[2009.08.13] Nicole: 2NE1's CL? She's my new competition!

coffeebeanie

20090812001370.jpg

"Because of Star Golden Bell, the elders like me more now!"

Nowadays, Nicole is happy that she is at that age where she hears the words 'Unni' and 'Nuna' together with her name when she is called. Working out and exercising regularly for their comeback paid off, as she came back with a bit more mature image.

Since she is in charge of the rapping in KARA, we asked her who she thought her toughest competition was, now that a lot of female rappers are around. She answered "Of course its 2NE1's CL. The powerful moves and voice on stage really surprised me, it was moving."

What is the ranking in terms of popularity within KARA? We asked this to Nicole who answered "I haven't really thought deeply about that.. Hmm! I don't want to think about that with KARA. We're all the same, right? Hehe!"

We found endearing that Nicole didn't want to hurt the member's feelings by ranking them.

Nicole has always been fond of hip hop and R&B, but she says nowadays, she says she is very much interested in pop act Lady Gaga who has shown her own unique songs and style.

From their second album Revolution, Nicole says she recommends <Aha> and <Secretly, Secretly>. She says "In <Aha>, I like Jiyoung's part a lot - it feels like a little kid is throwing a cute tantrum. And in <Secretly, Secretly>, the line "You touched my lips" came out better in the recording than what I had expected, so I'm really happy about that.."

20090812001371.jpg

source: THE STAR CHOSUN LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic CREDIT PROPERLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT EDIT OR REMOVE THE CREDIT LINE

"Because of Star Golden Bell, the elders like me more now!"

haha she gained fans in that age range which is awesome :o

Since she is in charge of the rapping in KARA, we asked her who she thought her toughest competition was, now that a lot of female rappers are around. She answered "Of course its 2NE1's CL. The powerful moves and voice on stage really surprised me, it was moving."

What is the ranking in terms of popularity within KARA? We asked this to Nicole who answered "I haven't really thought deeply about that.. Hmm! I don't want to think about that with KARA. We're all the same, right? Hehe!"

Nicole sings too XD.. anyways.. i love Nicole's answer to the ranking thing..but i wonder how she would've answered this in the past.. the answer's sweet though :D

She says "In <Aha>, I like Jiyoung's part a lot - it feels like a little kid is throwing a cute tantrum.

lol. i thought the same thing.. Jing's voice is so cute especially when she says "I like you, like you" lol

thanks tin :)

Nicole is so funny and adorable. She should've chose Miryo from BEG because I loved it when they rapped

For their special stage (: CL is pretty good at rapping and Nicole hasn't received a rapping part that shows

How good her rhythem and sharp her words are. 2NE1 & Kara needs to do a debut stage! lol, Nicole and

Kara gained a lot of fans from SGB! Thanks for sharing and translating!

that is so thoughful of her not to rank each other within the group, as it may hurt one another feeling

that the bond that is unshakeable.

i love how CL and Nicole rap

CL's rapping is fierce and strong while Nicole rapping is sweet and cute

i hope both of them will be more sucessful than ever ^^

another thought.. didn't nicole's comment seem like she didn't know CL personally? lol. she would mention if she was friends with her right? lol. so i think it's clear that they don't know each other..

thanks for translating

nicole is so cute lol; such a dork on sgb hahaha

all the rappers should have this special rapping stage, that would be pretty cool

seriously...why would you ask a member to rank the other members >.>

Nicole did get popular in her SGB segment, it's a fun show and shows a lot of her dorkiness :) But since their comeback, she's gotten more popular. It's funny when they are being interviewed and asked to perform the butt dance, they always picked Nicole to do a demonstration.

It's sweet of her not to rank their popularity among the group, it's an awkward question, I like how she answers it :D

nicole is really really good at giving interview now, judging from the way she answered the questions and all.

if talking about rapping part, cl is a tough competition. but nicole is sooooo cute, thus, no worry about that nicole!!

thanks a lot for this translation! very interested

SGB definitely helped boost Nicole's popularity ^^

But its also nice to know that she isn't popular among young ones alone but with elders as well ^^

JiNi? lol Its cute how Nicole found Jing's line cute ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^