[2009.07.08] MTV <Kara MetaFriends>, Long-awaited wrap-up

tinggg

2gxictu.jpg

MTV <Kara MetaFriends>, Long-awaited wrap-up

Kara's <friend search> will come to a final stop on MTV <Kara MetaFriends> with Kara's first-ever concert "mini concert episode," as a grand highlight finale to wrap up the activities over the 14 days.

<Kara MetaFriends> was a show with ordinary people who wanted to become Kara's friends, and every episode they received a special mission, and finally narrowed down to 5 people. 3 females and 2 males remained to becomes Kara's forever friends.

The <mini concert> that aired on Thursday the 9th will be Kara's first-ever concert, in which they'll share with the finalists. Each member will show their solo talents: Gyuri's sweet singing and piano version of <Pretty Girl>, and Nicole and Seungyeon will sing their favorite songs to show off their skills.

The highlight will be when Kara and the 5 finalists sing <Honey> together, in which the finalists practiced day and night to get down the song and dance. Through this one-of-a-kind concert, you can see Kara and friends' true friendship.

Meanwhile at 4pm on Tuesday the 14th, there will be a "highlight" episode in which it will recap all the amusing moments, as well scenes that weren't shown in the official broadcast.

It will also show the part on the 1st episode where the female student did the "Backstage Teacher Kang" parody that made Kara burst into laughter.

Later in the "Spring picnic" episode, including the sushi making contest and track meet, it will reshow the part where Seungyeon falls and is embarrased with her Gollum impression, namely the "Han Seungyeon Humiliation." There will also be her cute talk about how the "track meet showed everyone's superhuman strength, which was really fun."

Also it will show the 4th episode of "Happy amusement park" of Gyuri's 22nd surprise birthday party, as well as the 5th episode's "1 night 2 day MT" where they all candidly hung out and watched movies, made food together, showing the first half of the sketch.

There will also be Gyuri's "baby voice' imitation, Seungyeon's crying when she ate the wasabi-filled sushi and other scenes that there was not enough time to show, as a behind the story episode.

Lee Hanhyung PD said, "This was a program that showed the fans' huge love. The burden of being an entertainer was thrown away, and Kara was able to be natural friends with the fans. I really want to thank the friends who didn't think of this as a broadcast but instead as a true friendship."

<Kara MetaFriends> was a survival reality show by global music entertainment channel MTV that began broadcasting on May 26th.

Link: http://artsnews.media.paran.com/news/32297

Link by: mae

Translated by: tinggg @ Karaholic.com

Take out with full credits! Do not add in or remove anything!

other than their 1st mini concert, i think the whole itself was kinda disappointing? lol

they didn't really show them interacting with each other. i can see that kara and their friends get along really well, but i wished the show had focused more on their "friendship". lol.

haha, bring back idol show!! :tongue:

thanks ting. :)

i really want to watch the behind-the-scenes cuts.

i wished that PD would of shown more interactions with the fans&the girls.

since it is pretty obvious that the girls did since they were hugging

& having loads of fun together.

anywho, i would love to watch the performances since

the fancams were to noisy. [in a good way! -i might add-].

i hope KARA gets their own reality show like the

other groups!~ *fingers crossed*

THANKS TING for the translation :tongue:

i agree, they should have focused more on their interactions then if they wanted to prove their friendship... most of the time they just showed footage of the girls MC-ing in a way or talking amongst themselves.

this recap epsidoe will definitely help that though :tongue:

Thanks for translating tingggg

Wooot haha..last episode..Nice nice..Behind the scenes ROCKSS...esp with the 30 min constrain..

Lee Hanhyung PD said, "This was a program that showed the fans' huge love. The burden of being an entertainer was thrown away, and Kar was able to be natural friends with the fans. I really want to thank the friends who didn't think of this as a broadcast but instead as a true friendship."

*missing a from kara

Edited by BabyJ

and so another show with Kara has come to an end... this show's concept was interesting, Kara spending time with their fans on an intimate level. I wonder why Kara's idol show was so shot, was it because they had to film Metafriends? Thank you ting for the translation and anne for providing the article

can't wait to see all the episode mentioned here.

i think it's great that kara would be able to show their true freindship for their fans, and vice versa.

love them all, and really wanna see ham cry when eating sushi with wasabi :)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...