How to embed Youtube/Dailymotion videos onto posts.

chupachups

Hello what's up KARAHOLIC! Today I will be teaching you how to easily embed vids into your posts

(Seeing that THIS IS the Streambox section)

How to embed videos in your posts? As long as it's from youtube and dailymotion, it's really really easy.

For Example we have this as our youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYoYoBtLqOY

Now, The only part that we need from this is the underlined part (Always remember that the only line of string that we need from the youtube link is the one after the "watch?v=")

You can do it manually by typing in the special bb code

[youtubevideo][/youtubevideo]

and putting in the underlined part of the link in between the code like so

[youtubevideo]zYoYoBtLqOY[/youtubevideo]

And presto! You have now successfully embeded a youtube vid!

Incidentally, the dailymotion embed code is quite similar to this.

For Example we have this as our dailymotion link http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkweh8

Now, The only part that we need from this is the underlined part (Always remember that the only line of string that we need from the dailymotion link is the one after the ".com/video/". it's usually the first 6 letters/numbers of the string of text)

You can do it manually by typing in the special bb code

[dailymotion][/dailymotion]

and putting in the underlined part of the link in between the code like so

[dailymotion]xkweh8[/dailymotion]

And presto! You have now successfully embeded a dailymotion vid!

OR!

You could do it the easy way.

Notice the icon looking like an image beside the "FONT" feature of your WYSIWYG editor and select the option of putting in the Youtube or Dailymotion link ;)

If you followed the instructions correctly, you should get something like this as a result:

Apology:

sorry if this thread was only updated recently :sorry:

If you have any further questions, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask here! :)

Edited by r0naLd222
UPDATED information
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nobody updated this thread for help on how to embed videos. The instructions didn't work for me and I had to experiment with the editor until I got it right. All you need to do is click on the 3rd button from the top left of the post editor buttons labeled 'Special BB Code', then select the source of the embedded link (youtube, dailymotion, twitter, etc.) then enter just the BB Code in the box and click Ok.

Edited by ZenChai
  • Like 2

Nobody updated this thread for help on how to embed videos. The instructions didn't work for me and I had to experiment with the editor until I got it right. All you need to do is click on the 3rd button from the top left of the post editor buttons labeled 'Special BB Code', then select the source of the embedded link (youtube, dailymotion, twitter, etc.) then enter just the BB Code in the box and click Ok.

Thanks for letting us know.. I had the moderator of this forum (r0nald222) edit the first post so it has the right information now! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...