Seungyeon's solo activities.

Seungyeon's solo activities.   

115 members have voted

1. 1. Too much or Just right?

• Too Much
    • Just Right
    • DSP should let her rest once in awhile
    • Don't care. She's representing Kara well right?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she have too much activity,i concern it

but if she like all her activity,its ok ^^

i'll supporting her,kekekeke :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Before when KARA weren't as popular, I can see why DSP pushed her so hard but I think she got a bit of relief when Hara came. I think the pressure really isn't as much as before now because there's Nicole now and Hara and Gyuri and on occasion Jing .. I never was fond of her having to do "all the work" for KARA, it wasn't fair to her or the other members but that can't be helped sometimes. The lack of sleep and some kind of regular life, she never really got to experience that while the other girls did. But i think the promotion is beginning to spread more to the girls and Seungyeon can just enjoy being a KARA member and chill out more and obviously we are all thankful and recognize all her hard work as well.

oh i don't think my opinion is within the choices available.

• 2 weeks later...

After considering all the factors, I'd say Seungyeon has a decent amount of solo activities, and I'll agree with her own saying that she can handle more.

Realize that KPop is a very competitive industry. With so many idol groups debuting left and right, not only group appearances, but solo appearances are also highly sought for. So any member would be lucky to have solo activities.

Also realize that she is still young and that as she gets older, these types of opportunities come less and less often. That is, she still has the youth and energy to tackle on so many things at once.

By the same token, the earlier she tries different things, the more experience she'll get, and more doors will open up. She's very well-rounded in all types of talents and fields, and she should showcase them to those who don't like or care for Kpop. We know she's very capable, at singing, especially OST, at dancing, at acting, at variety, at MC, at public speaking, at studying, at learning different languages, etc. Many of these things can't be demonstrated or developed by group activities alone.

Of course group activities should come first. But as Gyuri says about Seungyeon, she is very good at managing time and schedule. So I'm sure she can handle a little bit more workload outside of their group activities.

I love seeing Seungyeon on shows!! I can never get enough of her. I think she has had a little of the stress relieved as the "representative" of KARA since DSP has made it a sort of co-position between she and Hara. Still, Seungyeon goes on/has been on ALOT of shows. I think it was only during lupin era and half of mister era which was when IY was out that Hara took on most of the work, because even up until then, it was mainly Seungyeon.

Seungyeon's schedule will probably start to pick back up more as KARA become more and more active in Korea. She is already a permanent MC on Animal farm and I'm sure DSP will be putting their "representative" to work again soon in terms of highly packed schedules. It seems like DSP is trying to push Jiyoung alot this year too, so who knows. I'm betting that those three (Hara, Seungyeon, Jiyoung) will have the busiest year...but they are hard workers, and the only ones who are "free" to do work if you know what I mean. Gyuri has a radio show and play to rehearse for. Nicole has her cookie business to manage. SHJ aren't free as in they have nothing to do, but they are the only ones without big chunks of time blocked off on their schedules.

• 1 month later...

I just wanna say that after seeing her work on the 4Tomorrow collaboration work she did and plus the solo work she did on numerous OSTs, absolutely, Seungyeon is a dedicated and very hard-working member of Kara. But don't get me wrong. All five of them are. I still remember a clip of her on Strong Heart where she balled her eyes out protecting Kara's name (:crying: I wanted to comfort her and show her how much Kamilia love and support grew). Its sad when any artist anywhere around the world has to claw their way up to be noticed or to get their name out. That's why marketing is such a ferocious business. Unfortunately it's the artists who often suffer because of it. It's good to know that the Kara fighting spirit has blessed the Fab-Five and given them successes and rewards that they so rightly deserve.

• 1 month later...

I too think that DSP should give her a little rest time...

well its not just Seungyeon..

almost every idol going through that same hardship...

although they already well known by almost every inch of the world they still have a very packed schedule...

how bout for a change let the rookie group go through the same hardship their sunbaenim had gone to make their name well known to the world (it's not like they didn't do that but there are already some group that I don't get much info bout the)...

like, just as example: 5Dolls from Core Content. although CCM should promote them but after "Like This or That" I didn't hear any single from them while T-ara (their agency sunbaenim) had already release 2 (or 3 I think) new single after the "Roly-Poly" single out. And around this month they will release another single while 5Dolls still in hiatus. Even Hwayoung is not really well known among fans. And I still waiting for boys unit for Co-ed School...

(sorry I had to give example from other agency not DSP since I didn't hear any new rookies group/singer from their agency. and if they do have this prove my words that the agency did take least care bout their rookie group)...

they should take example of JYP. they really trying to promote Miss A before they continue with 2AM, 2PM and then WG...

although they're helping to promote their group more but the schedule really put too much burden on them...

anyone agree with me???

• 7 months later...