Which song represents which member? (:

xichigo

Let's just say..

If you were to pick one of KARA's songs, any one, to represent each of the girls, which song would you pick for which member? I.e., which song show's which member's personality, which song suits which member, etcetc.

For me..

Nicole

AHA. AHA has that bubbly and hyper charm that can brighten up anyone's day, just like our Cole. <3

Gyuri

Break It or Let It Go. Both songs exhibit that strong-powerful-girl image that characterizes Gyuri really well. Gyuri has never simply been the cute and bubbly girl next door, and, IMO, at the core, she isn't really the self-admiring goddess that she portrays herself to be - she's simply a strong girl with a strong personality, tons of determination, and a great leadership skill.

Hara

Magic or I am (ing). Hara gives off that vibe of serenity and beauty, as well as grace, that is reflected in more ballad-like songs. Even when she acts dorky, she can't help but be graceful and sweet. Her sweetness isn't the loud type like Nicole (I don't really know how to phrase this lol), but is the type that shows through one subtle smile and gesture. Now that I come to think of it, Secretly Secretly is quite suitable too. <3

Jiyoung

Yodelee or Pretty Girl. Ahh maknae! She really exhibits the youthful charm that only young people have, so I picked some bright and upbeat songs for her.

Seungyeon

I'll be there. I actually have the most trouble with picking a song to represent Seungyeon. Even though she shows her choding side occasionally (well, maybe not JUST occasionally, lol), I know she's very mature and strong. She had been Kara's image starting from the time when they released the first album, and had been the one appearing on shows most often to promote the group, to keep the group aloft when the times are hard. Like Gyuri, Seungyeon is a very determined and strong individual, but her strength is displayed kind of.. more quietly? Anyways, I think I'll be there really suits SY. <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all know, Kara has gone through many different styles and concept changes and each girl has her own different style.

Among all of Kara's songs, which song do you think suits each member the most? You can also think of this as which song had a particular member stand out the most.

This is my list:

Gyuri - Honey

Seungyeon - If U Wanna

Hara - Pretty Girl

Nicole - Mister

Jiyoung - Wanna

I'll admit I became a fan of Kara with the new members already in, but I noticed that Sunghee really looked and sounded the best in Break it.

So, what do you think?

^ I totally agree with Hara/Pretty Girl and Nicole/Mister. ^^

Here's my list:

Gyuri: I Am(Ing..)

SeungYeon: Honey

Nicole: Mister

Hara: Pretty Girl

JiYoung: Rock U

I Am(ing...) is a really mature song and that's why I think it fits Gyuri. ^^ I think Honey fits SeungYeon, because she fits into the 'innocent angel' concept the best. I think JiYoung fits with Rock U 'cause...Rock U is just plain adorable! xD But of coursee, everybody has different opinions. ^^ I'm glad you brought this topic up! xD

Does this include songs they haven't performed? Hm...Here's my list.

Gyuri - Break It (This song gives her a very strong, mature feeling. She's not much of a person who fits the cute concept as well as the strong concept.)

Seungyeon - If U Wanna (Cute with a touch of the older concept and shows off her personality. This song just fits her very well in my opinion.)

Hara - Honey (Sweet song. It shows her graceful side and makes her looks gorgeous. We all know she's dorky, but she can never get rid of this side of her that is very sweet.)

Nicole - Mister (Shows off Nicole's sexy side, although it doesn't show her dorky side much, the powerful song fits her well. Her stage presence is the strongest during this song.)

Jiyoung - Yodel (I just think the entire Pretty Girl album fits her well, but especially this song. It's kind of like Rock U and Pretty Girl put together, showing off Jing's cute and bubbly side.)

Yeah you can include those they didn't promote. although I based mine on those they performed or made an MV of, since we have video to support the song. Since all of you gave reasons, I'll give mine too.

Gyuri - Honey

She's just so pretty in this. It fits her goddess concept the best. I fell in love with her in this MV. hehe Plus the baby baby yeah oooh~ part.

Seungyeon - If U Wanna

She looks so cute here. Really choding. hehe.

Hara - Pretty Girl

Hara will always be Kara's titular Pretty Girl. And she fits the song's message as well. She failed a lot of times, but her confidence and persistence got her through.

Nicole - Mister

THE BUTT DANCE. Need I say anyting else? hehe.

Jiyoung - Wanna

For me this is the song where Jiyoung grew up. She looked much more mature here. And I've noticed that her vocals improved quite a bit between "Honey" and "Wanna" promotions.

Edited by Adiumroot

Gyuri - Break It

the song has a mature feel to it, suits her image

Seungyeon - If U Wanna

if u wanna it so cute and carefree and its the song that gave her the choding image

Nicole - Mister

sexy butt dance ~~~

Hara - Pretty Girlor Honey

she is a pretty girl :), honey because her nickname is honey and she has that innocent image thats sweet like honey

Jiyoung - Rock U

such a cute song, just like jing

• 2 weeks later...

Gyu Ri - Honey (really fits The Goddess)

Seung Yeon - If U Wanna (just my feeling ><)

Nicole - Mister and Rock U (her butt dance in Mister!!! :sexy: and also the jumping in Rock U)

Ha Ra - Pretty Girl and Rock U (she's so cute and pretty in those songs, especially Rock U <3)

Ji Young - Wanna (I love her when dancing in Wanna, looks gorgeous and cute)

For me ..

Nicole : Aha : It's a very cute song like her

Hara : I am : The concepts just match ..

Ji Young : Pretty Girl : That little magnae has a energetic sound sometimes

Seung Yoon : Honey

Gyuri : Break it ~

Gyuri - Wanna

Wanna gives a sassy girly vibe . Which fits Gyul's personality (:

Seung Yeon - If U Wanna

Seung Yeon's cute personality definitely matches this song. Nonetheless the song's not that kiddie.

Hara - Honey

Hara + Honey = Graceful .

Nicole - Mister

Wow , ! lol, what can I say ?

Ji Young - Pretty Girl

Jing felt the most confident? during the promotions of this?

Its so hard to choose...

Nicole- I would say Mister fits her really well. She is very dorky and funny but on stage she is a lot of charisma and she can pull off the sexy look really well. She's a good dancer and I think Mister showed off her dancing very well plus I think she really enjoyed doing the butt dance. Or AHA b/c I think the bubbly melody fits her really well.

Gyuri- Let It Go or Break It! She's very strong and determined. I would say she is one of the most honest and strongest girl idol star right now. She also looks mix and can look cold as well. I think a song like Let It Go or Break It really fits Gyuri because I see her as a strong and very good leader.

Seungyeon- I think Honey fits Seungyeon really well. Honey gives off the very cute gf look which fits Seungyeon really well b/c she fits the young bride image well. The song's sweet melody fits Seungyeon's character b/c she can be cute but mature as well. I think Magic also fits Seungyeon b/c its a slow but has a very good melody that shows off the more mature side of Seungyeon.

Hara- I Am. She's gorgeous and she gives off the graceful and sweet look. Like Gyuri has mentioned before she looks like a very graceful doll so I feel like slow romantic ballad songs fit her very well. I think Hara can pull off a lot of ballad songs in the future.

Jiyoung- She fits Pretty Girl and Rock U very well. She is shy during interviews but I can see her cuteness and she gets excited really easy. She fits really well w/ upbeat and bubbly songs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...