• Sunghee
    • Hara
    • Nicole
    • Jing

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, when I started listening, I found it difficult to tell one voice from another but then again I didn't know who anyone was at that point. Once I started listening a lot it become easy, even though, in Orion there is a part that starts with Nicole and then the 2nd line sounds like Seungyeon but it should be Nicole's line so I'm not sure.

Personally I can distinguish almost all of them by now, but I usually get mixed up between Jiyoung and Hara occasionally. Especially in their earlier years, where they sung much more quietly.

I find Gyuri's intonation in her voice is so together that it's very distinct, making her exceptional as a soloist.

When Seungyeon sings, her voice is sort of the middle ground that encompasses most of the voices of Kara because of her vocal range, so her voice sounds the cleanest to me. I also spend a lot of time listening to Guilty because it's my favprote.

Nicole sings with a bit of a cute quirk and very slight American accent, as exemplified by her pronunciation of "geoya" in Step.

Hara and Jiyoung are just a hit and miss for me, and I'm not quite there yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Right now, I can distinguish all of their voices :lol:

To me, Gyuri voice is the easiest one to recognize because her voice has a high pitch sound? :confused1: LOL sorry, I'm not good at describing their voices but it is from what I heard from their songs :tongue: Seungyeon has a cute voice, Hara has a low calm voice and Jiyoung's is kinda hard to describe. It's cute but a bit husky :D As for Nicole, her pronunciation has a slang with it :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can distinguish them all, because they all have their own distinct voice in my opinion.. Gyuri's is the easiest, Jiyoung's is cutesy, Nicole's is a harsher tone, SY has a powerful voice, and Hara is the cute soft voice!!

Having listened to their songs over a span of more than 3 years... who wouldn't be able to distinguish all their voices? Seungyeon's is sweet and has good range, Gyuri's voice has more depth and is very strong and solid (l imagine her doing opera like it's the most natural thing to her), Nicole's voice has more funk and flavour and is huskier, Jing's has always a cute ring to it like her natural aegyo-filled speaking voice.

But the most distinguishable voice is Hara's in my opinion. As compared to the other members, her's is more suited for lower pitches with less range, which makes her voice very clear and audible in the lines she sing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...