Who do you think will be the first to go off as Solo?

chupachups

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i think its GYURI...

she can be a solo singer..

coz she has a great + powerful + amazing + soothing voice..

plus she has great variety skills..

with her goddess image and princess syndrome... :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

gyuri can sing and dance. but more to sing..

seungyeon can sing dance and i also watch she rap. but more to sing and dance.

nicole can rap dance sing but i love her rap and dance.

hara can dance and sing but i prefer her dance

jiyoung can dance and sing. i prefer sing.

is they want follow their ss501 sunbae. they must find suitable genre for their capability

I think it's Gyuri. I think she would drop the dancing and just focus in singing, and probably acting too.

Nicole would do great, Seungyeon too... I can see them both as great performers, going for an r&b and pop style.

I don't see Hara being a singer after KARA, she would be a TV personality. And maybe Jiyoung can surprise us all! We never know.

In my view no-one will go off as solo "first" they will all probably attempt to get solo jobs at the same time, however obviously someone will get the first opportunity. I'm sure Hara or Seungyeon will get the first opportunities to go solo. Anyways no-one will go first, all will try and here is who I think will be most successful:

Seungyeon: Very popular and will have her/kara loyal fans to support her plus the ability to gain the interest of casual fans. Seungyeon will probably go into hosting/MC-ing. It's more intellectual and she has experience. Hosting a talk show segment like "good morning america" would work well for her. She has the singing/dancing ability for a successful music career but age may be a factor in her appeal to the younger generation if she can't keep up with the trendiness of the industry. People forget about how popular she is because of how popular Hara is but Seungyeon is very popular.

Jiyoung: She ranked in that poll for 94 liners that you want to/expect to see more of. Jiyoung is a budding talent and her position in Kara is 4th in popularity and she is getting more known by the day. She has tons of fan support and as she gets more mature, her personality will mature and she will be able to garner more fans. She is the wild card that can make it. People say they forget about JiYoung or that she adds nothing to the group. People used to say that about Yoon Eun Hye too. I think Jiyoung should try to act also. She has potential to be a respected all rounder. She only needs to work on her dancing.

Hara: Very popular. Hara has an "it" factor about her. She garners attention and works the stage really well. She can dance and she can sing songs in HER range. Low songs like Hyori's "10 mins" or FinKL's "NOW" are the type of song she would need since they use complex dancing and simple singing. Hara has been given the chance to act, if she can use the success of City Hunter to grab more roles and carve out a spot for herself in acting she could stick with that path and be very successful, even if she isn't good and only receives bad critics, being a CF queen is just as profitable and gives fame. Kim Tae Hee gets criticized all the time but she is still rich, popular and a CF queen.

I just don't see Gyuri and Nicole being successful with a solo career. I guess it is because in my view, they have yet to stand alone from Kara in terms of attention and popularity. Even when nicole had Heros she didn't really stand out and take advantage like Hara did with IY; she didn't command camera time like Hara did. Nicole seems to only get attention when its time for them to demonstrate a dance, other than that she is kinda pushed to the back. Gyuri appearing on lots of variety shows didn't have the same affect fan-wise as Seungyeon appearing on lots of weird shows (which is weird) and even with her signature "goddess" personality, people don't seem to be all that into Gyuri. They don't stand out enough on their own and will probably go into business ventures like Nicole's cookie business.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm sure that all the girls have beautiful voices but i personally think that Seungyeon should be the first one to go solo. She has this sweet voice and looks that can make her a great solo artist like Lee Hyori (not that i'm saying the other members are not capable or anything)

I also think it would be Seungyeon, although she's not that active in this year like she used to in 2009, that would make her more anticipated,

beside she has a lot of talent like mcing and acting..

their contract end next year but I hope it will resume because they're more beautiful when they're together

:85896326:

Edited by rhe-c

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I kept thinking it may be Nicole, since being bilingual (maybe more), is a great benefit to release maybe ENG singles for certain dramas, or it would give her a bit of a headstart if they intend on entering the western markets in the future. TBH though I dont wish they'll go solo, stay as a group forever!