[2009.09.11] KARA - the newest stars in the CF world

coffeebeanie

d00556654a6f791908ce0.jpg

Group KARA has become the newest faces of 4 different industries as they have been selected as models and advertisers for food, clothing, shoes and chicken. Not only this, but they have several advertising contracts with electronic products and main stream food products. 2 - 3 commercials are already filmed, while the others are in the process of being filmed or edited. Because of this sudden rise in the number of commercials that the members have done, they are rapidly being considered as the blue chip in the commercial industry.

Within just one month from their comeback with their second full-length album - Revolution, KARA has already made 1 Billion Won worth from their advertisements. If their cosmetics contracts are to be included, together with their commercials lined up, their are to get around 2 Billion Won worth from their ad contracts.

KARA's management company DSP said "There are many love calls from different companies for KARA to endorse their products. Recently, we have signed with 4 different companies. Because of the many offers that we get, we are just trying to get those which match the image of KARA well."

KARA has been performing their song <Wanna> which has already reached number one. They have succeeded in getting 3 hits in a row, together with <Pretty Girl> and <Honey>. They had been pushed aside by Wonder Girls and Girls Generation during their debut, but KARA proved to be a success story, leaving the impression that they are the last among girl groups. With number 1 songs to their name, and the various products they endorse, they are now being considered as blue chips.

An insider says "The charms of KARA is different from other girl groups. They are not intimidating. Their advantage is that they feel very sincere and honest. People see how hard they work. People appreciate that they went through sufferings to achieve something significant. And their success with their albums and songs just adds to this advantage, which for advertisers, is a great perspective.

source: HANKOOKI NEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT CREDIT LINE

*faints*

*revives again*

omg. kara's sweeping the korean commercial industry HOOOZAH!! ((:

and that's a lot of income for DSP.

i suggest they put it to good use ....

*cough* LIKE UPGRADING KARA'S APARTMENT *cough*cough* (:

aha, kidding. but really. (:

awesome job, kara! (and dsp!)

so far the CFs they've taken all fit kara's image~

and do i see an electronic product cf there somewhere? <333

well i was confused about the money thing cause 2 billion won is over 1 million U.S. dollars lol.. i mean i can't believe it lol.. . OMG lol.. the girls deserve it :).. looking forward to what's to come and Nicole did say she wanted a Phone CF lol...

i can not agree more with the insider.. KARA's the only group that has that sincerity like they aren't trying to sell you stuff so they can get paid for it.. well my opinion anyways lol

thanks so much tin <3!

oh WOWOWOWOWOWOW 2 billion won?!?!?! That is awesome for our girls! They so totally deserve it - the recognition AND the money, of course.

Hmmm I wonder who that insider is. XD DSP official I suppose. Woots hopefully DSP will use the profit and put that into planning for MORE promotions! =D

Its nice to to know that many companies are considering Kara as their endorsers ^^

They deserve this offers...XD

They have always work so hard and this are their rewards for staying determined with their dreams and goals ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

Kara Fighting~~~

They get half and the company gets half right? That's 1.6 million US dollars divided by 2 = $800,000 divided by 5 = $160,000 each. I don't know how much they get taxed but that's a lot of money.

I'm glad they're getting recognition. They do have that friendly girls next door feel.

Edited by evil