[2009.05.26] [Visit on the set 2] Kara: "We're holding knives in place of mics today"

tinggg

SSI_20090526004134_V.jpg

Making seafood soup and kimchi cheese fried rice - Han Seungyeon/Hong Sungjun team

-Do you normally cook well?

Han Seungyeon: "I often just cook whatever my taste buds find tasty."

-But making seafood soup is difficult.

Han Seungyeon: "I went with Sungjun Oppa to the market to pick ingredients, and I discovered a seafood soup making kit. Either way since I live in the dorms, this seemed like an easy choice.

-Thoughts on participating and who will be first place?

Han Seungyeon: "It's like a war atmosphere. You can tell if you look at the ruins of the dining table. We have to make sure we finish both dishes within the time limit, so there isn't even time to clean up, just hurriedly making the dishes. And of course we'll be first place."

SSI_20090526004226_V.jpg

Making palace rice cake and seafood rice cake - Park Gyuri/Choi Dajin team

-Do you normally cook well?

Park Gyuri: "If others eat the food I cook, they all say it tastes delicious."

-The reason for making rice cake?

Park Gyuri: "Others really like my rice cake, so I decided to make it. If you take out 'care' from my body, I am nothing but a corpse. (laughs)"

-Who'll be first place?

Park Gyuri: "It seems like the Jiyoung/Kyunghyun team will get first. Ours doesn't seem like it'll turn out as well as we thought. The gas burner wasn't working so I had to use the one in the kitchen, so I had to keep going back and forth. It's such a pity."

SSI_20090526004351_V.jpg

Making stir-fried chicken soup - Kang Jiyoung/Cho Kyunghyun team

-Who'll be first place today?

Kang Jiyoung: "Of course we will. Me and Kyunghyun oppa's breathing matches well."

-Not wearing cooking gloves?

Kang Jiyoung: "Yeah. You're supposed to just make food like this anyways. Food needs hands to be tasty."

-Why did you decide to make stir-fried chicken soup?

Kang Jiyoung: "Honestly earlier at the market the Hara/Soojin team was going to make stir-fried chicekn soup, so we decided to make it. We want to make it especially savory, so we even prepared bananas."

Koo Hara (who overheard): "I coolly let her. (laughs)"

SSI_20090526004517_V.jpg

Making stir-fried pork, sausage, fish and bean curd vinegar rice - Koo Hara/Kim Soojin team

-Do you normally cook often?

Koo Hara: "I've tried making a lot of things. I even store recipes in my cell phone now. I don't get to make things often, but my food's really good."

-You're making four kinds of dishes.

Koo Hara: "I wanted to show bits of flavors here and there. But what I'm most confident about is the stir-fried pork. The beancurd vinegar rice goes well with the stir-fried pork."

-You really like the decoration?

Koo Hara: "If the food looks good then it will also taste good."

SSI_20090526004605_V.jpg

Making kimchi stew and fruit punch - Jung Nicole/Lee Seulgi team

-Who will be first today?

Nicole: "Of course our team will be. Please await our top flavor. [When you try the flavor of the kimchi stew] you'll go WOW this is the best, hot!"

-You have a lot done already?

Nicole: "First of all, along with the kimchi stew, you can eat the fried egg and spam rice that we prepared. It's what I normally enjoy eating. And for dessert we made fruit punch. We mixed Korean and American styles."

-Are you going to cool the fruit?

Nicole: "It'll become cool if I put it in the freezer right? The freezer is under the fridge right?"

Kara and friends' cooking showdown is a project on MTV Kara's Meta Friends.

For this project, people auditioned to become Kara's friends and now the final 5 have to complete special missions during a 1 night 2 day MT with Kara.

There will be a total of 6 episodes and it will air every Tuesday, starting with today's (26th) 4pm broadcast of MTV Kara's Meta Friends Episode 1: Meeting New Friends.

Link: http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.p...=20090526603001

Link by: Mae

Translated by: Tinggg @ Karaholic.com

~special thanks to peter for help :eyelove:~

Take out with full credits when redistributing! Do not add in or remove the credit line.

their food looks so delicious :) and i thought sy placing the mozzarella sticks just like on the dish was funny, btw i noticed sy loves mozzarella!! (me too!) Nicole's Korean American dish must be classic lol and i never really heard of making fruit punch but it makes sense the way her and partner made it :eyelove:.

thanks tinggg and peter :eyelove:

Awww their food looks tasty and yummy...XD

Just looking at it makes me hungry...lol

I wonder who will win...

Too bad Gyul onni's wasn't working well...

Thank you very much for the translations Tinggg onni and Peter ^^ anad for the tip off Mae onni ^^

T o be honest i doubt SY will won that competition... Her and her partner food look the messiest.... :eyelove: But maybe it taste great, lol who knows....

Hara's food seem the most complicated, And i wanna try Nicole's mixed fruit punch....

Cant wait to watch this and Thx for the translation...

Park Gyuri: "If others eat the food I cook, they all say it tastes delicious."

i got reminded of idol show. lol. the part where she put in the fish and vegetable into the water w/o waiting for it to be boiled. she was so confident that it'll come out good. :eyelove:

a mixture of both of male and female fans. :) looks fun. :eyelove:

thanks ting and peter! :wub:

ooh thanks for subbing!

wow i really can't wait to see how they actually turn out

and everyone looks like they are having fun =D

maybe the winners might actually get to be friends that stay in contact with kara, little get togethers and what not D:

i personally love kimchi fried rice so maybe seungyeons will turn out alright... though those sticks of cheese just piled on kind of worry me *thinks of her on Family Needed and her funky rice...*

haha .. wat gyuri said it aLso remind me wat did she say in idoL show haha .. LOL .. the partner of Han Seungyeon seems so cute .. LOL

Aww, so cute! Ji Young's team seem like they're having so much fun!

I can see the chemistry already xD It's so interesting and the food looks

So yummy! I wish I was there to taste their food and drinks.

Park Gyuri-ssi, first place!

haha that's what I wish :whistling:

maknae Jing and her partner seem to have chemistry! But I think Nicole won't let Jing win that easy :D

can't wait for the next ep!

thanks for the news

Han Seungyeon: "I often just cook whatever my taste buds find tasty."
LOL oh SY, she's so cute (:

Hara looks so freaking gorgeouss. I love her hair/outfit.

And baby Jing looks like she's having a lot of fun. Her dimples are insanely adorable! (:

I love pictures of her laughing like that (:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...