[2009.07.20] KARA in Japan. Pretty Girls go on their Vacation!

coffeebeanie

KARA is like candy - however sad or lonely their fans may be, they are able to cheer them up with their cute charms. There is no other girl group as energetic and as bubbly as these 5 girls. But that doesn't mean that they haven't had their share of hard times. After almost 2 years into their debut, they shot to fame with hits like <Rock U>, <Pretty Girl> and <Honey> which completed their home-run. Recently, they have been endearingly called the "Goddess Group".

After wrapping up promotions for <Honey>, these 5 pretty girls were able to go to Japan, where they got their well deserved rest. Although this trip was primarily for a commercial shoot, for KARA, it was a time to make memories with each other. It was summer time, and they had their comeback slated for end of July, so these girls had lots of energy to spare during this time. That's why we followed them in their first ever Japan trip.

#1 - Arrival in Japan: Figuring out the things to do.

kjb200907191912093.jpg

Even though they transform as goddesses on stage, while vacationing, they were just excited and nervous girls. Upon arriving in Japan, the girls changed into their comfortable clothes and started to plan their days. Park Gyuri, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung started to think about the things they'll do the following day.

Since this was such a nice moment, it was a perfect photo opportunity, and we asked the girls to take a picture, to which Jiyoung replied "We shouldn't really reveal our bare faces, but since this is a vacation, we'll make a special exception", and posed cutely for the camera.

kjb200907191912090.jpg

For us, the girls were prettier in an everyday setting rather than them all made-up on stage.

The following day, leader Park Gyuri checks the tourist map to double-check their list.

kjb200907191912092.jpg

#2 - Start! City Tour

For their first activity, the KARA members go on the city tour. The girls were dressed aptly for the weather and activity in shorts and cotton shirts. It looked like Hara and Jiyoung hadn't been this excited in a long time.

kjb200907191912094.jpg

With their light outfits and bubbling excitement, the girls walked around going into different places, running around and just having fun. Of course, they also do the standard peace-sign photos while on the tour. KARA's happy vacation is just beginning.

#3 - The Outstanding Beach!

kjb200907191912098.jpg

We cannot forget about this place when we talk about summer - the beach! Upon seeing the sea, the members are all smiling form ear to ear. Particularly happy was Han Seungyeon, who with her bag and slippers on each hand, ran into the waters, happily splashing around along with Gyuri.

kjb200907191912096.jpg

Maknae Jiyoung started to play in the waters.

kjb200907191912095.jpg

On the other hand, Hara played with the sand, making a castle, before joining the other members in the sea.

kjb200907191912097.jpg

With their slim figures and doll-like images, the girls looked more outstanding on the beach.

#4 - KARA's Little Adventure

kjb200907191912099.jpg

After playing for some time in the waters, the members seem to have discovered something else, as they go farther, looking around the corals in the area. These fearless females was almost in the middle of the sea, from what we could see. The were laughing around, calling out to us - "Come on over! Its not as deep as you think!" To which their managers replied frantically "You guys are scheduled to release an album soon. No one can get hurt! Be careful!". The KARA members, who deep inside knew their managers concerns laughed brightly.

#5 - Nicole's Arrival!

kjb2009071919120910.jpg

Because of the shooting schedule for KBS2's <Star Golden Bell>, Nicole arrived later than the other members, thus, she went straight to the shooting for the commercial, without being able to join the others for their trip. Nicole started to ask others "Did you guys have fun? Where did you go?". After seeing the pictures from the trip, Nicole expressed her disappointment and said "Next time, I'll come early too!"

#6 - Who's Cuter?

Hara discovers a car while walking around, and starts to approach it. Hara, who seems to be curious about everything asks "What's the name of this car? This is so cute. If I had a drivers license, I'd love to drive this." She looks at the car longingly, and starts to pretend driving the car going "Vroom~ Vroom~" which made us decide that she looked much cuter than the car.

source (article and pictures): HANKOOKI NEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

--

Check out the members cyworld entries for more pictures & captions:

Jiyoung

Nicole

Gyuri

Yaaaa~y, the girls had fun ! They deserve all of the rest. (: Except Nicole had to come late because of SGB. T__T

Love when they wear casual clothes like that. They pull it off really well. @__@ <3

^ oh woww, seriously, Jing and Hara look like sisters! (:
^ I think an appropriate caption for the pic can be "Gyul Omma <3" LOL. She looks so mommy-like here (:
To which their managers replied frantically "You guys are scheduled to release an album soon. No one can get hurt! Be careful!"
^ Ahaha their manager is so cute~
She looks at the car longingly, and starts to pretend driving the car going "Vroom~ Vroom~" which made us decide that she looked much cuter than the car.
^ DORK! <3

Aww the girls had a much-deserved break! (even though Nicole missed out T_T)

Hope this trip has recharged them for their upcoming comeback! 8D Woots 9 more days to go!

The were laughing around, calling out to us - "Come on over! Its not as deep as you think!" To which their managers replied frantically "You guys are scheduled to release an album soon. No one can get hurt! Be careful!".

haha, so funny. reminds me of their old self cam where they made a lot of noise when their manager walked in. :D

HAHA! Hara's such a cutie. I think Nicole was able to go sight seeing no? Judging from her cyworld pictures and stuffs. lol I thought they went to Japan for the beauty book? i cant wait to see what cf it is for. :D

thanks tin! :)

Park Gyuri, Goo Hara and Kang Jiyoung started to think about the things they'll do the following day.

Where's SY? Aww, the girls must've been pretty tired. These three are such ... explorers lmaoo. So sad Nicole was late though. T.T

It looked like Hara and Jiyoung hadn't been this excited in a long time.

I totally laughed at this one. I can imagine them being excited little girls and going to all sorts of places. The Japanese must have been like, "What ... ?" xD

Ahhh, glad they had fun! Thanks for sharing <3

Kara hwaiting~!

lol nicole hung out with them the next day i'm guessing, she posted a bunch of pictures with the girls on her cyworld lol.. aww love the photo essay though, kind of like a diary of what happened.. can't wait to see the photobook.. saw some of the looks and it looks awesome..

thanks tin :D

I was wondering why Nicole wasn't in any of their fun adventure pictures. Too bad she arrived

Late. She missed all the fun and adventure they went on. They all look so happy and cute. I

Love the picture of the City Tour with Jing and Hara. Jing looked very mature and Hara looked

Cute as usual. Thanks for sharing!

Too sad Nicole couldn't join the rest of the group earlier and have fun with everyone.

This trip in Japan was a good gift for the girls after working so hard and I'm happy to see them enjoying it and have lot of fun. It will be great memories for later.

I love what they're wearing. (: Their casual clothes look so cute on them! Fashionable Kara. They all look so happy and relaxed and awww poor Nicole was late ):

She looks at the car longingly, and starts to pretend driving the car going "Vroom~ Vroom~" which made us decide that she looked much cuter than the car.
Beyond adorable, omg. She's so dorky! Haha i love how much personality she has <3

Hara, Gyul, and Jing have such similar sunglasses haha (: