What do you think KARA could improve on?

jihaebutt

What do you think KARA could improve with, as a whole? This is a discussion about what KARA could become better at, not what they suck at. There's a fine line between critiquing and bashing, and I'm sure we all know the difference (:

Anyways, I think they could improve on dancing. Not that they've ever shown us any excessive mistakes or anything like that, but I feel like they're staying in the "easy-to-learn, easy-to-perform" dance moves. Ones that are safe, you know? I want to see a really powerful dance from them-- they have Nicole and Hara, for goodness' sakes! I want to see a dance that makes people go, "wow, KARA can dance really well." So yeah, I hope they improve on their dancing.

And before, I used to wish that they were more natural on shows because they sometimes seemed awkward and... yeah. But I think they're a lot more calm and they have more presence in front of the camera (probably because they've been around it so much with the Idol Show and their CFs and stuff), but I feel like they can show more personality on talk shows and stuff. They're amazing on variety shows, but in interviews and talk shows I feel like they could have more presence that captures peoples attention even if they're not a fan.

So, what do you think? (:

oh about that..

their dance steps were really easy to learn xD

i remember when my visitor take a look on their pretty girl perf and he said "it seems like they're not good in dancing" and i was defensive xD

i told him "it's because of the song.. you can't have power dance there" lol

but i love their dance steps though it's much girly xD

but i do believe they can do power dances and sexy one? xD

like when they performed now of fin.K.L..

i think dsp should stop giving them cute songs so they can stop performing cute dance steps..xD

they deserve to have some mature songs? xD

haha, i do agree about their variety shows. i think...the thing with Kara is that they usually clam up whenever they're on a show with other guests/groups. They will be unnaturally quiet and yes, awkward. lol

They're more comfortable being themselves on their own shows like Idol Show, Self Cams + Metafriends. But other than that, they usually kinda just stick to their spot. lol. I wish the girls would talk and show their personalities more.

hmm, stage presence too? lol. they need to work on that and show that they perform cause they want to and not because they have to.

From a not fan POV they would think KARA is boring but as a fan we know they are respectful and just.. a little bit more conservative? I do think they should be more open when on variety show when with other celeb. Like we can see that now Nicole got more popular because she is now more open and be herself when she's on SGB. I think the rest should start to be like that too. Esp Hara and maybe Jing and Ham?

And the girls CAN dance but they just never seemed to have the chance? they can dance but all they are given is cutesy dances. Like the dance battle, we were expecting sexy and hard core dances but they coose joolae. I mean I LOVE the perf but as a fan I would like other nonfan to see tat KARA is not just a cute group.

lol so many words in one post ><

I think they need to give more energetic performances, they've improved on their stage presence but there's still room for improvements.

When they are on variety shows, they seriously need to talk more and have fun with the other guests, I watched the cut of Gyuri and her mom, really her mom speaks more than she did. Not only her but the rest of the girls as well except for Seungyeon, which I guess is one of the reason she's invited in more shows than the other girls.

I just want to see them perform songs which shows their vocal range and more complex dance choreography.

Maybe on their variety shows. Not on ones like Idol Show or shows like that, but talk shows or something. Because non fans of Kara wouldn't know how cute they really are in real life if they are just shy on variety shows.

Maybe they should open up a little more and be less shy ^^ It's okay to talk a bit more, girls!!

I agree.. they get so shy and timid when they are being interviewed on those shows.. but that really happened only once or twice..but i think we like that about them b/c they get like intimidated too like we all do.. but yes the girls need to perk up and have Gyuri's confidence lol. Gyuri and SeungYeon are pretty good at talking about stories.. Nicole's okay, doesn't really matter what she says..she cracks people up anyway.. Hara is getting there Jing's behind, i don't blame her, she hasn't been on many shows. They just need to be confident, they went through a lot to get there so take advantage of those situations and have fun.

I've been wanting them to have a stronger dance performance since their original debut :lol:.. the cutesy song would of course have a cutesy dance. I think they slow the original choreography down b/c they need to sing and they always have lines in their songs that are hard to sing live . But they need to leave people thinking "oh i didn't know they can do that" kind of feeling :).. i'm sure it's not that they can't dance, their dances don't show much talent or technique.

Some of the girls NEED to work on their facial expressions and bring more energy on stage, look more genuine like they enjoy what they do. Even if they don't get a solo shot they need to look like they are, if that makes sense. If they are onstage, they need to have Stage Face on until they get off stage.. it's only 3 mins. It makes a huge difference.

Ji Young and Hara need to more practice on their vocal.

Seung Yeon and Nicole are the most cheerful on stage, I wish the others would open up more.

More Powerful dances moves DSP!

No offence to the girls, but show more expression when being interview, I feel when

Seung Yeon speaks the other members seem so emotionless in the background. Also the members should speak more except seung yeon (not in a bad way)

You guys already stated most of things I was going to say ^^ But, I have to say that they should

Act more mature on shows? lol, I understand that they're still kids trying to live their lives, but

Sometimes they go over the border. I loved Idol Show with them but, sometimes I was kind of

Embarrassed or disappointed in the way they acted. They're "idols", they tend to forget about their

Image and do and say whatever they like. Due to this, fans & non-fans start to dislike them 'cause

Of their behavior. Gyuri honestly stated on SGB that fans encourage them to live up to their idol

Image. And like you guys say, they become stiff and awkward when on shows with others. I don't

Blame them because I'd probably do the same thing too =) They should loosen up, practice speaking

In front of cameras, audience, and other big stars more. As for Hara & Ji Young, Gyuri needs to

Boost up both of their confidence level :lol: , Hara's not bad too but she gets nervous

Easily. Same goes for Jing, she needs to go on more shows to feel the experience. Other than these

Things I think the ladies are fine. I hope when they come back they'll be more professional,

Confident, and comfortable on stage and on T.V Shows. Kara F I G H T I N G !

they should def. be more relax.

we know they are fun people but

once the news and interview start coming up

they just turn timid/shy. it's like what happened

when you were on this show or etc?

NICOLE & SY seem more open now.

i love their personality but i wish that the

others would show up more on shows so that

they can OPEN up more to the fans.

sometimes it seems to me that

they are stiff when they are being interviewed.

the girls need to loosen up more :]

As, we been reading the articles,

it seems like KARA is being more

comfortable. let's just wait for the comeback

to see if they have improved along with interviews&etc.

I want them to improve on dancing. I know that Hara, Nicole and seing Yeon are really good dancers, that's why I don't really understand why their dance moves are so simple and easy. Even if Gyuri and Ji Young are not as good as the 3 others, I know they can adjust to a more complexe choregraphy.

I also think they need to put more energy in their performance and work on their facial expression a little more because sometimes they don't seem to be into the song.

Hara and Ji Young really need to improve on their vocal (but I'm happy to see Hara imrpovement since her debut) and also to sing more lines in their songs.

On shows, the fact that they are quiet don't bother me that much but, when they begin to be too much cute, It bore me because It doesn't look really natural. Even if korean like cute, too much can be annoying.

woah..all posted soo long..well,i just pray and hope that one day, just one day

they will have a strong choreography like their break it debut.

Girl groups are having the cute cute concept which i kinda got bored

Kara are cute, but they are not too overly cute haha

well..all the members are different but..

hara needs to improve on her vocals

jiyoung needs to work on her expressions and dancing [her vocals got much better! i'm proud of her! :)] && she needs to be on more shows! :D

gyuri needs to work on her dancing

i think nicole should work on korean rapping?

or just rapping in general..her rapping is really..high? lol idk

seungyeon..idk..i think she's great! :D

but as for KARA. i think more powerful dance moves.

no more heels. it effects the dancing lol

Hmm I think dancing is a big thing for the group because since their comeback as the new Kara they haven't had much intense choreography... there were only two chances, Fin.k.l's Now and Lee Hyori's U-Go-Girl - both times they delivered nicely. As you guys have also pointed out, their presence during interviews is a big one. I guess it's considered respectful to not butt in too often but still they should try to be equally part of the interview. I watched the subbed Sunny Side interview, and gyuri did not talk for the second half at all whereas you have Sunghee who constantly lets her opinion be known. And then now we have Seungyeon and Gyuri being more vocal and the other 3 just wait until they are called on. They just need to be less camera shy and learn to not just leave their unnis to do the talking.

Personally I think Gyuri lost a bit of her energy for dancing (possibly due to the fact that the songs and dances are much cuter). After watching her dance as Kara4 and comparing it to now I think it's a noticeable difference. She needs to get back into it, be like Seung Yeon because she seems to practice her dancing a lot. Also, her voice is amazing, most songs give her a chance to showcase that a bit but there is also some inconsistency with her... i think mostly due to nerves. So she should work on being less nervous! Her voice has gotten better though, i remember her past interviews she would often doubt herself and say she goes off tune and what not.

Seung yeon is a pretty solid performer, but I think she sort of stays in her comfort zone for singing - which is why her voice is so consistent though. Like for performances during promotions, I get the vibe she holds back a little to keep her tone in check. Her Strong Enough performance was great though <3 Dsp should give her harder parts to sing! Her dancing and singing got a lot better so she should keep going with that.

Nicole! Well the obvious, jsut needs to work on her Korean and her timidness when it comes to interviews, she tends to let the others talk more probably because she's so self concious about her korean skills. But we all know she has so much to offer!, and just keep doing what she's doing, working on her dance and vocals becuase they seem to get better and better.

Hara, she's a competitive one, I like how she stands out in variety shows. Her vocals have been improving but she should get more confidence for performances. Also I think she should work on the way she talks, she gets so timid and kind of trails off faintly - which is cute - but if she ever wanted to MC or act it needs to be more clear. Other than that, just like the rest of the girls keep on improving :lol:

Jiyoung... her vocals are originally stronger than Hara's but I think her confidence is still not up to par. She has a great voice and needs to realize that! Yet I feel she holds back, possibly in fear of cracking on stage xD, and goes the safe route. Her presence in variety shows is alright, she comes off as the strong maknae, but interviews she's almost non existent until called upon. So just have to work on that and improve her confidence which would lead to her improving her dancing too !

Oh wow, it seems that everyone wrote long these long essays >_>

Well, for one, as a group, the girls really need to improve on their stage presence and give their all when performing. I'm not saying that they aren't already, but it doesn't really show through much and sometimes they look really uninterested in what they're doing when they're on stage - maybe it's the the lack of facial expressions and energy while dancing? Hara and Jiyoung needs to improve on their expressions, and Jiyoung on dancing.. and Hara on vocal confidence. Sometimes I feel Gyuri needs to put more energy into her dancing as well... her movements tend to be smaller and more conservative - the same goes for Jing. As a whole, they need to improve on their synchronization in executing the choreography. :wub: It doesn't matter how well each member dances; if the moves are not synchronized, the choreography as a whole will look.. sloppy. >->;;

And yeah, like most people mentioned above, the girls need to open up more on shows and so on, just so people can learn more about them as people and not as merely idols. They need to be themselves~

I hope that for their comeback, they're gonna have some awesome dance like Break It. I'm so done and over with cutesy dance or something easy.

As for the group, I hope they're able to break the ice easier. It seems like it takes them a long time to be able to open up and stuff. Granted, they're not giving as much opportunities to appear on variety shows.

Well, the main duty of 'singers' are supposed to be singing, so I wish they would improve their vocal and put a rest to the controversy and questions put on their vocal abilities - . -...

I think that's the first improvement they should achieve before anything else lol...

• 4 weeks later...

I think they already had a better improvement...

I hope they dun do overdose like SNSD n 2NE1...ahaks...

Stay cuteness n hotness in balance...oyeah...

Kara's is something different!

^ I'm actually not a big fan of slow songs...the ones that idol groups are coming up with are mediocre at best (like Onew and Jessica's duet).

I think everyone's been spot on about all the improvements needed. Personally, I think Jiyoung needs to lessen the "cute act" because she's already naturally cute, so when she purposefully tries to act cuter, she tends to use elementary school vocab that makes her sound a little dumb. Hara also needs to improve her vocals much more since Jiyoung's vocals have gotten so much stonger. Hara's answers in interviews and tv shows bug me because they're the safe, boring and not as intuitive responses that leave the mc without much to comment on and puts her out of the spotlight, but in the idol show and mnet kara self-camera show, she's really good at grabbing attention and being loud and prankster-ish (which is good!). I'd like to see a strong solo song from Seungyeun soon! Gyuri's been awesome on varieties and singing but like everyone else has said, I want her dancing to be up to par with Seungyeun's! Nicole's also another that's been blossoming...just hopefully, her growing variety presence will improve her Korean and help her gain confidence in rapping (so much so that she can adlib and make stuff up at will if asked to showcase it on tv shows).

On dancing, I think the best way kara can improve is by taking a lesson or two from snsd's ways. snsd is really good at showcasing their dancing because they practice so much on alot of different types of choreography and take what they practiced in the studio to the stage on tv shows (most recently, Chocolate show..even I was impressed! facials and dance movements were good!). even if kara members don't showcase it, they should practice dances for fun. that's the best way to improve! anways, that was long, but kara hwaiting!!