[2009.05.27] KARA holds their first ever mini-concert

coffeebeanie

2009020907295910021arircs9.jpg

Idol group KARA who gained much popularity through <Pretty Girl> and <Honey> will be holding their first ever mini-concert since their debut last 2007.

They will be holding a 70-90 minute concert in the MTV studio on May 30, at 5:30 in the afternoon as part of their newest reality program, MTV's KARA's MetaFriends. The lucky participants of the program will be part of this concert as well, as they will be introduced as KARA's friends at this event. The lucky five fans had to overcome the odds 100:1 to be able to become KARA's friend.

The 5 members of KARA will be singing around 7-8 songs together. Not only will there be the group performances, but the individual members will be able to showcase their talents as Nicole is set to sing Park Jung Hyun's <Secret> while Gyuri will be playing the piano and singing a ballad version of <Pretty Girl>.

This episode of MetaFriends is scheduled to be broadcasted on July 7, 2009, at 4pm on MTV.

source: MYDAILY LINK and STAR.MK LINK

thanks to anne@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

i loved Lena Park's Secret! i wonder how Nicole is going to sing it. her voice is pretty different from Lena Park's. i'm sure she will will put it off in her own style. Kara are fangirls of her eh?

Gyul's ballad version of Pretty Girl. lol, i'm looking forward to that too. i wonder if they will perform songs from their 1st album. i would love to see them perform Break It again. :whistling:

I hope there'll be plenty of fancams.

thanks tin!

wow i'm really looking forward to the mini concert! If it's televised then yay someone is bound to upload it, if not... then fancams... *shakes fist* there better be many XD

I can't wait to hear Nicole's version of Secret. Honestly I think her voice is fitting cause it goes really high and it's pretty light - to me she could probably sound really similiar to Lena Park; facial expressions and all =p. (I wish Nicole would do One Sweet Day like her too... give the girl back her English!)

The ever talented Gyuri, I wonder what instruments she knows how to play, so far drums and piano... can't wait to hear her ballad version!

I wonder what the other girls have prepared... Hara with an awesome dance showcase maybe? Jiyoung and Seungyeon... hmm wonder what songs they choose :whistling:

YESSS ! a mini concert ! like finally for the girls who worked so hard since their debut ,

they definately deserve this mini concert !

and i guess it's goin to be boardcast on tv ? since it wrote tat "This episode of MetaFriends is scheduled to be broadcasted on July 7, 2009, at 4pm on MTV "

cant wait to see wat they'll do , gyuri singing a ballard version a pretty girl and nicole doing lena park's secret ! maybe hara , seung yeon and jiyoung would have something up their sleeves for this concert too !

^

^yea i'm hoping Jiyoung would do a solo part as well. I really want to see her solo stage performance, I really like her voice.

"Nicole is set to sing Park Jung Hyun's <Secret> while Gyuri will be playing the piano and singing a ballad version of <Pretty Girl>." That's so awesome, I love the piano, really want to see Gyuri play it. Sound like a well planned out concert, their metafriends are so lucky haha.

Awwww Kara's ever first Mini Concert ^^

I'm excited for their individual performances as well...XD

Ballad version of Pretty Girl ^^

And Nicole's version of Park Jung Hyun's Secret ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

the girls first mini-concert, how exciting ehehe

not to mention that it is this Saturday... :P

i hope there will be fancams, July 7 is just too far away lol..not really, but im just too excited :thumbup:

7 - 8 songs... hmmmm i guess Rock You, Pretty Girl and Honey are a given, i wonder

what the other songs will be, *cough* Break It *cough*

thanks for translating Tin :thumbup1:

y is the the broadcast in july 7.....1 :P month later...so long...

they have to finish airing the show first lol.. the mini concert should be the last episode.

ah wow!! how cool is that.. I really want to see how Nicole will sing that song and gyuri playing the piano is <3!! i wonder if the other girls will get to show their talents as well but can't wait. i saw the list of people who will be attending.. about 75 people.. well they were announced on the mtv site.

thanks tin :thumbup1:

i want HARA to dance.

gosh, can`t wait `til July 07. <---

i wonder if fans are gonna sneak in

cameras. but then again it would be a huge

spoiler, right?!

nicole & Gyuri's individual performances sound

awesome. i wonder what SY, Hara & JiYoung are gonna perform.

Mini-concert! Enough to make me spazz xD I can't wait for them to have their

Own concert tour, than they can come to the US and I can go see them =) Yep

Yep, I'm getting excited. Anyways, I can't wait to see this. But I'm most excited

for Gyuri's ballad version of "Pretty Girl". And wow, she can play the piano?!

i saw the list of people who will be attending.. about 75 people.. well they were announced on the mtv site.

o.o, are you sure that only 75 people will be attending the concert? lol. this is a mini concert, i doubt mtv or dsp would hold a mini concert for just 75 people. lol

and it'll be sad.. i think. concerts should be fun and lively, but if it's just for 75 people... i'd rather the girls hold a fan-meeting or fan signing where more than 200 fans will turn up or even up 1000 of them will ... like their UFO fan-meet.

aigoo! i'm super excited even though this is just a mini concert..

lucky fans who will get to watch...

I wanna hear there solo performances esp. Gyul's... she's going to play the piano? hidden talent eh...

thanks for the news...