Individual's rank in the group?

KARAA<33

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched their live performances with the MR removed and i have to say that Gyuri and Seungyeon were the only ones that lived to my expectations. Nicole did alright. Hara and Jiyoung needs to improve. So:

1) Seungyeon

2) Gyuri

3) Nicole

[4&5 are interchangeable]

They all dance pretty well, but Nicole is the best dancer but closely followed by Hara.

1) Nicole

2) Hara

[all the rest are interchangeable]

well i cant give a whole explanation like K4RA--MIL1A and mae did

but yeah, i hate it that ham is overshadowed by her image

*if you dont visit sweet melody spazz thread, this video posted by kim*

she can dance! she is a good dancer! lol

maybe in japan she can show off her dance with her cute image

and it might works for japanese because they are really crazy about kawaii lolol

yep ham's voice is stable, sweet, and she does it very well at live

i love it <3

as for dance, sometimes i think hara > cole

idk how to describe it, but hara's dance looks more natural for me

hahaha imo

Voice:

Leader - I really like her voice :) I think she has the strongest vocals in the group.

SY - Another great voice but i prefer Gyul because Ham's voice is a too cute for me to be #1.

Cole - I like Cole's very distinctive way of singing. She adds a little something of her own into every song.

JiYoung - I can tell she is improving.

Hara - I feel like I need to hear her solo a few lines to actually rank her fairly.

Dance:

Hara - Sometimes I feel like Hara really needs a chance to show off her moves. She's very powerful and straight to the points (on beat).

SY - Same with Hara, i feel like she has so much to show but no chance. I watched her dancer rehersal, smooth dancer.

Cole - The power dancer of the group. I think everyone thinks she's the best dancer because she's a great freestyler who has unique moves.

but i feel like Hara got the rhythm and movement down (good for choreographed dances) And SY is a smooth dancer.

Jing - shes got the most energy rite? :)

Gyul - I havn't really seen much power in Gyul's dance but im thinking she be awesome if she actually tried to power dance. :)

Singing:

This is hard. They each have their strengths and weaknesses which complement each other.

1. Gyuri - Unique voice, good range, very good control, good power.

1. Seungyeon - Most consistent singer in the group. However, her range is limited. From what I have seen she is rarely asked to sing outside her normal range. There are just some notes that SY can't really hit in the upper range. Unless she is belting out a note, all her notes are hit very softly. She has the most pleasant voice but its not unique.... and easily overshadowed and forgettable. Like you know she is a good singer... and that's it.

1. Nicole - Where do I start with this one? Easily best upper range. Her biggest issue is her lack of consistency, she can often go pitchy. Most unique voice making it stand out. She is most often forced to sing in the upper range because she can. However, any lack of control and it goes pitchy so easily. I think she has very good control of her voice in her normal singing range. And when she sings she looks like she sings with the most emotion (SY too). Since her range is higher, she sounds like she sings with more power than the rest. All her ending notes cut though the music without much effort.

4. Jiyoung - Good voice but she tends to almost whisper her lines. She is coming out her shell. When she does, she is like a second SY taken down a notch in all categories. She is young and has much to learn.

5. Hara - She is okay these days, I don't really understand why she was not given than three repeating words in Lupin. Slightly off putting that she looks expressionless when singing sometimes. Huge improvement. At least she is honest about herself, I love that.

In the chorus, if you left out SY, Jiyoung, or Hara... you really wouldn't notice much of a difference, if at all. It's not a bad thing necessarily. Nicole and Gyuri are excellent at singing the harder harmonizing parts.

Dancing:

1. Nicole - I think she has the best flow. Her dancing moves is limited most likely because she didn't go to dancing school. I don't think she understands dancing but she has good rhythm and flow. Every step flows. And she throws all her energy into every step. She does what she feels like and it works. Nicole nails whatever is thrown at her. She consistently upstages other kpop artist in collaborations. So it can't be that she often breaks synchrony in Kara dances with something unique that makes her stand out. Never a bad day for dancing for Nicole. Plus she apparently has an excellent memory and never misses a step.

2. Hara - Her technique is good but it always feels she lacks that extra umph.... passion whatever you want to call it. I think she can do so much more but I haven't seen it.

2. Sungyeon - She is underrated as a dancer because she overshadowed by Nicole and Kara dances are never show off talent. Always can hold her own, no matter.

4. Gyuri - Not much to comment than she is good.

5. Jiyoung - The baby has grown up a lot, but lags a but behind the other members.

No doubt that Nicole is number 1 is dancing with Hara following her in second.

As for singing, I do think Ham is more consistent like what the previous posts are saying. Of course Gyul would be second and Nicole being third.

As for Hara and Jing, I have yet to pay attention to their singing. Lol I don't really mind anything other than "Yay! They're performing!". I should do more research on their performances. But these other rankings are informative. I'm learning more about them ^^

Heh, we're basically "reviewing" them like products or somethin huh? Oh boy, but here it goes.

Singing:

Seungyeon

Gyuri

Nicole

Jiyoung

Hara

Why: To me Seungyeon is the most stable and consistent singer. She seems to always hit the right notes in almost every performance I saw. She can hit the highs pretty well. Second would be Gyuri since she can hit the highest note, but I did notice that she doesn't hit the notes all the time, kinda hit or miss, but still good. Nicole is inbetween Seungyeon and Gyuri. She really improved and I love her huskiness she adds. Jiyoung is great at hitting high notes while sounding cutesy at the same time, which with more training she'll get up there. Hara imho is sadly on the bottom. She really does sing lower notes well, as her voice fits it, though it's missing a tad bit of emotion. Like Jiyoung, with training, her hidden ability can surface.

Dancing:

Nicole

Hara

Seungyeon

Jiyoung

Gyuri

Why: Nicole by far is the best at dancing, like born to dance. She flows really well with the music, as if she was the music, and her moves are awesome. Hara would come next, and it's great since it kinda makes up for her singing. Like Nicole, she commits her soul to every intricate dance move in the choreography. Seungyeon can get the dance moves really well, like a "technical" dancer, and she commits but doesn't flow as well as Nicole or Hara imho, still great dancer. Jiyoung dances well, but im not feeling too much energy/vibe from her. Gyuri imho dances a bit "stiff" for me, and like the Kara members say, she makes the most mistakes and funny thing is she makes it seem like the others made the mistake LOL, a true goddess :).

Edited by KokoroBeach

• 2 weeks later...

Singing:

Seungyeon - Cute image and powerful voice - ^^

Gyuri - Strong voice and godlike image - too bad I like cuteness more. =[

Nicole - Sings high and low notes perfectly.

Jiyoung - Youngest member yet a good voice

Hara - I don't seem to hear her much in live shows. =[

Dancing:

Nicole - No comment, just #1

Seungyeon - Cuteness dancing, isn't it a dream

Hara - She's cute and good at dancing.

Gyuri & Jiyoung - Tied fourth, equally as good at dancing IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

wow..reading some of the posts... -_-

il go straight to the point..

as singer(s):

1. SY = if u listen to any of their tracks she has most number of lyrics sang

2. Gyuri = high notes are her forte (i think its coz of her high voice pitch which is natural)

3. Jiyoung & Nicole = cute

4. Hara = as i watch and listen to their vids..her lines gets shorter and shorter..but it aint

that bad..i still like her!

as dancer(s):

1. Nicole = based on the number of battles she joined (lol)

2. Hara = oozing with sexyness

3. Gyuri, Jiyoung and SY = done =p

singing

1) seungyeon: she has the strong and cute voice I think the vocal show when she sing ing

2) gyuri: she has the strong powerhouse vocal

3) nicole: she definetly improved from KARA4 days, she can sing high and low parts. Like when she road she sing low, but she can sing high like lonely and ing. But I feel like DSP is not letting nicole showcase her vocal, it like nicole is using just her cute voice not her real voice

4) jiyoung:she has improved, she has many parts in the songs like in lonely

5) Hara: I don't heard her much when they are perform, but when I heard her in lonely on the radio, I think it still not up to par

Dancing:

1) hand down nicole: nicole is from american, she has the hip hop funky american style. The ways her body move when she does wave are like liquid, it just flow. Plus she has this hip hop style, like she like to "pop" it. Also she has this firely attitude when she dances like hip hop(Like when she did chitty chitty bang bang) . But when she has to do likea sexy number(princess battle 2007). Any dances nicole just radiant with confident. If it hip hop to sexy, or anything she confident with it and it just make it more better. Plus remember when she dance chitty chitty bang bang she just had a strong attitude, when she was dances, it was like her forte. Plus the ways she duck when hyuna hands was about to hit her, she duck so low, that it was effortless like she was suppose to go down tat much.

2)Hara: She is a great dancer, she great techanial, but she just doesn't have the matching attitude that nicole has. That probably why I pick her for number two dancer, plus she doesn't get much chances to show it. Every dance battle, they sent out nicole. Hara she has move, she went to same school as seungki from bb. So of course she has move, I just think that maybe she just confidently to doing one type of dance. (While nicole does hip hop, sexy, popping)

3) seungyeon: Our seungyeon has moves to. Just think she lack confident when she dance. When she has to dances sexy, I feel like she not confident that she can do it. But all the other dances are fine.

4) Gyuri

5) jiyoung

• 3 months later...

1. KANG JIYOUNG

-she can sing live...she's the only one that can sing cutely..

-in terms of character...she is so adorable.. naturally cute..and alwys make me smile...

2.PARK GYURI

-she is so caring towards her younger member...defnitly a great leader..

-she can sing live

-can be a gagwoman...

-she is so confident...which is a good example for the fans..

3. JUNG NICOLE

-she is very energentic on stage...

-wish she is one of my friend

4. HAN SEUNG YEON

-she defntly gave a vocal variety in KARA...

5. GOO HARA

-i think right after i know that she have done a plastic surgy...i didnt loss my respect for her..sometime i pity her for that...she got no confident during those day...

For dancing I definitely agree that the top two are 1) Nicole 2) Hara.

As for singing, I think they need to let Hara have a chance to sing since she's the "worst". I don't think she'll get better unless she gets some training and more solos. Otherwise, she's always gonna be a compliment singer =\

For Singing:

1. Gyuri (flawless voice) :eyelove:

2. Seungyeon

3. Nicole

4. Jiyoung

5. Hara ( she's my favorite member ) (i don't like the fact that she always have short lines in their songs)

:)^_^:(-_-

For Dancing:

1. Nicole (especially in butt dance)

2. Hara :eyelove:

3. Seungyeon

4. Jiyoung

5. Gyuri

1. KANG JIYOUNG

-she can sing live...she's the only one that can sing cutely..

-in terms of character...she is so adorable.. naturally cute..and alwys make me smile...

2.PARK GYURI

-she is so caring towards her younger member...defnitly a great leader..

-she can sing live

-can be a gagwoman...

-she is so confident...which is a good example for the fans..

3. JUNG NICOLE

-she is very energentic on stage...

-wish she is one of my friend

4. HAN SEUNG YEON

-she defntly gave a vocal variety in KARA...

5. GOO HARA

-i think right after i know that she have done a plastic surgy...i didnt loss my respect for her..sometime i pity her for that...she got no confident during those day...

please read the first post carefully... we're supposed to discuss their singing and dancing abilities, and nothing to do with their personalities :sweatdrop:

anyways, i think i'll keep my post as short&sweet as possible. additional comments will be found in the spoiler boxes and will only be added when i feel like it:

Singing

1. Gyul

i know around 98% of you guys picked SY for the best singer, but in all honesty i love gyul's voice the best. i know she can get rather shaky during live perfs, but still, i totally love it when she unleashes that powerful voice of her's. and when i watch kara's performances, i always watch out for any Gyul ad-libs cuz she simply sounds amazing i those <3

2. Seungyeon

she easily has the most consistent voice in the group, and has AWESOME control over her voice, but i feel her voice isnt that... powerful, i guess?? (not very sure how to put this in words lol) nonetheless, she's still a great singer, so she's at #2 for me :)

3. Nicole

nicole has a really LOUD voice but she lacks control. sometimes she does just fine, but sometimes she just sings very loudly but at the same time goes slightly off-pitch. which isnt so nice, frankly. but at times she just sounds amazing, especially during the live perf of I Am (ing). totally outdid herself there. so cole's #3 for me when it comes to singing.

4. Jiyoung

this baby can actually sing quite well lol. she's improving loads nowadays and im really glad dsp finally gives her more lines. but her voice doesnt sound very mature yet, so i sorta took marks off for that :P all in all she's still great, though.

5. Hara

this doll's improving too, but i feel she needs more vocal training. dsp doesnt seem to give her any high notes lol. but when she sings low she does sound very lovely indeed. keep rolling, girl :D

Dancing

1. Nicole

2. Hara

3. Seungyeon

actually, hammie dances extremely well. i was watching she and jing dancing to 4minute's Hot Issue and Hyuna's Change on bouquet, and it was sdlfjpelwrj amazing. and i cant wait to see her pop lol. will be patiently waiting for this day to come :P

4. Gyul & Jing

as for these 2, i dunno how to differentiate their dancing abilities so i ranked them together lol.

NOTE: i didnt comment for HaNi's dancing abilities cuz i seriously feel i dont have much to say... as in seriously :mellow: