[2009.06.27] Kara's Comeback Secret Revealed "We have our eye on our competition"

trenchant

Kara's Comeback Secret Revealed "We have our eye on our competition"

200906261808571001_1.jpg

On the evening of June 26th, at Seoul, Yoido, Kara performed live on KBS TV Music Bank with a special performance. It had been a while since their last appearance on the program. Back in April, 'Honey' activities concluded and Kara had taken a temporary break from music programs.

Kara works assiduously as they prepare for their comeback in late July. Their competition SNSD, BEG, 2NE1, 4 Minute, and others have become increasingly popular as the girl group war begins to unravel.

Kara's Han Seungyeon met with reporters in the Music Bank waiting room/lounge. "It has been a long break, but I feel our emotions are much more calm and composed than they were before our temporary hiatus... We (Kara) look forward to showing our fans our image for the new album." said Seungyeon.

Seungyeon is watching with increasing interest in the current girl group showdown. "There were a lot of big surprises and great performances which impressed me. For our debut, we will be showcasing a more mature look than our previous album... There are times when we sometimes do become envious and want to imitate the other groups. But we are different from the other girl groups and possess a distinct color (characteristic). We will show Kara's charisma! We are confident!" said Seungyeon.

Leader Gyuri confirmed that Kara has "been working at the studio recording... Choreography practices are held as scheduled... We watch with enthusiasm of the other girl groups as we prepare for our comeback in the arena...Through this album, we hope to show our growth from our previous image. Kara may have its cute image, but soon unique Kara will reveal its one of a kind charm!" exclaimed Gyuri.

-----

Link: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200906261808571001

Link by: anne

Translated by trenchant @ Karaholic.com

CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For our debut, we will be showcasing a more mature look than our previous album... There are times when we sometimes do become envious and want to imitate the other groups.

see guys.. not everything is as it seems.. the girls aren't giving us much details but leave us in suspense.. which is actually exciting and builds anticipation lol..

well really honest of SY to reveal that about the other groups.. it's normal to want to be like them b/c that's the trend.. but eh.. only KARA can do what they do :).. and more mature than previous albums! :D

thanks paul!

The suspense is on...lol

I'm definitely excited and looking forward to their comeback ^^

They sure are busy recording for the album and later for their practices...XD

Thank you very much for the translations Paul oppa ^^ and for the tip off Anne onni ^^

i think its very natural for them to check out the competition and want to be like them.. well not exactly the same, but at least they'll know that they have to give it their very best because the other girl groups are worthy competition.. :)

something more mature? yes please. but not too mature.. :P

and i'm glad they're not feeling too pressured or tense about their current break.. as SY said, this is kind of different form their last break.. they have a definite plan ahead of them, and i can't wait!

thanks paul&anne~

hoho, it's always nice to see the two oldest giving their thoughts and insights on their status.

For our debut, we will be showcasing a more mature look than our previous album...
Kara may have its cute image, but soon unique Kara will reveal its one of a kind charm!" exclaimed Gyuri.

i'm actually felt glad when i read this. lol. it really seems that they wont come back as cutesy?

i have to stop saying this all the time, huh? lol

we'll see in July, i guess.

thanks paul! :P

I'm glad that they have confidence and they aren't afraid of competition. I'm dying to know what is going to be the new concept. Mature doesn't say a lot, but it's a good sign. I don't wanna too much cutesy, even although I like cute concept ^^

Hmm, reading this makes me think their comeback is going to be a slow / r&b song.

They really have a lot of confidence now. The more confident they are the more confident

Their fans will be. Can't wait for their comeback, I'm really excited now. Thanks!

Omg i start to find this so interesting!! They keep revealing this and that of the new concept by different descriptions haha go go kara! okay so maybe i've felt less worried about the cuteness, after more than once they mentioned growth and more maturity, and look, they appear to be so confident right? lol, what a good sign <333

thanks paul!!!

I'm really excited about their comeback! A mature look, eh? That will be cool to see since it will be totally different from their recent hit songs. Not to mention, they are straying away from the images the other girl groups have these days. Hopefully it will be a mature look with some attitude. It will be a good mix since other groups are all about sexy or attitude these days.

Can't wait to see them compete with the others. This year seems to be all about girl groups!

oooo, things are starting to roll ehehe... i so cant wait,

hopefully the teasers (if not just pictures) will be released soon :eyelove:

so it seems like the concept will be in the range of mature yet cute, ahhhh :eyelove:

july starts this week, so not long now lol :thumbup:

thanks for translating paul :tongue:

Through this album, we hope to show our growth from our previous image. Kara may have its cute image, but soon unique Kara will reveal its one of a kind charm!" exclaimed Gyuri.
8D So it won't be a cutesy image? Ooo can't wait until DSP reveals what he has in store for them. Garg, I hope some promo pictures will be released soon. @_@
There are times when we sometimes do become envious and want to imitate the other groups.
Gosh I really love how honest KARA is in interviews. So brave/straightforward of SY to say something like that.