[2009.06.22] Girl Group Uproar...Each group's position?

tinggg

its going to be intense! with everybody leaving the cute concept behind and moving on to the mature and sexy looks i guess they will be standing out. but i agree with the clothes, i wish they will have a song and concept thats suitable for gyul and ham,im thnking of cute yet not the super cute. like cute enough to stand out in the girl groups war. 2NE1 and 4minute have this colorful and gangster image while snsd have the sexy marine concept and brown eyed girls have already released their new concept and its sexy and mature, i doubt if jewelry will have a cute concept. so totally looking forward to our girls' comback! kara fighting!! :sosad:

So much competition among girl groups this summer ! I can't wait for KARA to join the battle lol.

DSP is confident and It's good because staying confident is already a big step in the road of sucess.

With 2ne1 and 4minute gangster image and others groups turning into sexy, It will be refreshing to see a different image with KARA. But they also need to mature their lively concept lol.

"the "cute and lively" concept they pioneered will remain."

Pioneered? Ha...ha...ha...

It's only been around since forever.

HAHA. I've always loved your not-so-subtle sarcasm :gemsorry:

So, in the summer, Kara will be the only one with cute concept in a sea of sexiness? I don't know how that will work out, honestly. It's either Kara will stand out because of that, or people will get too tired cutesiness and completely overlook Kara. Or a mix of something in between.

Even SNSD is kind of abandoning the cute concept now.

The influx of girl groups is really starting to alarm me, haha.

i don't think KARA got popular solely on cuteness.. i mean going to t.v. etc.. helped a lot too.. the girls themselves sell the group as much as their image and music, actually i think their personalities make fans stay loyal... just b/c other groups aren't doing cute it doesn't mean KARA doesn't stand a chance.. i mean.. how great is it to be like everyone else? :lol:.. and KARA aren't like everyone else..just look at where they came from and how they got to this point.. that is what has always made them different than other girl groups.

Thank you for this article and translating it.

I'm glad KARA isn't trying to go for the for 'Sexy' concept, because we all know that's been done for. The cute concept which the article said will remain, will definitely give them an easy win because people want something new. I'll support them 100%

apparentely kpop took a tottaly different way from jpop.... there`s a huge difference between kpop and jpop concecepts from girls groups..

for the ignorant westerns that doesn`t know anything about asian music, it`ll be really easy to know that X is kpop and Y is jpop..

LOL okay so.. I know that DSP is trying to make KARA standing out in a jungle of sexy tarzan's girlfriends, I don't expect higher level of cuteness anyway.. pls pls, hopefully it won't be that way =/ Of course it's nothing wrong to be cute, but they need to grow up, to be more mature; what they showed us in Pretty Girl & Honey were kinda okay that way, but DSP seemingly loves crazy stuffs during summer, so....

edit: just scrolled down and noticed anne shared this worry with me lol

& also, this is not the right time for them if they ever think of coming back to the 'gangster' concept. know what? kpop fans lately are joining the craze of labelling idol groups as copycats of each other, and because they are crazy, they are so blind blind blind too. they wont say "omg im so glad that KARA's back to their old days' image" but "dang, KARA is copying 2NE1/4Minute bla bla #$*(%" -_____-

The other songs SNSD have sung now, Etude, is more alike Kara music although not the same. I was wondering if that was after much thought hehe. Trying to capture those much into the cute and innocent concept which Kara seems to have conquered!

there's always competition lol. but i think KARA's position.. even if it's not as sturdy as the other main groups.. is still strong enough :whistling:.. i remember when a certain song came and people were like "that's KARA's type of music" lol.. so don't be so quick to point out how KARA's not unique or doesn't standout ..which i don't understand b/c if you look just a bit more deeper.. they have strayed away from the other groups with so much hype and support and struggled on their own.. who can't respect that? lol.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...