Who do you think will be the first to go off as Solo?

chupachups

it's either between gyuri, seungyeon or nicole. to go solo, it's not about popularity, it's about if you're really talented and are up to it. a lot of girls do great in groups, but they don't have the ability to make it solo as it's like 10 times harder.

i don't think hara nor jiyoung would make it solo. this is my opinion, they both have very nice voices but as for singing ability, gyuri, seungyeon and nicole have much more talent. i love all the members of KARA, but i really don't think hara nor jiyoung would be able to go solo. i'm judging this because i've watched each member sing seperately and gyuri, seungyeon and nicole have the strong vocals. i'm not hating, but jiyoung's and hara's are considerably weaker compared to the three.

as for the old kara, it would of course be sunghee. that girl is amazing.

Edited by Karolyn

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seungyeon? I don't know why, but I think she's the best singer in the group. The others are talented, too, but it's something to do with her voice and powerful vocals. I guess her voice is just more suitable for the majority of music genres? Watching her most recent performance on 1000 Songs Challenges says a lot about her talent.

Edited by damyoungji

• 2 weeks later...
Seungyeon? I don't know why, but I think she's the best singer in the group. The others are talented, too, but it's something to do with her voice and powerful vocals. I guess her voice is just more suitable for the majority of music genres? Watching her most recent performance on 1000 Songs Challenges says a lot about her talent.

NICOLE had a " happy and" that is good to show she can solo. :thumbup:

At 1000 songs challenges, Why Gyuri show "wa" in front of us? that is she want -_-

Can U tell "Happy and" is under which CD? I can't find? :huh:

Can U tell "Happy and" is under which CD? I can't find? :)

it was single release.. not from any of KARA's albums.. the single is called "Happy...And"..

i agree with Karolyn to a point.. it's not all about popularity or attractiveness...although that certainly helps, name recognition is big... it's about determination and potential.. i think Nicole's likely just b/c people recognize her performance abilities not to mention her popularity and DSP's willingness to capitalize on her lol.. then Gyuri and SeungYeon should follow...

i'd say gyuri, seung yeon and nicole

cuz:

Gyuri- for her unique and high pitch voice (and her being a goddess)

Cole- for doing the over the top notes in some of the songs (i am is one of the examples)

Seung yeon- the mellow voice and yea her cuteness

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they will concentrate on group first and if the can keep this momentum till next year, then i will be glad to have all of them have solo activites like Big Bang. seung yeon and nicole debut as solo singer, gyuri debut as actress,

I think doing solo activities doesn't seem to be a good idea to me :X

Although the member gets to stay in Kara, their time slots and events will definitely clash with Kara's time slots..Really troublesome stuffs.. Besides that, i think that there will be less interactions between the members which affects their overall performance as a group.

Relating to the topic, i think seungyeon would be first to go off solo. I find that she has more solo activities than other Kara members..Moreover, she is a great singer and MC .

I find that she is a more loved as compared to other members in Kara too.

Next i think it will be Hara :P I think she has more hidden talents yet to be revealed yet. And she is also rather popular among fans too..

Hara and Seungyeon both portrays a 'cute' image which i think would further increase thier popularity in the future..Maybe Hara could try harder in her vocals too.. Blending with her great dancing, i would say its perfect (:

• 2 weeks later...

To go solo as a singer? Maybe Seungyeon or Gyuri, as they are the two main vocals. If its just going on a solo career, like branching out to other industries, maybe Nicole. Shes the one with the bubbly personality, and I think she would do great as an MC (if her korean improves :3)

• 2 weeks later...

I think if the members end up doing solo activites it will probably be from seungyeon, to nicole, gyuri, hara, and than jiyoung.

Seungyeon- She could probably do ballads or a light beat cute song. She could also MCing jobs and commercials.

Nicole- Is loved on variety shows and she also is a good dancer so she could possibly do a sexy song for her singing.

Gyuri- Has a good range in vocals so she could probably do any type of songs and she also has acting experience so she could play small roles in dramas or a comedy.

Hara- Could go into modeling again and she is a also a good dancer and if she improves vocally she could probably do a solo or a duet with another member in the group.

Jiyoung- She could probably do commercials and modeling since she has the cute looks and she is very tall.

I think Nicole and Seungyeon have the best chance overall because they seem to gain the the most attention in Kara and loved by many. Nicole and Seungyeon also has a wide variety of talents so they probably have the best chance of making it solo first.

I think Nicole..She had many talents and unique personality.. :lol: But GyuRi and SeungYeon also good..

I hope they don't go solo right now, they must concentrate as a group..I worried if one of them go solo, Kara will not close as usual again..

• 2 months later...