[2009.06.22] Girl Group Uproar...Each group's position?

tinggg

Girl Group Uproar...Each group's position?

25z6tz4.jpg

Six teams. In this coming summer, the music industry will be a six girl group showdown.

Equipped with big weapons such as big media companies, hit songs, and the the public's curiosity, a hot competition between the girl groups is forming, and fans have been forecasting their similarities and differences. SNSD and Kara, who received a lot of support from male fans in the first half of the year will go head-to-head, new forces 2NE1 and 4minutes are refreshing the industry, and Brown Eyed Girls and <JYP3> wil add cool vocals.

SNSD - Kara: Reliving the glory of the first half of the year

SM Entertainment and DSP Media, who once competed with SES and Fin.K.L, now are going at it again with SNSD and Kara. Both groups will have their comebacks this summer, again showing the public their determination to succeed. First it'll be SNSD. SNSD released their new song <Tell Me Your Wish> on the 22nd, as "Goddesses of Fortune" to send a energy-revitalizing message to the busy-routined people. It is described as 9 young girls on stage, filling it with fresh radiant energy. It'll be interesting to see if this song can create the blast like <Gee> did before.

Then it will be Kara in mid-July. Though the title song has not completely been set yet, the "cute and lively" concept they pioneered will remain. That liveliness compared to the other groups who are debuting with more of a sexy concept, will put Kara in a unique position on their own.

DSP said, "Currently each active girl group has their specific style, and Kara won't go about throwing away their unique concept. Their activities will go with the nation's trends."

[...]

Link: http://www.asiae.co.kr/uhtml/read.jsp?idxn...062200480947090

Link by: Mae

Translated by tinggg @ Karaholic.com

CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE.

woot! thank you tinggg for the translation and mae for the article! yes there is the Kara will go with "nation's trends," again. that's definitely an interesting analogy, the SES vs Fin.K.L with SNSD and KARA. I can feel the HEAT (with summer and the girl group war, yeah I know that was cheesy)! The members of Kara seriously don't even have to try to be cute and sexy, they just naturally are which altogether makes them so attractive, and yes I am bias when it comes to Kara, but it's a Kara forum so too bad hehe Also, I hope DSP remains true to their word and keep Kara unique! GO KARA~

^^ your post is so exciting :D

thanks tinggg!! :D

yes.. i was thinking.. KARA are the only one having this concept? and no other groups have really tried to have the same concept...and seems like they are all going to similar trends of each other..

i like it though they aren't really doing anything different but staying with their concept while including making changes that are needed lol. i feel happy that DSP is so confident.. it's better than making a statement showing their worries.... oh dsp, you never know what you get with them :D

VV true anne.. but just wait and see ..

i still hope for a mature sound. lol. bright and lively = cutesy. it's always like that.

i love Kara and all, but i really hope they will start moving forward to make some changes.

how long more is dsp planning on sticking with the bright & lively concept?

GyulHam are in their 20s. -.- im sure they feel weird and awkward to see the younger groups singing more maturely than them. lol

but again, i guess, we'll only see when they make their comeback. lol

thanks ting!

hmm. im like wow. this article got me so curious of KARA now.

they feel 110 confident just as i am right now.

love the girl groups right now. but can`t wait for snsd & kara's :]

thanks for this translation. love it <33333333

well good on them for sticking to something we're familiar with i guess plus it fits their personalities anyways... lets just hope when they say "cute and lively" they just mean the energy that kara gives off but they'll dress more accordingly to their age ...

personally when i think of "cute and lively" i picture lots of bright colours and smiles... i'm seriously biased but i think of the u-go-girl clothes xD

Honestly, after hearing SNSD's latest long, I felt like the teaser was misleading. The catchiest part of the song, which they used in the trailer, (was it the refrain?) only lasted for a few seconds in the song, and didn't come on too often. It's a nice song, but not nearly as mind-engraving as "Gee." Though, I do love their new image with this comeback. Yoon A's hair is gorgeous!

As for 2Ne1 and 4Minutes, those two groups look like carbon copies of each other. I'm not really phased by their image or their vocals. But I don't know, it took me about a year until I was turned into a Soshi fan.

I think Kara has a good chance of topping the charts, especially if they come out with a song that's even catchier and leaves a "fuller feeling" than Same Heart. I just loved the summer feel I got from that song, but who knows, I'm probably biased.

This article is very interesting ^^

Kara with their unique concept ^^

Definitely waiting and looking forward for that....lol

But the battle out there sure is tough but I believe in Kara ^^

Kara Hwaiting~~~

Thank you very much for the translations Tinggg onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

well good on them for sticking to something we're familiar with i guess plus it fits their personalities anyways... lets just hope when they say "cute and lively" they just mean the energy that kara gives off but they'll dress more accordingly to their age ...

personally when i think of "cute and lively" i picture lots of bright colours and smiles... i'm seriously biased but i think of the u-go-girl clothes xD

i agree with you lol.i don't think they will go back to the path of Rock U either when they say bright and lively.. i seriously think they mean the energy in general..they can only go Up.. and we never ever can predict what DSP will do lol.. but after the Honey promos ending.. i think we should keep a good feeling..

JYP3 will be a new 3 girl group from JYP that they have yet to name, that's why its named as JYP3 in the mean while. And totally agree that KARA came out with a different cuteness from Rock U to Honey.

So yeah, lets just anticipate what KARA will come out with!

I'd thought that the concept in Honey was "graceful beauty".

But now that you mention it, the shots of Kara's maknae in Honey's mv was kinda cute. >_>

Still, they mostly look like divine beauties in Honey, heh!

All hail the goddess Gyuri!

Edited by Gilzord

Hm, interesting. I think they should change their concept. Either back to Street Hip Hop or

Something more mature, sexy. I understand why they're staying with the same style because

"Honey" gave them great success but, it won't hurt for a change right DSP. I'm kind of disappointed

In all of this. But I guess we just have to wait to see what they're really going to bring for us.

Feels like DSP's kind of scare to change their concept, like they say, they're coming back with

More confidence, hope they'll live up to it. Thanks for sharing.

ooo....interesting and exciting news! There's alot of stuff happening this year. A 6-way showdown between 6 girl groups with new concepts and the Wonder Girls debuting in the US.

This is going to be a very interesting second half of the year.^^

KARA FIGHTING! WOW another heated battle! WOW KARA is at the top right now. I'll be rooting for both SNSD and KARA (KARA a bit more) I like both of them so KARA AND SNSD FIGHTING!

that was a great article telling about the current kpop scene. First of all snsd new song it`s really good, better than `gee` and they will make a lot of success with it. About the new groups 2ne1 and 4 minute, 2ne1 performances are always soo great and their music it`s really cool, they`ll make big after releasing their first album.

About 4 minute, their debut song it`s not that great, but i`m supporting hyuna there.

And Kara, their cute concept that bring them to the top have to remain, even i prefer the old `break it` concept, i`ve sure that now isn`t the time to change their concept. Let`s wait new kara song.

who`s jyp3 ? lol.. never heard about them

thanks tinggg for the news!

this summer is gonna to explode with girlband's war. hope that our girls will win this battle ^^

Man! I'm so excited to hear the girls are coming back in mid-July *wait til that day*

the competition amoung all the girl groups would be tough...

however, kara seems to be the only group right now that maintain cute and adorable style, while others lean toward sexiness and funky hip hop.

can't wait for kara come back and wish they will remain so adorable as usual...