[2009.08.10] Kara "You'll be addicted to 'brainwashing song'"

sunneej

15s07zm.jpg

This time, it’s ‘brainwashing song’.

Girl group Kara has recently challenged the k-pop industry with ‘brainwashing song’ this summer.

‘Brainwashing song’ is a new concept with more repetitive rhythm than the ‘hook song’ which had a huge impact on k-pop towards the end of last year. Songs, such as <Nobody><How…><Crazy> and so on, were huge hits, with electronic beats as well as repetitive words on the lyric. The title track of Kara newly released album, <Wanna>, has repeats of not a word, but a sentence. ‘It’s you I love’ was repeated at least 30 times, showing what ‘ultimate addictiveness’ is.

The management said “It’s not a certain word repeating, but rather, it’s a sentence repeating which makes the song sound more monotonous. But as the song goes on, as opposed to the lyric, the melody will change. They try to come up with new dance routine for every performance in order to enhance the addictive lyrics.”

A song from Kara’s second album, <Mister> caught public’s attention with the ‘butt dance’ which showed the cute and sexy charm of Kara. Meanwhile, the title track <Wanna> became a hot issue as a ‘brainwashing song’, and is continuing the hits prior to it, such as <Rock U>, <Pretty Girl> and <Honey>.

Original Source: Hankook Ilbo

Translated by: cactus @ karaholic.com

Take out with full credits when redistributing! Do not add in or remove the credit line!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arg the way they make it sound like it's a good thing that "My love i love you" is repeated 30 times and that it's suppose to make the song more monotonous x_x

But it's a fun song~ (:

it's addictive and it gets better with every listen.

And their performances are energetic and sexy~

Lol brainwashing song?

Actually it's kind of annoying that they repeat the same sentence over 30 times =/

I hope this kind of thing doesn't become a new trend. I mean, I like Wanna, but it doesn't hurt to get more creative with the lyrics...

brain-washing. haha! but you know, during live performances and such, the song doesn't appear to be as repetitive as when we listen to the mp3 itself. haha. yep, like Jiji said, their performances are energetic. :D

im still hoping for some new outfits. :D not new color, but a whole new set out outfits.

thank youu james!

lol, brainwashing? What an interesting way to praise a song, haha. >D

The chorus really gets stuck in your head after only a few listens. The "it's you I love" and the "I wanna think about~" part too. (:

the insane repetitiveness, it really reflects the mentality of a girl stalking her crush, or a girlfriend's obsession with her boyfriend. @_@ yeah, something like that LOL.

They try to come up with new dance routine for every performance in order to enhance the addictive lyrics.
New dance routine for every performance? o_o

Haha, in all honesty.. a LARGE portion of the promoted kpop songs we hear today... (especially from the idol groups of course..) focus on the repetitive lyrics.

In my opinion.. who cares lol.. it's all about what we enjoy.. and for me.. KPop isn't only about the music. It's about the performances, it's about the actual artists and their personalities... so.. the whole package in this case... is awesome :D

Thanks for the translations and sharing it with us~

Sure the song is addictive. The proof? I'm addicted to Mister and Wanna right now and not forgetting the other hit songs! I have not been tired from hearing Wanna over and over again. Kara is going to rock the world! =D

no wonder i had been listening to Wanna every now and then and almost everyday...

i had been brainwashed ><