[2009.08.06] KARA's Nicole, 2PM's Jaebum and Lee Sung Jin join Bonanza

coffeebeanie

jblu.jpg

The newest addition to MBC's Sunday Sunday Night's line of program "Bonanza" (Nodaji/노다지) will air its first official episode on August 23.

Bonanza is a variety show which incorporates historical and cultural aspects of the Korean nation as they will be on a treasure hunt type of setting where the participants will complete the tasks given by going to the landmark designated for that episode, discovering the different specialties, remains and stories hidden behind these places.

The program aired its pilot episode last July 26 with good reviews for its historical educational points. However, criticisms were also thrown at this variety program, telling MBC that this was not at all an intellectual culture program that goes well with the current times.

The writers behind the program acknowledged this by saying "Reviewing the pilot episodes, there were a lot of things we could have done differently for better results. But because this was only a pilot episode, time constraints regarding filming and editing played a factor in why the quality was not at its best. But because we are officially launching the show, we put in more time and effort so that the viewers will have a fun and educating time watching the episode."

Replacing Choi Min Young and Kim Tae Hyun who appeared in the pilot episode are Lee Sung Jin, 2PM's Jaebum and KARA's Nicole. The new members, together with the six who were originally part of the pilot episode - Kim Jae Dong, Jo Hye Ryun, Shin Jung Hwan, Kim Na Young and Hwangbo will now make the program a 9 member cast.

The first episode will be divided in two parts, airing this August 23.

source: NEWSEN LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT PROPERLY IF TAKING OUT. DO NOT ADD IN OR REMOVE

Thank you for the translations ! 8D

Nicole's Korean has really improved since debut, so I hope this'll help her even more ? n_n Except I don't want her to try and learn Korean so much that she forgets her English. TT___TT;; Excited to see how Jaebeom will fair with cultural aspects, though. XD

+ Hwangbo and Jaedong are in this ! Love them. C:

^^ she has Jay to talk in English with right? lol. i'm sure it'd come in handy when they both are clueless lol.. i'm excited but the cast seems huge XD.. so i hope she gets a good amount of airtime :tongue:.. thanks tin :)

^^Mae! I was thinking the same thing. lol I love both of them, and it's kind of cute when you see them so lost. lol

I'm really happy for Nicole! It's her time to shine~~

Edited by ~SonJun~

yes! more NICOLE :tongue:

i think Nicole should have her own show though.

maybe later on? maybe with the other members as well?

im hoping for more of the members to come out

on more programs. they need more love as well.

i'm sort of confused..so is it a radio program or like..variety show kind of thing?

i read somewhere else that it was radio but i'm not sure..

anyways..jay and nicole!! yes <33

i hope they become friends.. :D

and i love lee sung jin! he's hilarious!

thanks for the translations

i'm sort of confused..so is it a radio program or like..variety show kind of thing?

i read somewhere else that it was radio but i'm not sure..

anyways..jay and nicole!! yes <33

i hope they become friends.. :D

and i love lee sung jin! he's hilarious!

thanks for the translations

Do you know the show "We got married"? That show is a part of a bigger program on MBC, and this show is going to be part of it as well.

No idea whats the concept of the show is like but people say that its should be more variety like.

Hope they really take that direction cos with Jaebum & Nicole on the show, its gonna be hella funny :sexy:

Yah Nicole's going to experience more MC'ing. I'm happy for her and I love how she's going to be

Working side to side with Jaebum! I love Jae and I can't wait to see those two interact since both

Their Korean aren't so good. This show is going to be fun since both of them are on! Thanks for

Sharing and I can't wait to see the first episode.

Yay! More Nicole <3

I'm excited already ^^

I can see Lee Sung Jin, Kim Jae Dong, Kim Na Young... it's gonna be fun :sexy:

Jaeboem and Cole met before... I hope they'll get closer, since both of them can speak English and still working hard with their Korean lol (but Nicole's Korean improved a lot rite?)

Can't wait xD

Nicole is more popular

hehe

love her

hope she can do it well,and i belive that she can do it cuz Nic has much of enegertic :X

i want to see this so much,Nic and Jae:X