The Official Nicole Spazzing Thread

mae

I don't think it is part of KARA's "focus" to focus on really good dance or really good singing tbh. It's more like get catchy songs and rise to the top haha.. and it has work. Individual focused on talent is very limited in KARA activities. That's how it works with DSP.

Honestly, I don't know how to categorize Nicole.. like kara4life mentioned Nicole hasn't had many chances and she is known as a good dancer because of her performances with KARA, not more like she's great in general like the other well known female idols.

Nicole never really had much chance to show off her dance skill
but if we should categorized Nicole maybe she's more of a freestyle dancer?
It's more like get catchy songs and rise to the top

YEAH TOTALLY AGREE with you guys :)

hmm maybe with her debut in japan she will get her chance~

hahaha its been a long time since nicole appeared to show her dance skills

and yepp *sorry* but i think nicole is better than sulli in dancing

hyuna is really something so lets not talk about her, hahaha she is unbeatable

It's more like get catchy songs and rise to the top haha.. and it has work. Individual focused on talent is very limited in KARA activities. That's how it works with DSP.

yeah i guess thats true...added with the fact that so far Kara became one of DSP big money maker with SS501 future still unclear , i guess the company will focus on that path now....but i guess its for another topic of discussion :sulk: Still happy at least Nicole got recognized for her dance skill even with all that "limitation" :thumbup:

Edited by kara4life

Yes, I also agree with what you guys said, Cole has not really shown what she can do cos there's not much opportunities for her to show her skills not only dancing but also singing. I know she collaborated with other artists already but I think if given a chance to sing in her range, I mean in not so high voice, I think more people will recognize her singing. I love it when she sings in lower key, I got off topic there haha I think the reason also why I like her dancing is cos she's into it and seems to enjoy dancing so I like that, makes me enjoy watching her performances.

Kara has lots of potential but DSP is limiting this - not letting them explore and just take risks, I mean all of them are talented but with DSP, I don't know, so that's why I'm hoping since UMJ handles them in Japan, it would be great if they do something about it :o

again i dont understand this part

Kara has lots of potential but DSP is limiting this - not letting them explore and just take risks, I mean all of them are talented but with DSP, I don't know, so that's why I'm hoping since UMJ handles them in Japan, it would be great if they do something about it biggrin.gif

what does it mean?

can you give me the example?

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but see Seungyeon, Nicole and Hara are good in dancing but so far they're not able to show their skills that much, their songs are mostly catchy, sweet and cute with well I'm not a dancer but most of their dance moves are not that hard I think hehe sorry but if you watch Kara's Break It and Secret World choreo, it's definitely more complex and difficult and shows more of their skills. And when they performed on special stages, I don't think the choreo given to them really shows what they can do.

So that's one example, another would be their singing, Nicole's voice doesn't really match the cute, high concept which is why I love it when she sings in lower key and actually when you see/hear her sing in radio shows and others, the songs she usually choose to sing is not the high pitch songs, don't know what to call it but I think it shows what she's capable of if given the chance, about the other members Gyuri is really good at rapping, but DSP is not taking advantage of it, I mean she may not be able to use her rapping on their songs but a collab with other artists will be a good way to show that skill. I wouldn't discuss all the members since it's Cole's thread. Actually there are more, in general Kara is talented whether it's singing, dancing and even variety skills but DSP is like keeping the sweet, cute image too much that they are not letting the members do something different. I know Lupin deviates from the cute concept but when you listen to the whole album - it's still basically cute and sweet image. So it's like this Kara became popular with the cute concept and DSP is sticking to it so in a way it's limiting Kara.

I don't know if I explain it well, so maybe more people will explain it better XD hehe

^^ You explained it pretty well Christine! :)

Actually there are more, in general Kara is talented whether it's singing, dancing and even variety skills but DSP is like keeping the sweet, cute image too much that they are not letting the members do something different.

I agree to the max. KARA is one of the most well known groups in Korea but if you look at their activities, they haven't really done as much as they could have? With KARA it is more like group performances + tv shows. But they missed a portion of the promotions in which other companies happily showcase with their artists,that is their individual abilities with singing, dancing, even acting. I bring up Nicole specifically because like Christine said, when Nicole's singing KARA songs.. that's not necessarily her "best" voice but that's how it is for now.

nah. thank you both christine mae! :)

actually you explained it very well, dont worry

hahahahaha sorry i make you wrote an essay :)

more or less i get your point, about DSP. *now im more and more hate them*

again, a question, does DSP make nicole in charge of sexiness?

i mean, is it because she lived abroad?

or is it nicole herself that love the sexy concept

when i see Lupin sometimes i feel like,"Whoa NICOLE, backless?"

and that dream concert outfit, hahahah you know what i mean :)

Wow, I missed a lot x33

I think DSP just goes with the flow. I think they need a little more research. Like, they didn't actually step it up until Lupin. I think DSP needs learn from a mistake for them to learn x33 Like they have messed up w/ Kara but I think it's Kara's natural feeling and their personality that saved them. Ahhh, I can't think straight x3 My point is DSP is a little oblivious that Kara needs to prove they have talent.

_______

I realized that Kamilia is really different. Even though Nicole doesn't really have the best voice or Nicole doesn't have the best variety skills or Nicole is sometimes embaressing[not to me but some people think so] she is still very popular. And I'm glad that Kamilia finds Nicole a little more special than being just 4-d or dorky or having bad korean ^^

more or less i get your point, about DSP. *now im more and more hate them*

again, a question, does DSP make nicole in charge of sexiness?

i mean, is it because she lived abroad?

or is it nicole herself that love the sexy concept

when i see Lupin sometimes i feel like,"Whoa NICOLE, backless?"

and that dream concert outfit, hahahah you know what i mean :D

I don't think it was intentional.. Nicole just couldn't help but be sexy so they just gave her that role lol. Gyuri did say Nicole had an "American Style" so that helps I guess haha.

Whale has been doing pretty well on charts and has hit number 1 on a lot of the real time charts! I think a lot fans would love it if the performed.

yeeppp Whale has been doing pretty well

yesterday i saw Whale in #2 and now in #4

*hahaha too bad but its okay*

TOP NEW RELEASES

1 The 2nd Album `Lucifer`

2 Superstar

3 Digital Bounce

4 Whale

5 Forever

I think a lot fans would love it if the performed.

nah, agree with you mae :lol:

Edited by stevenstanley

is this cole's mom's restaurant????

aura the grill ;; :)

but, I'm wondering why a japanese show did this? oh it's either they were doing a quick show on the restaurant food and having someone as a special guest or they were just eating there and they were just interviewing the actor from IRIS. I think it's the second option x3

I just checked some charts - Dosirak and Bugs #1 is currently Whale and on MNET it's #3 haha I'm surprised cos well there are some major competition there hahah I'm happy, hehe hopefully due to this really good results, they really try to perform this song, cos I think it'll become a bigger hit if that happens :D I really love Cole's solo parts in Whale and I want to see her sing it live XD

omg firewater07 you explained that so perfectly -- I completely agree. I wish DSP would put them on a show like Chocolate or something for the sole purpose of showing off some of their talent. Singing, dancing, rapping... I mean they can do it, why not show the world? Wasn't there that japanese person on that one radio (lol so broad, sry) who was talking about how DSP wanted to go the 'image' route and not the 'artist' route? IA with nerdxissa -- DSP goes with the flow. The goal is to try to get popular through catchy songs and happy images, which isn't a problem except they seem to be excluding talent from the whole mix, which is a shame.

^woah, it's doing really well! haha I was just listening to it, too. XD It's such a cheery song. seriously I'd love to see them perform it at least once. T_T it would be so fun to see a song like that performed on stage.

Yay! Excited! Cole will be on Park MyungSoo's Radio show next Monday..hopefully it's Bora :thumbup1: Oh E-Tribe is also a guest as well.

Okay, I'm slow but when they released Whale, it was released under the name of "MyungColeTribe" lol. I think in an article we translated we called it MyungColeDrive haha XD

^ OMG thats great!!! MyungColeTribe rocks lol....if the DJ thinking right we could expect he/she could lured them to singing it live too :devil: thanks for the info mae..yeah...hopefully its bora

I'm so happy that reception for Whale has been great...and i think it does very well in various charts considering many artists also make their comeback this week...correct me if i'm wrong but i think so far this is the best Nicole featured song ever do in chart, am i right? Happy And did well but i think not as great as this one right chart-wise?

and about the DSP thing...that is a great explanation christine & nerdxissa, i agree with all of you guys....yeah Lupin as a whole album actually still sticking to their sweet image, but i remember there's talk in discussionbox dutring Lupin album release on how it probably one of DSP way to test the market with Kara slowly changing their image.....Lupin been doing very good for Kara & DSP, so if that theory is true we could expect the next full album probably DSP will have the nerve to be more experimental with the girls :thumbup1:

just random sponsor pics

:)

2ljrmmg.jpg

if you guys remember during Kara4 there's clip when Nicole asked why she likes hugging the wall, apparently old habits never die lol

2n84k02.jpg

cr:dcnc

Edited by kara4life

we could expect the next full album probably DSP will have the nerve to be more experimental with the girls

yeah i hope so, i hope there will be something different when kara has back from japan

lol why we discuss this in nicole's thread

Cole will be on Park MyungSoo's Radio show next Monday

idk about this hahahah thanks mae :)

yep i hope its bora

ah will nicole sing whale

Thanks mae hahaha I really hope it's bora and most likely they'll perform it live hahha I'm hoping XD

Nov, yup Whale has better reception than Happy And... in terms of chart ranking from what I remember hahaha I hope that their next album has less cute songs and more strong songs that will showcase their vocals, thanks for the pics too :(

• 2 weeks later...

Oh news article about what happened on Sebakwi on Saturday:

KARA Nicole makes a surprise voice appearance on ‘SaeBaKwi’.

On MBC ‘SaeBaKwi’ aired on 31st July, guest appearance Jo HyeRyeon had made a phone called to Nicole during a speed quiz segment.

Nicole was sleeping when she picked up the call, and her voice and speech had everyone present cracking up. The MCs then asked, “Did you pick up this call while sleeping?” and Nicole said, “A little.”

And it was revealed that Nicole has been on weight control. With that Park Miseon said, “It’s tough living right?” and Nicole, “It is tough living prettily.”

Nicole also talked about doing voice appearances on the show often, “Many people ask me if I’m doing fixed appearance on the show, but no one gave me anything.”

The production team then said that they will be giving her appearance fees and her response was a funny, “Really going to give me?”

Source: Newsen

Translated by Sookyeong @ Kbite

1st: Can't believe how nice Nicole was to let them call her for FREE all this time, I have a feeling she agreed because the lady and Lizzy are people she is close too.

2nd: The weight control thing. I really do not think she is naturally a heavy person but she is FOODIE..and she isn't going to stop herself from food XD So she's eating and exercising.. makes sense to me lol.

lol yeah..probably on the 1st time Nicole thinks "oh its fun", the2nd time " oh its fine" the 3rd time "...okay" the 4th time "wait..why you guys called me every week?" :lol:

..and about the weight control thing i guess its make sense coz if she want to eat more then it gotta be balance with exercising more...

Anyway if anyone haven't listen to her guest appearance on PMS radio show, here's the audio link

Part 1

Part 2

recording by sweetkara님 @ kara-t

hope somebody could make summary of this inteview :D coz from what i get i think it got some interesting points about how she got the duet offer and like at the second part PMS asked Nicole about that "bare face issues" and i think its the first time i heard Nicole make a response to it (..in a happy way i guess)

btw i'm still fascinated with her recent hairstyle on Playgirlz thing coz its such a new sight of Nicole for me, and its really fresh :P

ztgkko.jpg

Edited by kara4life

So Nicole's getting paid for the Sebawkaka thingy now? ^^ And Cole's on diet again? or at least weight control. lol at "It's tough living prettily." I think Cole thinks she knows the real world but, she doesn't really x3

I love Cole's hair in the playgirlz. I felt so refreshed seeing her like that. I really wish they would do this to Cole's hair more often. Since this was new to me I found it a little more awkward but Cole looks prettier showing her face like that(you could see her eye smile x3). Nana and Cole are so cute. "Yongjoo-ah~" I was surprised she called her that x3

Edited by nerdxissa