[2009.09.05] KARA - From economic Idols to the perfect Romance

coffeebeanie

727h.jpg

KARA came out victorious last Sunday, on SBS's Inkigayo. All the members were emotional and crying when they accepted their Mutizen Award.

In their tears, there is happiness and joy, but one can see that they contain more than that. It contains the hardships and trials they had to overcome to be in that position. With netizens calling them "The common people's Idol", the members had a lot to deal with in coming this far.

Debuting in 2007, at around the same time with JYP's Wonder Girls and SME's Girls Generation, DSP's KARA spent their first year quietly in their sorrows (?). With the uncertainty of disbanding and complications due to one member leaving the group, the future did not look so bright for them. In order for them not to be forgotten, member Han Seungyeon went on cable programs doing MC jobs, and accepted any kind of guesting to keep the name "KARA" moving, leaving any kind of mysteriousness behind. With their dorms being compared to other luxurious quarters enjoyed by other groups, they were named as the 'Economic Idol'.

However, they finally found a chance to prove themselves. 2008 was a fruitful year for KARA, with the song "Pretty Girl" helping the members (Park Gyuri, Hans Seungyeon, Jung Nicole, Goo Hara, Kang Jiyoung) become household names. The talents of the individual members was finally brought out of the hiding, showing a cute and cheerful image to the delight of many. They quickly followed this with "Honey", a sweet and melodious song that brought them their first number one hit.

With "Pretty Girl" and "Honey", all members were able to participate in the weekly music programs. But this did not end just there. They did not miss the chance for individual activities in the area of variety programs, where they could further show their faces to the familiarity of the viewers. With each program, the members became more comfortable and confident. With their participation in so much TV programs, it seems like they can no longer be called the 'Economic Idols' as their popularity continues to rise.

In the middle of all these TV shows, the member released their second full length album Revolution, joining Girls Generation, Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 and T-ara in the girl group war. With songs like "Mister" which showed off their cute and boyish charms, and the butt dance becoming a hot topic, they solidified their stand on the girl groups with their successful comeback.

With their win last August 30, KARA's "Wanna" beat the likes of BEG's "Abracadabra" and T-ara's "Lies". Their first win which came one month after their comeback proved to be an emotional one for the girls, as the tears did not stop to run from the moment they received the trophy until the program ended.

From 'Economic Idols', they are transitioning to the uncle-fan's romance, with a more confident and stylish charm. Now, the future looks bright for the group, as everyone is anticipating their next move in the industry.

source: TVDAILY LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT ADD REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

It has been a struggle, hasn't it? Since they made their comeback in 2008 with such a different image, alot of people see them more as rookies than veterans like SNSD, who is the most consistent of the girl groups who debuted in 2007. I'm so happy how the love is coming after such a period of hard work. :)

Wow.. They've been through alot.. They got this far, Like i said a few times in different topics.. They deserve this, The Mutizen win, More recognition,Attention, and love. They deserve it.. And i knew they could pull this off .. I'm just glad that they're finally rewarded for everything they've been through.. Let's keep supporting them and loving them <3 Kamilia forever, Guys? :3~ <3

I'm happy for Kara as well ^^

They have been true a lot in order to reach where they are now...XD

And its nice that more attention is given to them now than before ^^

And I was so proud and happy for them when they got their first win for their title track Wanna ^^

Such a nice article ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

When the members found out they would be in a group, i'm sure they just wanted to succeed but what has happened to them, no one could've predicted and it's made all of them just that more humble and appreciative of everything .. and i know some people were making fun of them b/c they don't have all these material things other idols have but they have determination and will power when it felt like everything was going against them.. i don't think any of them would trade the hardships and what they have learned.. they deserve every bit of recognition that have been receiving.. actually more lol.

i love these kinds of articles b/c we know then that other people see KARA as an individual group, not just so random idols..

thanks tin :D

I wonder what they meant by "sorrow"? They were about to disband?! Wow! I didn't know that! O.O Yeshh...sweet Seung Yeon always going on shows. Sometimes, I could see the tired-ness in her eyes when they performed. Dx But still, going on those shows was worth it.

Economic Idols! xD I think that's a compliment. It just shows how they're just ordinary people like us. :]

I'm really glad that they're climbing up the charts, but I guess that doesn't matter. x] What matters is that they perform for their fans. Their tears truly show how much they appreciate their fans and their tears also show how hard they've worked. Kara fighting!

Thanks for posting! :confused1:

I'm so proud of them for working so hard and continuing to work hard. They appreciate what they have 100% because of the troubles that they've gone through. And wow, I admire SY so much for taking on MC jobs just so that KARA's name wouldn't fade away. <3 What an awesome girl.

I prefer the word humble over economic. I got a little bit emotional when I read this text...i know...silly me. But, I admire so much these girls, being fan of them since the beginning. I always feel frusted when antis talk bad about these girls, because they don't know a thing. Han SeungYeon tried hard to people not forget this name, Kara. It was like in 2008, Kara was again a rookie.

They showed that they are normal people like us. And if we try hard step by step, we can achieve anything. Instant sucess and numerous awards don't mean a thing if you don't grown as a person. They teached to their fans the value of hard work.

'Kara Fighting'

i felt very emotional reading the article, i can see their hardworks and thank god, it finally pays off.

future definitely looks bring for the girls

i will always stay with them

KARA HWAITING !!!

oh dear... it make me cry to read this... can't believe they have such hard time before...

but yes... I agree that Kara is deserve more attention than before... they really is something.... they not rookie... they are veteran... just like SoShi, or WG, or BEG... but only have a bad day in the beginning...

hope they get more bright and love inthe future...

Kara fighting!!! :D