Individual's rank in the group?

KARAA<33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singing

1 hammie - kinda hard to determined whos better between her and gyuri, so i would separate them by half.

1 1/2 gyuri

3 nicole

4 jing and hara

Dancing

1 Cole -> obviously

2 hara

3 ham

4 jing and gyuri

• 4 weeks later...

Best Vocals:

1. Seungyeon is the most consistent with singing live. I also think she has a more versatile voice and a better range than the other members.

2. Gyuri comes as a close second. Her voice is the most powerful out of all the members.

3. Nicole, her voice is a nice balance between Seungyeon and Gyuri. She also does really well harmonizing.

4. Jiyoung, she has a really sweet and soft voice. But I just think she needs to work on her confidence because her unnies outshine her most of the time.

5. Hara, I'm sorry but even though I'm a devoted Kamilia I must admit she doesn't have the best vocals. There are many other idols with her case, like Yoona(SNSD), Dara(2NE1), Sohee(WG), and UEE(After School. They're the mascots/faces and debatedly most popular of their groups, but their vocal talent isn't exactly impressive. However, think of it this way- usually main vocals aren't the most popular anyway, it's the sad truth.

Best Dance Skills:

1. Nicole is most definitely the best dancer out of Kara. I like how she has so much energy and charisma when she dancers. She also has a natural flow that is fun and sexy.

2. Seungyeon, she's not usually thought of as one of the better dances but she does have skills. During the Kara Special Stage Dance-off when Nicole and Hara did a sexy dance and she, Gyuri, and Jiyoung did hip-hop, Seungyeon had a lot of power to her dancing.

3. Hara is a technical good dancer, but I don't know if she's a natural like Nicole. I would love to see Hara freestyle to see what she's got. She does have charisma and energy when she dances though.

4. Jiyoung, she's good and has a fun energy but again, she needs more confidence and charisma because her unnies outshine her.

5. Gyuri, as much as I love her confidence and charisma, I find it awkward to watch her dance. She seems kind of stiff sometimes.

I'm not gonna lie, I think Kara is at best mediocre at singing live. I saw a couple of their MR Removed perfs, and they weren't pretty. I saw the girls during Dream Concert too and they lipsynched in either Lupin or We're With You. It's nothing personal, but it's one of the flaws of Kpop in general I think. The girls have solid voice, particularly Ham, Gyuri, and Nicole, and it's nice whenever you listen to them actually singing but it's clear that they are untrained to sing and dance at the same time.

Dance wise, I agree with the majority that Nicole is shakin it. Hara is a close second. I also think Jiyoung is holding her own, but she has a limitation because people will totally scrutinize her if she dances too sexy. Gyuri and Seungyeon is okay I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

SeungYeon is no.1 overall...

Great flexible(sounds cute and can hit high notes) singing skills

to pair with good dancing skills....

• 3 weeks later...

In singing

- Gyuri (i like her taking the high note, and i'm sure her voice is rarely in Kpop)

-Seungyeon+Jiyoung (they have the soft voice, i like them singing 'I'll write u a letter'. The trouble is, i don't know Ham' singing part and Jing's. It's difficult for me to notice it)

-Nicole (her husky voice, i love it)

-Hara (since she only had a little part in singing)

Dancing

-Nicole+Hara (They can pull out any kinds of dance)

-Seungyeon (She can dance whatever, but i like if she didn't put much sexy wave,hehe)

-Gyuri+Jiyoung(although i'm bias with GyulJing, i still feel their dance a little awkward)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Singing:

Seungyeon/Gyuri

Nicole

Jiyoung

Hara

+I think Seungyeon has the smoothest voice and Gyuri has the most powerful and most unique voice. however, i find seungyeon and nicole's singing being more consistent than gyuri's. For example, during the lupin promotions, gyuri's high/long note was often a bit off and flat... When seungyeon fractured her back and couldn't perform, nicole was the one who technically held up the entire song. You could barely hear the rest of the members...not really pointing at hara because she only had like four 'this is mine' in the song lol -.-

But i do have to applaud both gyuri and nicole... they truly improved alot since the break it days....O_o

Dancing:

Nicole

Hara

Seungyeon

Gyuri

Jiyoung

Edited by xstrawberriesx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gyulham are my number 1 in singing..

like others say, ham has the most consistent and stable voice, but she doesn't go beyond her normal range..

gyul's is shaky and flat at times, but her voice is like the mitochondria of KARA, it gives power.. energy.. to their songs *sorry for the lame metaphor*

next is jiyoung, baby has improved a lot, she always has a beautiful voice but these days her voice is heavenly, i could listen to her forever.

in dancing, i would have to choose ham. her dancing skills caught me by surprise.. didn't even know she was that good until i watched their u-go-girl rehearsal..didn't even noticed her members and lee hyori.. unconsciously, my full focus was drawn to her.

next is hara and cole, do i really have to explain this? :D

singing

have to be seungyeon and gyuri

although i am more into seungyeon's voice

like in jumping

amazing

jiyoung is also getting

she has a good voice and it is becoming better and better

dancing

hara and seungyeon

i love the spunk they have

and also nicole of course

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Singing:

1. Seungyeon - Ham is consistent and all but sometimes her voice comes out too soft. She can hit high notes but not in an instant. (i.e. her adlib at Mister). I like her style of singing the most. It has technique(?)

2. Nicole - Cole sometimes can't control her voice. Her voice comes too loud at times and her style of hitting the high notes kind of hurts my ears sometimes (Wanna). She usually does the parts where a high note needs to be reached instantly. (i.e. Jumping)

3. Gyuri - >_<

4. Jiyoung - I'm glad she has improved a lot.

5. Hara

Dancing:

1. Ham & Cole - They have different styles. It's just sad that Ham's dancing skills are not shown often coz she was given the vocals role. When they execute their dances (if you look really close) it is always Ham & Cole that does the dance properly. I'm quite sure coz I've watched their Lupin perf a lot of times and there are times when only Ham&Cole are doing the same move while the other three does it differently either it be a hand or foot movement. Plus even if Ham is not the lead dancer, when it comes to dancing stages, she pwns them. Cole dances in a sexy way while Ham "dances it". Period.

2. Hara / Jiyoung - I'm not quite sure anymore. It's coz when I watch their perfs I only see Ham & Cole coz they stand out(?) GuJing both lack the facial expression though. Jiyoung most of the time just smiles.

3. Gyuri

^ This is the reason why Cole & Ham are my two fav members. They are more of the overall type of performer. I actually think they can sing Kara songs with just the two of them.

Edited by KaiserKawaii