• Announcements

• r0naLd222

Looking for GFX Peepz!   10/18/2016

Karaholic needs GFX (Graphic Artists). If you are interested, please message me or @flamestalker , @Yongery or @Lupang
    • flamestalker

[NEW] Member Solo Activities Subforums!   03/11/2017

Hey Karaholic! Since all of the members are now with different agencies, we thought it'd be appropriate to create new subforums so members can stay in touch with their activities. Please try to post here from now on with future updates and events.  Here are the new subforums we've created:
      Park Gyuri: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/158-park-gyuri-solo-activities-motion-media/
      Han Seungyeon: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/159-han-seungyeon-solo-activities-jwide/
      Goo Hara: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/157-goo-hara-solo-activities-keyeast/
      Jung Nicole: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/160-jung-nicole-solo-activities-b2m/
      Kang Jiyoung: http://www.karaholic.com/forums/index.php?/forum/161-kang-jiyoung-solo-activities-sweetpower/ For Youngji, we've opted to leave the forum as is as she is still with DSP Media.  Thanks for your attention, hope you continue to drop by and visit.. new members and old! 

-KH Staff
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coffeebeanie

[2009.07.05] KARA's Nicole call someone 4 years older than her as "Ahjussi"

52 posts in this topic

ssi20090705000851v.jpg

New group Gary Gold Smith's flower boy Smith (Jung Seung Hyun, 21) recalls an incident with KARA's Nicole that left him flustered.

Smith revealed "About 2 years ago, I met KARA backstage and Nicole said to me 'Ahjussi, you look pretty!' which left me pretty shocked."

In 2007, Smith was part of the group Monster. He says "One of the members of Monster was close to KARA so he said that he'll introduce me to the girls. So we went to their waiting room. After I greeted the girls nervously, KARA's Nicole immediately quipped 'Ajhussi, you look pretty!' It was pretty shocking to me."

Smith was only 19 at that time and it was the first time he was ever called an 'Ahjussi', by Nicole who is 4 years younger than him.

"It was the first time I ever heard that, but it wasn't really a bad feeling. Because I'm pretty. (Laughter) After that incident, whenever I see Nicole on TV, I see her originally innocent and honest nature. And also because of that incident, I feel a certain closeness, familiarity with her."

source: NOWNEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

:dumb:.. she might have been joking.. but if she wasn't it's still pretty funny..

i'm pretty sure it was "Real" that introduced him to the girls.. Sunghee's is friends with him, she sang at Monster's fan meeting once :D..

thanks tin <3!!

She's so cute. :D I guess that was when her Korean wasn't quite steady yet. :dumb:

haha yeah, Real probably introduced the girls to him. :)

that was really cute of Nicole though. a cute innocent mistake.

thanks tin. :)

lol

well that time nicole is still not familiar about korean culture i guess..

but now i think she'll never call someone who's 4 years older than her an ahjussi..xD

maybe oppa =]

hahaha....

yeah,maybe that time nicole is still not familiar about korean...

well...thanks for the translation ^^

she probably thought back then that ahjussi is the proper way to call a male older than her.. haha :) cute though.. gaaaaah. i miss kara. when is their comeback? (okay, that was just a rant. :) )

Lolz, what a cute mistake by Nicole!

She just started learning Korean back then, so its most probably a mistake... heheh

What a cute incident that was, lol ^^

I guess Nicole was trying to be polite but she ended up using the wrong respect word...lol

So adorable ^^

Thank you for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

woah. she's so innocent yet cute. ahjussi~~~. lol

i can't imagine how flustered smith is. ^^

Yeah, Nicole meant no harm. She did not say ahjusshi deliberately to offend, I wonder what her reaction would have been.... funny, cute haha. Thank you both tin and mae!

haha. gosh, how can you not likeLOVE Nicole?!

that is so nicole. :lol:

it`s a cute mistake.

actually, any mistake that NICOLE

makes seems cute. <3333333333

PUAHAHAHAHAA oh nicole...why are you so cute

i hope he doesn't take it offensively haha nicole is a little silly sometimes :lol:

Two years ago. That's when her korean wasn't very... stable? haha.

I guess she meant Oppa :3 That's so cute of her, though!

And it must've been pretty confusing for smith to be called pretty and ajusshi at the same time. XD

why is nicole soo cuteeee? :3

Thanks Tin! (:

hahahah

i think she thought that ajussi have the same meaning of oppa and decided to said at that time..

now her korean it`s much more better.. i wish i could speak like her lol

Nicole's randomness is at it again!

awww Nicole is soo cute!!

im sure she didnt mean it.. she was probably confused!!

The way Jung Seung Hyun said, its sounds like those cute love drama where the guy likes special girls :)

Thanks for the translation~

aww, that so cute!! hehehe~

but i think she is just kidding in some ways XB~

kekeke~ but the person didnt mind it though~

haha i think she was confused XD

she wasn't that fluent in korean at that time? hehe

:)

ROFL! Nicole is so cute calling him Ahjussi :D

maybe she is teasing him or just got confused at that time.