Individual's rank in the group?

KARAA<33

I know a lot of people have a lot of opinions on each member's talent, like I do.

Well, I'm the type of person who likes / loves to ranks members in a group. It's not

For a bad thing but I guess you can say I like to voice my opinions :) ? ?

There's two common important categories that everyone always focus the singers

On. Of course it's dancing and singing live. Well here's mine ranking -

Best @ Singing Live ; who's the most consistent, stable, strongest, and confident at lives?

01. Seung Yeon - She's pretty amazing at live. She's one of the few that can stay consistent and stable

During live performances. During "Pretty Girl" performances, she was always the one who carried on

The group with the vocals in the chorus.

02. Gyuri - I used to think she was the best at live, but nowadays her lives are lacking things. I can't

Really describe or say them but . . . She seems breathy and seems to lose control of her voice at a lot

Of times.

03. Nicole - I wouldn't say she's the best at live or the worst. I'd say she's average at live. Her voice to

Me sounds like it can crack and break at any time. But I love her husky sexy voice =) She's improved

Drastically since the old days! Lots of more confidence now.

04. Ji Young

05. Hara

+ As for Ji Young & Hara, I feel they need more work on their lives and vocals. They trained for so

Little so I can understand that. They just need their confidence level to boost up. If they can have

Confidence in themselves, I'm sure their hidden talents will come out.

Best @ Dancing ; who's got the funky, smooth, unique moves that no other can do?

01. Nicole - Her dancing reminds me of the American style of dancing. It's sexy and she always does

Whatever she wants. She was very cute&sexy when she participated in the dance battle @ MKMF '07.

02. Hara - I can't promise her NO.1 for dancing yet, because she hasn't had a chance to really show

What she's got. But since she attended a dance school with 2NE1's Min & BB's Seung Ri, I'm sure she's

Got a lot of funky moves inside of her.

03. Seung Yeon - Her dancing is cute and sexy. I remember her sexy dance at School Of Rock xD

When she dances her cute and bubbly side comes out. But when she's serious, her sexy side comes

Out, like in Hyori - U - Go - Girl.

04. Gyuri

05. Ji Young

+ I wouldn't say they're the worst but they seem kind of stiff? Jing once said dancing wasn't

Her thing so I can understand xD Their dancing is cute & unique.

# Rank ahead!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ What do you mean it does not follow the topic? This can't be removed / closed / deleted

Unless by a moderator, it's original topic starter, an admin, etc.

Singing:

hmm this is a bit difficult.. b/c it depends..

Consistency: i say SeungYeon all the way, her vocals are always there and solid and i describe it as the base vocal.. can always depend on her to hit her notes.. I think her lines are usually more soft as well compared to Gyuri and Nicole's lines.

Power: I'd say Gyuri is the most powerful as in the strongest voice vocally. When she hits her notes, it is like amazing but yes she's not always stable. She does get breathy and seems like she misses her marks sometimes. But her voice is always the strongest in the chorus, she is the main vocal in KARA. Plus her voice is really unique.

Go To Voice: Nicole :lol: .. i don't know how else to describe it.. she's like the middle person between Gyuri's powerful and high notes to Seunyeon's stable and sweet, soft voice.. To me her voice has improved tremendously lol.. and i think she proved how high and strong she can sing in the "I Am" lives and she's been consistent in the lives after that. However, i don't like that she cuts her notes sometimes I guess b/c she doesn't have enough breath to finish it.

so with GyulHamCole, i don't think anyone is that significant to like be the "best" i think they are in the same realm of each other.

Jiyoung & Hara: Jiyoung is pretty good with her high notes but it feels like she's screaming.. i think that maybe due to her voice sounding really young. She doesn't do so well in the lower parts like her last line in PG.. she misses this one part most of time XD.. so i'll be curious to see how her voice will grow like with Nicole. Hara, I think she lacks emotion in her voice. I like it when she sings in the lower notes.. not so much in the higher notes.. feels like she's screaming too. So i hope she works on that.

Dancing:

Nicole: I think she has this natural ability to dance. It's not a problem for her and she does pretty well lol. Her style is more free flowing and you can tell she feels like the rhythm and energy by the way she dances. She'd edgy and yes sexy so it shows when she dances. She has a lot more to offer in this department.. however DSP is not really allowing her or should i say KARA's image doesn't allow her to display her style XD

Hara: She dances really well technically and she has this kind of has this edge to her which i didn't expect. I liked her dance with WooYoung on Idol Show :) .. it represented her age and style if that makes sense lol. But i don't know if she can convey the feeling or mood as well as Nicole does.

SeungYeon: Is also a pretty good dancer technically.. and i feel bad for her b/c she doesn't get as much credit as Nicole or Hara. I think her cute image hurt that. In the KARA 4 days, she and Nicole were considered the best dancers and I remember she said she knows how to "pop" too.. and i think her dancing ability is over shadowed b/c of her image XD. But it'd be really nice to see her "go at it" lol.. she probably can too.. you don't know what she has hidden in there lol.

But i think it depends on which style of dancing you like.. i like Nicole's urban/street, American, sexy style lol.

Gyuri: She can dance, i don't know like if she can fully pull of the vibe or image through her dance. Her style is bit dorky XD..

Jiyoung: oh Jing lol. she doesn't follow through on her moves as much as she needs too.. She needs to be more into the dance cause it looks like she just goes through the motions without much feeling.. So i hope she works on that not to improve only herself but KARA too.

Singing - I say GyulHamCole is equal like Mae ^ It's just that all three lack in at least one category.

For ex. Gyuri is great at singing, but her live isn't that good. Ham isn't consider better than Gyul, but

Her lives beat all five girls. Nicole is just . . . . perfect? She's not bad at live & singing. But her and

Gyuri needs to be able to control their voice more. Ham is usually the one who is stable.

Hara and Ji Young isn't bad too. Hara just needs to work on her vocals more and Ji Young needs more

Lines in their songs and album. She sounded great in "I Am" and "Wait". If she is given more lines and

Isn't always underestimated, I'm sure fans will have more respect for her.

Dancing - Nicole, Seung Yeon and Hara rule at dancing! I know they don't really do hard core popping,

Break dancing, sexy waves and crunking, but the way they dance is unique. They're more like the

People who does whatever they like and usually it turns out to be cool and funky. As for Ji Young and

Gyuri, I have to agree with JUSTkara and Mae. Both of them seem dorky and stiff, which is cute! They

Should practice more on their dancing.

• 1 month later...

1- Gyuri- Hmm... I have to say her voice live is really really good, Even on stage, It shows she's KARA's leader she gives a powerful vibe, No matter what song they're performing :]

2- Hammie- She's always smiling so heartidly, Not just on stage XDD I watched a few performances of " Nanuen... I am ( ing )" And when her high pitch part came, I thought wow she can really sing live, Even high pitch notes, Perfectly.

3- Hara- Hmm.. I feel that when hara is on stage she's showing a different hara, It's a really good thing.. But .. i think i have to watch more carefully until i can say more .. >_<

4- Nicole- When she's performing she's giving it her best, Always showing us her best, Honestly, Whenever i watch nicole performing/Dancing .. I get the goosebumps.. She's so good on stage.. And her dancing .. Just wow.. She's just so energetic, Does everything with so much passion and seriousness ..<3

5- Jiyoung- I realized.. Most of the performances KARA makes.. Maknae seems to have the lowest voice .. I dont mean low by low.. I mean it as in .. It's softer.. Lower key than supposed to be ..

hmmm..tough one.not easy if i were to rank them

I wud rank Seungyeon and Gyuri at the top for singing.i really love the way they sing, just feel so nice to listen to.not to mention their adlibs as well, awesome, especially seungyeon's one in Mister xD

well, for dancing, Nicole?or even hara?IMO, i think that Nicole is very active?not in a bad way, but she can dance!! and for Hara, her dancing is jjang!

apart from singing and dancing(dun wanna leave jiyeong out), cutest member i wud rank Jiyeong!haha, she's just too cute xD

but to be frank, the 5 of them is equal to one, cos they are Kara =)

• 3 months later...

For singing live

1.SeungYeon - She's very consistent I gotta say~She rarely get out of breath & she never disappoints in every Mr performance too!She can control her voice very well~

For Dancing

1.Nicole - She just looks so sexy & comfortable when she dances~her emotions & all~She really enjoy herself when she dance~it's cool^^

• 2 months later...

for singing live, i would put seung yeon. but in like music videos and regular tracks i would put hara (not the strongest voice, but i like it a lot) hara just cant sing live. she is too soft, cant hear her.

dancing, i would go for nicole and hara as a tie. they are both really good.

athleticism (if thats a word) would go to hara. she has a very unpredictable strength in her.

being cute and innocent would go to jiyoung hands down. i think this is because she is still young but is really opening up recently. (i believe)

being confident would definitely go to gyuri. as i had seen. she has always had this self confidence in her that not a lot of people have. its a great attribute to have.

not an expert to give valuable comments here, but solely based on my humble views.

i find seungyeon has the best singing talent, followed by gyuri & nicole, while not depriving anything away from jira.

for live performance, i really appreciate ham & cole. their ability to execute lively & perfectly for each dance move is apparent.

but the most important thing is they each have their own distinct talent.

looking at recent videos, i noticed significant improvement.

this is what i like about kara. always improving to each her best.

for singing it would have to be seungyeon cause she always delivers, then nicole cause she has improved a lot and she hits all her notes in ther lupin performances, then gyuri she used to be number oone for me but lately DSP hasnt really been giving her a chance to shine with the songs and show how powerful her voice is.

Then i would have to say jiyong she has improved a lot and she has a really nice voice. and last would be hara... i think she still needs a lot of work her singing just isnt up there with the rest of the members.

Dancing Nicole hands down she is the best dancer from kara, she just does it so sexy and you can tell that when she is dancing she is actually feeling the music and is very confident with her body. Next would be hara she is a good dancer she has a lot of control and and energy when she dancing... she's at her best when she is dancing. Then next would be seungyeon then jiyong then gyuri

• 2 weeks later...

for voice:

1-seungyeon

2-gyul

3-jiyoung

4-nicole

5-hara

(agree with the other posters before me)

dance:

seungyeon (when i see her dancing it's like super awesome. why can't she represent KARA when they are

doing the girl group dance off special. she seemed more confident while dancing. she gives character to the dance)

hara (i just hope that they could give her a chance to show her true dancing skills.

of course nicole is known to be the 'main' dancer to lots of people but

this girl, i've been watching her since the beginning and she's got some talent that's

waiting to be released. i sometimes feel like she's holding back on her dancing.

if, seungri and minji are great dancers that attended the same school with her....im not surprised

if she showcases her killer moves someday! i'll be waiting for that day to come)

nicole (since she is always giving the chance to dance though every time i watch her dance...

i do some comparing and it's always the same.

i don't know what my teacher called it but it's nothing new anymore. i want to see Nicole dancing with more feeling to the music...sometimes her dancing just doesn't go with the flow of the music and it's way too sexy. there is diff. categories of being sexy. I know she loves dancing and has more confidence and yes yes i know that she didn't go to a school like sy or hara. When i watched that episode, 'nicole goes to school' show...and saw her dance...that man who told her about her dancing skills was just so right on everything. she needs to work more on that. I know she can do better.)

jing and gyul (need lots of practice on that area. with their awesome choreographers i know it's possible!~)

• 4 weeks later...

i will give an overall one , HAH .

1) Nicole ! i just love her rap , though her vocal aint very consistent , i love her voice ! its just catches on me .

her butt dance is superbly awesome . and her eye smiles and cuteness is just too nice .

2) Ham ! her vocals are really great ! , she's really consistent .

her eye smile kills and her smile kills too . she's just too cute .

3) Jing ! her aegyo is th best aegyo i've ever seen ( to me ) really love her aegyo and her youth . she's super cute !

she can reach high notes too , but her vocals aint very powerful sometimes .

4) hara ! just love her ant waist and her pretty doll face !

5) gyuri ! our goddess is just so pretty and her vocals is actually th most powerful in th group , just a little not consistent ?

it was hard making this rank , but they're all awesome in their own way !

tht's not th ranking of whose my favourite member .

just base on abilities and stuff yeah .

Edited by xBlade