What do you think KARA could improve on?

jihaebutt

I think vocals have always been their biggest problem. They have the potential to be better than how they've been singing, I know it! lolz You can hear it in their ballads. I think they've just been getting the wrong songs to promote that. I think they just need some songs that aren't super cute and high-pitched. They just need more practice~ No group is perfect in that area, I think.

I couldn't agree more.. Nicole and Gyuri's vocals are too strained singing those high pitch songs and therefore they still don't receive the amount of attention as they should. This goes to the hmm the idea that maybe KARA's songs don't suit exactly every member with their skills and style.

Nicole's rapping, I feel like DSP choose her to be a rapper b/c of her English ..that's it lol. If they wanted a harder rapper, they would choose Gyuri.

Tough question to answer......I really love them the way they are haha

but I my answer awhile back would have been their dance steps

or choreo but after "Mister"..........

Theres no complaining anymore LOL hahaha nah but everything seems fine now,

They've put Hara in the middle more especially in "Lupin" which is great cause I would

Love to hear her sing more =)

I'll be a little bit more detailed with the whole VOCALS issue. I've had some vocal training before.. so I'll use some fancy words here and there:

Gyuri - She has great strength in her voice as well as range. But she lacks a bit of technique in her voice. This doesn't mean simply vibrato or anything. But more importantly, its to do with her breathing control and grasp of stacatto and legato notes. In other words, how the notes sound could differ simply from the use of your chest/diapragm. Once she can master that, she will be awesome singer.

Seungyeon - Kinda the opposite. She has great range and great technique but lacks strength. Thus, its sometimes hard for her to sustain the longer notes.

Nicole - Probably best all round. I think many would agree. Ive noticed that she tends to strain sometimes with the higher notes. This will require some further training so she can match the intensity without hurting her vocal chords.

Hara - Honestly, I really like this girl's voice in a normal, vocal sense. She has a great tone and timbre. But sadly... she needs to imrpove the most with both strength and technique. She has definately improved since her debut. so time will give this one its merits.

Jiyoung - Well to be brief, her voice has improved everytime they promote a new song. Her sweet and feminine voice is the epitome of those in a girl idol group. Although it may be soft, with a song like Lupin, she really does show her potential. And plus.. she's still very young. She has years to improve dramatically.

well there ya go. hope that was detailed enough lol.

Just vocals, really. I know all of them have made great strides in improving their vocals but IMO it's not quite at the level of some of the other idol groups yet. Jiyoung and Hara both have potential but they seem to sing with restraint and uncertainty when they're on stage live...

their concept. i think they need to be very deep into each concept they're working on.

the cute concept from those pretty girl, wanna and such, are cute. yes. but not so unique or gives a kara feel to the song.

the one to mention is lupin. how i love the title of the song when i read it along with the promotional pic at first.

then, the song ruins it. seriously, black kara? sexy? the black gives a strong feel but the song just doesn't portray it at all.

the song turned out to be just as general as their other songs. so, they need to stick to one concept and go for it.

KARA fighting <3

their concept. i think they need to be very deep into each concept they're working on.

the cute concept from those pretty girl, wanna and such, are cute. yes. but not so unique or gives a kara feel to the song.

the one to mention is lupin. how i love the title of the song when i read it along with the promotional pic at first.

then, the song ruins it. seriously, black kara? sexy? the black gives a strong feel but the song just doesn't portray it at all.

the song turned out to be just as general as their other songs. so, they need to stick to one concept and go for it.

KARA fighting <3

I second this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

their vocals need to be a tad stronger, but that's what they're known for anyway, their cute girly image. they have improved a lot already though.

they're very good on radio shows but i think they need some improvement in variety tv shows. Jing and Seungyeon mostly, since they don't have mush experience.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Their dancing, especially jiyoung and gyuri.And i really hope i can see their ability in writing song lyric too. I think Nicole will show her ability writing the song for kara. I also think that they will be good at acting. But maybe their schedule is too tight for them to do that. :sweatdrop:

I think they should improve on their confidence on stage. I do think they have great confidence esp Gyuri & Nicole but I just wish they could put more confidence into their voice esp Hara. Although I agree Hara does not have the best voice in Kara I'm sure she will improve if she has more practice and sings with more confidence. I don't care if she can't sing like Beyonce, I just wants to hear them sing loud and clear at live performance. I always love their actual voice :thumbup1: , not the auto tune. Other than that, I just love Kara. :eyelove:

KARA fighting <3

Yes this is something that Kara could improve on but keep in mind that DSP is in charge. Lol I wish we can all rant to them and suggest them some things. A great concept is definitely needed for the upcoming Korean comeback.

I say that one thing that needs improvement is Hara's vocals. She IS improving, no doubt about that but I want to hear more from her and I want her to keep improving and improving :)

Of course, I want everyone to improve and do better :) But I'm still happy with where things stand.

i think hara should work on her voice really hard, gyuri with her variety show skills, jiyoung on her dancing skills, that's all they should work on imo~

nicole and seungyeon? they're doing just fine hehehe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm i think their stage performances are still not at their fullest capabilities but they still have a lot of time to learn how to improve so i dun think it will be a problem...

Dance choreography: This probably isn't something they can control but whoever their choreographer is needs to come up with either a more challenging dance or something simple but addictive. The butt dance from 'mister' is the only dance Kara is really known for.

Variety shows: Gyuri, Hara, and Nicole are great at this. Seungyeon and Jiyoung are still a bit too reserved and shy so hopefully they'll start to open up and become more comfortable.

Can't really think of anything other than that.

• 6 months later...

I think that one thing they could improve on is their ballad songs. They simply don't do enough. I love ballads, and this is the one thing about Kara that really is a fault. It's not necessarily the girls' fault though, they can only sing and release what DSP gives them. But I hope that one day, they will release an album with at least 1/3 ballad songs! They do them erally well (like I am... Ing), so I don't know why DSP doesn't expose this side of them as much. I guess they want them to be almost strictly a dance group?