[2009.07.31] KARA comes back stronger

coffeebeanie

2009073118581510021.jpg

The representative pretty girl group KARA have made their comeback.

KARA (Park Gyuri, Han Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara, Kang Jiyoung) had their first comeback stage via KBS 2's Music Bank on July 31.

The girls marked the start of their promotional activities for <Wanna> from their second full length album <Revolution>. This is the first time the members are back on national TV after their <Honey> promotions. On their comeback stage, their showed a more mature side, a clear transformation from their original cute and bubbly image which raised the interest of many viewers.

KARA showed a strong dance and performance with <Wanna> while <Mister> showcased a cute yet tough appeal to the fans. Noticeable in this comeback stage was the hundreds of male fans that have gathered, making it look like a lions den - a clear proof of the strong fan base of KARA.

After finishing their recording for the program, the members talked about how they felt about their comeback. Leader Park Gyuri said "We are revealing a new side of us that we have never once shown, so we feel a bit nervous, but at the same time, we are excited about it." She added "This album will become an important turning point for KARA." "Even our fans will be surprised." she finished confidently.

Han Seungyeon commented "This is the strongest image that we have protrayed ever since our debut." "We have put a lot of thought into our songs and image. Each member contemplated about their own personal problems along the way" she added honestly. "But preparing for the new album, and getting back on stage, its really the happiest time for us ", she said, smiling brightly.

"But above anything else, we are very thankful to the fans. We have never had a comeback stage with this much support and love. We will do our best not to disappoint them.", she also added.

Maknae Jiyoung said "I went from middle school to high school, and even on stage, I am moving forward, I feel like I'm more mature as a singer. The song, the image, its stronger than before." She confesses, "I honestly had a hard time with the choreography and controlling my expressions on stage. But seeing that the reaction is good, we're really very happy."

With their song released on the 28th, the MV on the 29th, their online release of the album on the 30th, and their comeback stage today, the 31st, KARA has been received with a great amount of support and interest. They have been ranking in the online portal sites, their MV is one of the most viewed, and of course it goes without saying that their track is moving up fast in many online charts - showing that KARA is an addition to the list of girl groups making a powerful wave in the industry this summer.

source: NEWSEN LINK

thanks to anne@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow.. what a great article :P

and i totally agree i really do believe this album will be a revolution for kara (pardon the pun) ehehe

haha i loved this bit;

Noticeable in this comeback stage was the hundreds of male fans that have gathered, making it look like a lions den - a clear proof of the strong fan base of KARA.

their cheers were so loud... :P

thank you for the prompt translation tin and tip off anne

"This album will become an important turning point for KARA." "Even our fans will be surprised.

yes gyuri lol.. i love how they surprise us haha.. so they are really happy :P their comeback perfs were definitely the best comeback perf from them.. total transformation :P

thanks tin :D

yes this is a turning point.. they have shown us a different kara

they've definitely matured alot and im glad alot of fans were there to support the girls

it was obvious they practiced hard for this comeback.. everyone improved!

especially hara and jiyoung.. so proud!!

thanks for translating.

the fans were so loud <3333. half the time i was trying to figure out what the chant was. lol. couldn't figure much of it though..

lions den.. lol. the technical translation would be "a swarm of lions" which doesn't sound as nice.. :P

oh well, this was a good comeback for KARA. hope it continues till sunday!

^

the fan chants can be found in the lyrics section. joel helped us to get it. :P

the lion's den really made me smile. haha. not only male fans! female fans have been anticipating their comeback too. the girls did a good job <3 i'm looking forward to mucore and inkigayo.

"But above anything else, we are very thankful to the fans. We have never had a comeback stage with this much support and love. We will do our best not to disappoint them.", she also added.

Seungyeon never forgets to mention Kamilia. :P

thank you tin!

Omg, lmaooo. The fannnnsss~! Totally loving the chants. Go Kamilia! <3

The girls did awesome, and it's only the first perf, so they're definitely going to improve~!

Saw the two performances, I'm in love with what they wore in Mister ((:

I'm just so happy they're performing again. And wow, can anyone say HOT?

Nicole's got abs! Haha, and omg, Jing too <33 They all looked awesome.

I can't wait for the other perfs.

Kara hwaiting!

Thanks for the news <33

What a cute article...lol

Their comeback was really nice ^^

You could really see a big improvement with each and one of them ^^

And the fanchants were so loud...Wohooo

Go Go Kara ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Anne onni ^^

I have watched this

OMG,i almost crying,so happy that Kara have returned

Wanna is so cathcy,so cool,love this song most

Mister,Let it go are very nice too

Hope to see more come back stage from our girl

Dude, the fans during the comeback were so amazing. Put a tear in my eye <3

But I agree, I think this is gonna be a great promotional time, even with all the competition. Competition brings out the best in everyone ;D And the girls are rockin' it!

The fanchants from the fanboys were awesome! This is the loudest I've heard Kamilia cheer.

I'm so happy for Kara! I really liked their comeback stage and it took me by surprised. Their

Live has improved and their dance is much stronger and complicated. I hope they will acheive

Success and build a bigger stronger Kamilia! I can't wait for the rest of Kara's comeback stages!

They not only come back stronger, they come back, slimer, prettier, fitter, sexier and hotter.

Warning to all other Competitors, Beware of the Pretty Girls, Its Show Time!!!

their comeback was the highlight of the show!!

such loud fans, great performance, aweosme energy, everything went soooo well!!

the strongest the girls have been, it was so amazing watching them

Without a doubt, 2009 could very well be the year for Kara and kick them off for the start of something greater :D