[2009.07.07] Big Girl Group Matchup "Kara vs. BEG"

trenchant

200907071153161002_1.jpg

In the midst of all the girl group clamor, fans await for the comeback between Kara and BEG (Brown Eyed Girls).

'Women of the City' Brown Eyed Girls

The four member girl group BEG are near the stages of completion for their mid July comeback. They have already unveiled images from their coming album which revealed a classical and sexy image of the group.

BEG's image is not light and cute, rather it revolves around our new tunes, classic funk old style.

BEG's image is the 'Women of the City' where the whole body is used as an expression of their concept. We want 'Women of the City' to become the new icon for females.

In 2008, BEG their songs 'LOVE' and 'How Come' had made them an icon not only in the music industry but also in the realm of fashion.

Cuteness + Kara

If Brown Eyed Girls aims to project a more mid 20s mature feminine feel, then Kara continues to confidently display its young and fresh 20s look.

Since the end of 2008 and early 2009, 'Pretty Girl' and 'Honey' has immensely increased Kara's popularity and now prepare to comeback in late July.

Kara fans have been on the edge of their seats ever since DSP revealed Kara's comeback in July, anticipating what their next concept would be.

On June 26, Kara performed on KBS's Music Bank Fin.K.L.'s 'To My Boyfriend' flawlessly as part of their special stage performance.

Kara has revealed little hints like; "We're watching other girl groups with much interest" and "We will use this coming album as a way to show our growing image" "We still have our cute side, but

we will show a unique charm that only Kara has" which have been adding to the excitement for their return in late July.

As the big match girl group competition continues to intensify, fans have already lined up Brown Eyed Girls with Kara because of the proximity of their comeback (BEG in mid July, KARA late/end July).

[...]

source: Newsen Article

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by trenchant@KARAholic.com

CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

lol, this article seemed to have more information about BEG than Kara, but then again, we the fans must know what our Kara is up against. BEG's concept seems interesting... Flaunting bare legs must be the new trend, looking at both snsd and beg.... does that mean we will see more of Nicole's toned calves and thighs? Only time will tell!

xDDD ROFL on your comment xDD

well we could just wait and see^^

Really can't wait for both of their comeback.. I love both groups^^

is it already confirmed yet that they'll do a cute image on their comeback?

well I do want to see a different side of KARA in their comeback^^

thank you for sharing & translating the news^^

Hmm, this is interesting. I became a fan of BEGs' after their song "How Come" last year.

Girls groups these days are definitely going towards the sexy flirty concept. I don't think

Kara will be going that way any time soon, but I do wish they'd stop with the cute / fresh

Concept. Gyuri & Seung Yeon are getting older and more maturer, I feel they'd be more

Confortable with a more mature concept. But I guess we really don't know what Kara will

Be bringing this month until they've made their comeback. I'm really getting excited and

Nervous for their comeback. Thanks for sharing & I'm really anticipating their comeback!

haha i'm sure Nicole can take one for the team ^_^.. i think there is more info on BEG b/c their company has released info lol.. while DSP has basically kept silent except for some of the girls giving hints away..

still it's interesting to see what happens next with KARA.

thanks paul.

haha, as always, dsp would only release stuffs/teasers on the last week. i doubt we would be seeing/hearing anything as for now. if dsp keeps true their word, maybe we'll get to see the teasers late 3rd week of July? ^_^ like amy, i'm hoping they wont go on the cutesy route as well. lol. not something like rock u cute, definitely. :)

muahaha, a few more weeks to go!

thanks paul. :)

2 of the comebacks I'm looking forwards. ♥ I love both of them. Both of them are my favorite girls group. *-* So I'm really happy with this month. lol

Now... I really want to know how will they look.

*Laughs - Hahaha!* Flaunting bare legs? So not Kara'ish to me. Nevertheless I will show my full support and I just can't wait for their comeback!

Thanks for the translations, trenchant!

Kara fighting until the end!! :lol:

LOL i had to laugh at the end comment

but you're right, only time will tell :lol:

that seems like an interesting "battle" the fresh 20s vs the more classic look going into mid 20s !

makes me even more curious... ahhh Kara they need to tease us with more updates on their comeback :D

intense competition indeed, for all girl groups in 2nd half of 2009.

but i think kara is unique and special and has specific target group for their cute and fresh image, so better keep watching what they'll bring soon.

fighting kara

Yes it did had more news on BEG...lol

But its alright I know DSP would surprise as soon with Kara's new concept ^^

Definitely excited for that though its still kinda far yet...lol

Thank you very much for the translations Paul oppa ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

NOOO not july !!!

TT_TT then im gone.. *Sigh* !!

but!! cant WAit !! :/

Guest maraaa

i both love BEG and KARA. but o course. i like KARA more keke XD i can't wait for their comeback. all i've been hearing about is SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2ne1 and 4minute. i'm so excited to see the new concept of KARA. a unique charm that only KARA has keke :lol:

awww, it really does get you excited about the girls comeback

hopefully there will be more news and maybe even pictures in the coming weeks.. please dsp lol

thank you for translating paul :lol:

thanks mae and paul!! :)

i seriously can not wait for their comeback. i'm loving all the concepts of the girlgroups that have debuted/comeback so far - SNSD, 2NE1, T-Ara, 4 Minute.. Worthy rivals don't you guys think? Can't wait what our girls bring to the table!

I'm so excited about BEG and kara's comeback!!

i cant wait to see what kara's next concept is like..

im hoping the teasers will come out soon.

theres going to be alot of competition between the girlgroups!!