Individual's rank in the group?

KARAA<33

Singing

Seungyeon's vocal suit well in Lupin, but Gyuri vocal is not used optimize in this song..

Nicole is good too, Jiyoung vocal has been improved, but im pity with Hara..she was only given 'this is mine' line only??

So, my ranking is Seungyeon, Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung, and Hara (sorry..)

Dancing

Seungyeon is best in halla dance, Hara wuth her hair flip, and Jiyoung with her popping part..

Anyway, their dance is better in this song.. the rank-Hara, Seungyeon, Nicole, Jiyoung, and Gyuri

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singing:

Sunghee(lol i just had to include her), Seungyeon, Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung, then Hara.

Dancing:

Nicole, Hara, Seungyeon, Jiyoung, Gyuri. I based this on the Mister dance. I noticed that Nicole's waist really goes in circles, while the others' don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I really enjoy reading you guys' rankings :D very honest and free from bias (yeah?) HAHA I think it doesnt hurt at all to do this kind of comments.. unless the girls one day come across this and.. well idk =X

Personally I find that I share the same rankings and reasonings with Joss! Lol You took the words out of my mouth.

#1 Seungyeon.

She's not my favourite member but in regards to performing and stage presence, she just pwned <3

I love how she's always so stable and consistent in singing in every performance.

I remember once Gyuri said Seungyeon can't pull off the sexy concept bcos she's the cute icon.

But I just find it not true at all. Seungyeon is best member in pulling ANY concept.

And its really obvious to say that she shows CHARACTER to the performance, you can tell from her expression.

How to say..? At the very appropriate degree? LOL she doesnt overuse the sexy look like Nicole or keep sticking to just-one-kind of gesture like Gyuri.

but knows how to fit to particular performances' vibe. She's a very good dancer with sharp moves too. It might be due to her height or her not labelled as the group's dancer so most of time she's not assigned to be in dance battle.

Okay so in short, Seungyeon wins my heart as an awesome performer :D :D

#2 in dancing - Nicole

I remember how impressed I was when watching her at the MKMF Dance Battle 2007 XD At that time I really "felt" her moves.

But... that's all. Agree with Joss, her dance has been repeating and nothing new from time to time. She overuses the same sexy moves for all songs regardless of its flow; that's not to mention her expression a lot of times just doesnt really fit. I know she's really potential at dancing, not only bcos she said she likes dancing and is more confident when doing it. All she needs is more training where a professional choreographer teaches her on how to feel the music and be move creative.

#3 in dancing - Hara

We have seen mutiple videos of Hara dancing in her pre-debut days right? :D I was to rank her #2 because I know she's got the talent, but.. given the fact that she's not showcased so much. Again, she just needs more time for training. Her tight schedule and the unbelievable lack of focus on training of DSP has been a huge block for her improvement =__=

I have no comment on Gyuri & Jing on this area LOL To be honest I think Jing can improve if she seriously practice, but Gyuri.... unless she can get rid of her just-one-kind of gesture all the time =P

----

#2 in singing - Gyuri & Nicole

Both of them can hit high notes pretty well but at the same time not stable in live singing lol Gyuri's voice is always shaky when it comes to special events, for Nicole she's very unpredictably on and off D: Idk but.. I always feel her vocal is getting slighter and weaker since her debut...

#3 in singing - Jing

She's been improving a lot and you can notice DSP is giving her more main lines in the songs :D I think as she's grown up her voice sounds more mature, she can be a great singer.

#4 Hara

Currently she doesnt receive so good comments about her vocals but I dont blame her. I know she isnt feeling good either T__T DSP STOP RELYING ON YOUR ARTIST'S NATURAL ABILITY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GIVE THEM TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!

from singing ithink seungyeon is the best....i love her voice in lonely song....very smooth....

gyuri is 2nd,nicole 3rd....i love her voice when they do cover for g.o.d song....jiyoung 4th....n hara 5th...

but bcoz they have lack n strong...they have variation in voice n make their harmony is the best i think.....

i dont want to place dancing ranking....coz i think they have same level....but in performance i think seungyeon is the best....coz she have done something different in every performance.....so make me attractive to her

Singing

I would rank Gyuri, Seungyeon and Nicole on the same level. Gyuri is really good with high notes but not very consistent in live performances, Seungyeon is really stable and the most consistent when performing live but I feel that she's not showing it all, I mean it's like she's being safe or something like that, can't explain it while Nicole voice is good with high pitch songs but needs work on controlling it, but for me she's better in lower pitch songs. So for the 3 of them I think each has their own strengths and weaknesses in singing but they compensate those with the other's voice something like that XD

Jiyoung has a lot of potential; she needs more training in singing louder. Hara needs work and training when it comes to singing.

Dancing

I would rank Nicole and Seungyeon as the best dancer of the group. Though Nicole needs more technique in dancing but she

For Dancing

1 NICOLE

2 HARA

3 SEUNGYEON

4 JIYOUNG

5 GYURI

For Singing

1 Seungyeon

2 Gyuri

3 Nicole

4 Jiyoung

5 Hara

well actually for the voice, it was hard to determine between seungyeon,gyuri and nicole cause all of the got strong voices but for dancing, undoublty is NICOLE XD

I agree with what most have said about Hara and Jing's lack of training =A= DSP...come on~ Train these girls moarplzthnx. But I guess they have a tight schedule now, and there's little to no time for further training.

Dancing:

1. Nicole

2. Hara

3. SeungYeon

4. JiYoung

5. Gyuri

Singing:

1. SeungYeon

2. Gyuri

3. Nicole

4. JiYoung

5. Hara

ah dancing would surely be nicole's and hara's thing cause they made it in through dancing and not singing...well gyuri and jiyoung maybe need to work on it a bit because there is a difference between moving your body and dancing lol

in terms of singing well it have to be gyuri,ham and sunghee...their voice is so powerful!thanks for sharing this :D

In terms of singing probably Seungyeon, GyuRi, and Jingly

In terms of dancing I would say HaRa or Nicole

In terms of... uh variety skills I would probably say Nicole, HaRa, or Gyuri

Actually the whole group is pretty well-rounded so I wouldn't totally say that this is the set individual rank (:

for singing

seungyeon, gyuri and nicole are all in distance of each other. what i mean is that seungyeon tends to be the most consistent and her lives are probably the best. gyuri can hit the higher notes but she lacks control and at times, chokes up a bit. nicole can hit the high notes and is fairly consistent but she also lacks control and needs to work on her breaths.

afterwards jiyoung because she has improved so much. however, she is after seungyeon, gyuri and nicole because she still needs some more time to adjust. it was only in lupin that we noticed the drastic difference. before she was a decent singer but during lives, you could hardly hear her! but in lupin performances her voice is loud and clear so good job DSP with giving her more training. she has a good voice she just needs to exercise it.

hara is last because frankly her voice is not up to par with the rest of the members. she also should sing lower pitches because her voice seems to be more suited for it. i feel that with training, she could be a pretty good singer but DSP hasn't been giving her that so her vocals aren't up to level of the rest of kara.

for dancing

nicole is first because she moves with such ease and it's graceful watching her. then hara because she also moves quite well but i think at times, she can be stiff. then probably seungyeon, gyuri and jiyoung.

singing

1. sunghee - I'm sure this poll was for the current members of kara, but come on, putting sunghee at #1 was as obvious as knowing that every day of the week ends in Y. pretty much preaching to the choir.

2. seungyeon - she was kind of "meh" during kara's debut, but it's gradually improved to the point where she's the go-to girl for adlibs, as someone mentioned.

3. nicole - a number of people in the chatbox who think nicole has amazing vocals have obviously never heard of kim sunghee. she started off absolutely awful and banished to almost exclusively rapping, but she's definitely stepped up her singing game, just not enough to surpass seungyeon at this point.

4. gyuri - putting her at 4 is more of a personal preference ranking. you could easily rank 2-4 as gyuri-seungyeon-nicole instead of what I put down. the reason is as follows: I think gyuri sounds like she's not putting enough breath energy into her singing, so to me, she usually sounds out of breath. she sounded like that in 2007, she sounds like that now. that's why I put her below seungyeon and nicole. then again, I've never been a fan of gyuri's talking voice, so that also plays a role in my decision to rank her #4.

5 and 6. hara and jiyoung, in no particular order. they can sing on pitch, but come on, guys. singing is more than just hitting the right tune.

dancing

I really could not care less about dancing and choreography. all it takes is hard work and dedication to hit your steps and dance as a group. but it takes much more than that to sing.

Singing - SeungYeon , her voice is so sweet :P ahhh <3

Dancing - Nicole. *no question about it, even when everyone is doing the Mister dance, her's looks better!

maybe its just cause she doesnt jsut go side to side, she does it in a circle LOL :D

i notice these things =D

For singing, i would rank Seungyeon as first followed by Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung then Hara

For dancing, of course it would be Nicole as first followed by Hara, Seungyeon, Gyuri then Jiyoung

singing

1.nicole - mostly because her voice sounds stronger in most performances, even though Gyuri and Seungyeon are more skilled

2.gyuri - because i like the deeper sound of her voice<3

dancing

1.nicole - pretty obvious why ^^ she brings a lot of energy to the stage

2.jiyoung - i like jing's dancing, her butt dance is my second favorite after nicole's

Singing:

I really wanted to say SungHee, but well, haha.

1. Gyuri

2. Seong Yeon

3. Nicole

4. Jiyoung/Hara (I am doubting if they really sings..I seldom hear them sing.)

Dancing:

1. Nicole

2. Seung Yeon (I like her confident looks in whichever part she does. its awesome)

3. Hara

4. Jiyoung/Gyuri (I would place Gyuri ahead of Jiyoung really..)

singing:

1. Sungyeon

2. Gyuri

3. Nicole

4. depends on the time..... Jiyoung (Since Lupin days) / Hara (before Lupin days)

dancing

1. Hara

2. Nicole

*well Nicole dances so well but you could see that Hara is more powerful to jive or wave in the music...

3. Sungyeon

4. Jiyoung

5. Gyuri

*I think Gyuri is still keeping her image when dancing but she is still of course a great dancer... :D

singing live

1. hammie - she never mosses a note! even while dancing! wicked sick!

2. gyuri - she's good.

3. cole - can't get enough with her rap! love her.

4. jing - voice's very cute. suits her. but need to improve.

5. hara- im sorry to hara fans, she need improvement. she doesnt train on singing right?

dancing.

1. cole and haradoll - they have mad dancing skills. versatile and organized!

2. hammie and jing - very good.

3. gyuri - lacks enery i guess.

LOL!