What do you think KARA could improve on?

jihaebutt

im a newbie kara fan so i cant say much but wat i noticed in watching their videos i hope i can see more of them singing live or do some acapelas, i know that they are the entertainer type than the perfomer type of artist but i think it would be a good treat for fans if we can see them singing live,

(pls correct me if im wrong coz it looks like most of their singing in shows is not live)

Well in my opinion:

Hara: needs to improve her singing a lot, she has made some great strides but she still could use lots of work. I know she is really busy as of lately, but she should make time to really improve her singing. She should improve her range and really work on those lower notes because thats what she is best at; she should also improve her breathing technique and ability to project her voice. For dancing she is good, she can dance more complex moves and is really sharp and tight with her movements. Puts lots of power into her moves....has gotten much better with facial expressions, but could still improve.

Jiyoung: has gotten much better with her vocals, the only thing I would ask of her is to improve her consistency. She has a lovely voice but isn't always consistent; she should also work on voice projection. For dancing, jiyoung is doing better but she still looks a bit awkward to me at times, she needs to tighten up her movements. she can obviously learn the moves but she just repeats them on stage, she doesn't "dance"; I want her to not just follow the steps but to listen to the beat and dance with some power and personality, she does have great timing though, it's just that because she is so loose with her dancing sometimes it looks a bit sloppy and half-hearted. facial expression can improve still but she has gotten tons better.

Nicole: does great live; awesome voice projection, but sometimes she struggles, she loses control of her "loud" voice and sometimes she has breathing problems. she just has to gain even more control over her voice and then she is set, I think her range is limited because she focuses so much on projection but i think the range she uses suits her voice best. Her dancing is up there with Hara's except my critique is opposite; sometimes i feel like she puts too much expression in her moves and that come off awkward or like she is trying really hard....it happens very rarely, but when it does i cringe.

Seungyeon: definitely the all-rounder here. she is a strong singer, but she could have more confidence sometimes. Seungyeon is also good on varieties but sometimes I feel like she can be awkward or she says things that the fans over-react to. I personally have never been offended by anything she has said but i remember when she made that joke about suju, a lot of shindong fans where trying to bash her. Her dancing is with HaNi she has great facial expression also. she could work on voice projection.

gyuri: should work on consistency with jiyoung and also improve her range... especially for the lower notes. Her voice also lacks a bit in power so she should try to project more also. Gyuri should perfect her range and consistency, she has great breathing technique so she should focus some of her efforts into giving it more power. In dancing, I think Gyuri should tighten up her moves, she is very loose with them and sometimes it seems like she doesn't do moves all the way. She is also the most likely to be off-beat with her movements. She, like jiyoung also seems to just repeat the movements and not just dance. She doesn't put a lot of power into her moves so it also looks sloppy compared to the rest.

Kara gets lots of critics because of the things a lot of ppl here have mentioned. hopefully they can continue to improve on these things. Kara doesn't need to compete with the vocal ranges and dances of other groups, they need to perfect their vocal abilities and their dances so that they perform to the best of their abilities. I don't think they need complicated routines just yet because Gyuri and Jiyoung still aren't up to that level, and overall their voices can only handle songs but so complicated. I think if they perfect what they are doing now, they will be unstoppable. no use having a complicated routine that looks all sloppy when you can have a simple routine that looks complicated because the movements are so sharp.

First of all: their dancing

All their dance moves seem really basic or mediocre. I'd like to see something different, something that would give off a professional vibe. I know they have the ability to do more than what they're showing.

Secondly, "the feel"

When I see them perform, it often feels like they're just doing it to get it over with. It's not like they're not into the performance, and it makes the perf seem a little boring. I wish they would put more feelings into it

Third is their vocals

Especially Hara. Her voice isn't that strong, so she should work on it more.

• 1 year later...
Hmm, great topic.

I think in the dance, KARA is so great as ever. Obviously Hara and Nicole manage to stand out more by their preparation and their huge effort, but I think Gyuri could improve a little. Even though our Goddess, I feel that Gyuri could stand out more in the dance, but she does not make it so well. And she would show their competence being a great dancer. Not just a "good dancer".

I think beyond that, there is no so many things that KARA can improve. Everything is almost perfect (for me).

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

There's always a space for improvement~ So yea, jst the main ones:
Singing, Dancing, Variety Skills, and the new one, Acting.
KARA is talented in every way.
Fighting to them, we'll love them either ways!  :gemheart:

Edited by _Onyeonee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think they could improve on their acting,interviews and stage performances. Some anti's are pointing out some mistakes on them. Well, nobody's perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I am no music expert, but to me their singing has been much better in conjunction with visual entertainment while not impressive when just listening to an audio CD or file, or on the radio.  For music, the Taiwan group S.H.E is so much better.  So I find myself looking at KARA videos more than at any other group.  But I rarely listen to KARA in the car or on my earphones.  I don't know how much of this relates to their vocal ability or, instead, to what DSP gives them to perform.  So if I picked one area for improvement, it would be musical quality.

And yet, they are primarily performers, not vocal artists.  Over the past 10-15 years, Jolin Tsai may be the number one performer in Asia.  I've always regarded her as a great dancer and performer first, and okay but not especially talented as a singer.  KARA is very popular.  For now, they don't need to change anything, but rather to transition from KARA 5 to KARA 4 while keeping the KARA qualities that most of us love.

• Like 2