What do you think KARA could improve on?

jihaebutt

I think they could all improve on their breathing capacity. Their voices are as gorgeous as ever when they just stand there and sing, but when they have to dance (especially in their first album with the stronger choreography), they run out of breath and can't hit certain notes all the time. But singing and dancing is definitely tricky! DBSK amazes me when they dance and still manage to sing and have the song sound exactly like it does in their CD.

Other than that, when JiYoung and Hara were first introduced, I was bit upset that they chose members based off of looks rather than talent. Don't get me wrong, I love them both and I wouldn't change Kara now, but yeah... I think we all know they aren't the best singers. Jiyoung's voice is sometimes too timid and weak, she needs to sing louder and with more control. And Hara usually sounds like she's holding back and is struggling to stay in tune and keep the same note. I just hope they practice hard.

But at the same time, I've never been one to care much about singing skills. Some people just have voices that fit certain song styles, without even being a good singer, and it works magically. And as long as you enjoy the music, who cares if they aren't wonderful singers? I think Hara and Jiyoung fit Kara's songs so well, that they don't need to sing wonderfully. When I heard SNSD sing Rock U, I didn't think it was good just because the way the sung it didn't fit it, even if they were singing well.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I think it's great that Kara needs improvement in the first place, it gives them room to grow and work hard to reach the top. Much more meaningful than just debuting at the top.

• 3 months later...

1. improve on their vocals - all five of them, especially hara

2. improve on the songs

- i mean as to say, get BETTER composers for kara, so that they would have GREAT songs and would become very popular

3. improve on their "energy" on variety shows

that's all. i think kara's members dont have much to work on, except for vocals, i think the dancing is absolutely satisfactory - just look at how popular the butt dance is and i generally like kara's choreography. if it's simple, who cares? so long as it looks good on stage i have nothing to say about it.

but i think the "choice of songs" isnt too good, though. they need better songs but they're not in charge of that, it's the composers and partly DSP.

1. improve on their vocals - all five of them, especially hara

2. improve on the songs

- i mean as to say, get BETTER composers for kara, so that they would have GREAT songs and would become very popular

3. improve on their "energy" on variety shows

that's all. i think kara's members dont have much to work on, except for vocals, i think the dancing is absolutely satisfactory - just look at how popular the butt dance is and i generally like kara's choreography. if it's simple, who cares? so long as it looks good on stage i have nothing to say about it.

but i think the "choice of songs" isnt too good, though. they need better songs but they're not in charge of that, it's the composers and partly DSP.

Check the date this thread was made. ^

It was before Wanna and Mister was even known to anyone. :D

So I guess KARA proved everyone wrong that they CAN dance when it came to Mister.

Having arguably the hardest dance highlight (the butt dance obviously) among all the girl groups now.

But Hara still needs to improve on her vocals though, alot of the time she sings too soft.

Its not bad, just there is room for improvement on that.

The girls have improved a lot...

but Yeah, I also feel like Hara is holding back when she is singing...

I hope gets more confident on stage with her vocals.

She sings better with other non-Kara songs and it's like come on

Hara we want to hear your lovely voice and proof to the others that you CAN sing!

Comparing Hara from Before and Now. her singing is a 5/10...i want to hear her sing

for their next single at least a 8/10 or 9/10.

lol. looking back at my last post i feel like it's been accomplished somewhat (:

SY and especially Nicole been more open now!

& etc. haha.

As I was catching up with some of their older material, I could definitely see an improvement on practically everything mentioned before.

They're a lot more involved in variety shows, and their singing and choreography has stood out more. One thing I really liked about what they've done in the last year is the concept range that they've put out. "Honey" and "Pretty Girl" being the cute and girly side. "Wanna" and "Mister" for catchy pop, and even doing 2PM's "Again and Again" showed that they could perform that angsty side of things.

That being said, it seems as though if they're given good material, they'll do better. If they're given not so good material, they won't do as well. So hopefully, more opportunities and great new songs for KARA.

A lot of things could be improved on...Kara are already very good right now, but you can always get better. ^_^

They need like a 'hit song' I think, Mister was pretty good, but DSP didn't release an MV (which I think they should have) which would have been better.

Otherwise....

Better choreography.

Better singing.

Weeeeell, there were some performances I watched that were sort of disappointing. I think one was from a Survival Star show, where they performed "Diva" in front of an audience. Their singing was a bit poor and I hate to say it but it got boring after a while. If I felt that way as a Kara fan, imagine how others felt? Needless to say, they got some harsh criticism from the judges, because it wasn't special at all (they sang and danced to someone else's song).

Another one was their Trot performance during the Chusok Idol show. I mean, these are young kids (16-22 year olds) and they are performing songs that they may not have connected with and presented in a fun, lively manner for the audience to enjoy.

Sooo in a nutshell, I know they are always doing their best but I feel that they can put in a bit more effort to make their performances truly shine and unique. That said, some of their best performances would have to be when they performed the GOD "Gil" cover and the Madonna & Hip Hop remix performance in the Chusok Idol show. Something young and fresh, which defines and emphasizes the true side of Kara.

I think they need to improve their stage presence. I wish the members did not hold anything back. I really hope DSP would give them more than one MV this time and really get them good songs and choreography!!!

I think their singing has improved but still they can sing louder...maybe doing a ballad will show a mature side of Kara? I think Hara needs to improve on her vocal ability...I know she can dance well but she has yet to prove her vocal ability but her presence on variety shows is amazing.

I wish all the girls would be more confident on variety shows and show their true selves more and show off their hidden talents!

• 2 months later...

Most of them have better than mediocre vocals and some having great ones.

That being said they have good vocals considering they are dancing at the same time which is a strength.

I don't think they are lacking in dance as seen with Nicole's dance off with the others at an Inkigayo a while ago I believe...

But talking of Nicole, I feel her rapping is not really powerful, energetic and not nearly as charasmatic as it should be. If you look at (not bashing btw) CL's rapping and Nicole's, they are quite different in strength. Nicole CAN rap but could definitely work on adding power into her rapping ><'

NO BASHING BTW OMG I LOVE HER SO DW LOL

^^ IMHO Nicole's rap is quite good, from the start i think she got her own style of rapping, and in my own word i think it categorized as "soft rap(?)", if she try to rap like CL i don't think it would suit her voice or KaRa's style. Those kind of "fierce rap" is more suitable for people with voice like Miryo BEG or CL. Like in Lupin, i think her intro rap actually perfect in building the energy/atmosphere before get into the song...btw i'm not being defensive (probably a little LOL..) just share my opinion (:

For me...Gyuri, Seungyeon and Jiyoung should improve on dancing..

Hara should improve on vocal and Nicole need to control her microphone position a bit, just watched a few lupin comeback videos, sometimes Nicole's voice suddenly louder..

Anyway, i think Nicole and Hara voice cant mix well, the first past of " its mine " for lupin is a bit weird, if im not mistaken that part is Nicole's and Hara's right? The second part of " its mine " is Seungyeon and Hara isnt it? The second part is always better because i think SY voice and Hara's mix well...

Anyway, i like the black outfit for Inki today :P