days to be all fierce and srs business.

If DSP is going to upgrade the cute, I'm praying that it's something that will showcase well their talent. I don't care anymore with their looks and concept if DSP will finally let their talent shine with their songs. :] Talent is more important than looks anyway. That's what DSP should aim for instead. They should know how to promote the girls' talent instead of downgrading them to suit their current image.

I agree .. Talent is definetly more important than concept .. But think about it :/ Their old concept didnt work because it was about talent .. But now .. They have enough recognition and support to go a whole different direction .. And about .. Going against the new trend .. The new trend is basically sexy and woman-like .. If they go against it .. It'll be .. Adorable and child-like .. Sort of like Rock U .. And they've already worked with that .. But i thought of something .. An upgraded sort of concept of rock u for example .. Since Rock u is cute and child-like .. They can go for the teen .. Umm .. Teen sort of concept? .. I dont know :/ This is so hard :/ Especially for DSP :/

i like Berryz Kobou's style,

http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/051...337460_full.jpg

http://amaiwana.files.wordpress.com/2008/0...ancelimited.jpg

or even perfume?

http://vitamindrop.files.wordpress.com/200...perfume_052.jpg

but at the same time, yes talent is more important. and i think with this more mature phase going around, I don;t reall see DSP giving the girls another really cutesy taste. like it'll prob still be there like snsd, but maybe with a twist to it.

they are said to be following trends, and right now, over cutesy is not a trend. so i am expecting something more casual. but i am anticipating so i will wait.!