[Gyutiful] Things Gyuri said...

chupachups

Gyuri said said this in the radio show guesting together with Tiger Jk. When asked what question they would like to receive, Gyuri said she wants the mc's to ask her to clarify about the confidence and goddess statements she often makes.

She said something like:" I say I'm pretty and that I'm a goddess, but thats not to put anyone else down. I'm not saying I'm prettier than anyone else. I just believe in myself and I have confidence in me."

Thanks to Coffeebeanie for the Translations!

On the recent episode of SGB when Kara all guested on it, Gyuri was asked to rank Kara amongst SNSD and 2ne1. And she said that Kara is No 1. What she truly meant by that:

A bit about Gyuri on SGB. When MC Hyeonmu asked to her about Kara's rank among the female group, she said that their rank is #1. Maybe it sounds arrogant or what, and imagine how netizens will react about this but wait till you hear the reason: because Gyuri prefer to get critics from netizens rather than sympathy. That's why rather than saying Kara is on the lower rank (which is not) and get all the sympathy, she prefer #1. Really, in my opinion, it's a smart answer.

by: decodelineate @ Soompi.com

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gyuri has always been blunt with her words. She says whatever she has to. And personally, I think SGB always ask her difficult questions on purpose. Previously, she was asked why none of the male guests voted for her. And of course, she was able to answer back wittily. And remember how she spoke up for Hara too? Awesome awesome Park Gyul.

And the things she said about being a Goddess. Many people mistook that as being conceited and full of herself when she's not that. It's just that...she loves herself a lot. :ahh:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree with her!!!i do that too sometime..saying myself is pretty to others not to be narcissistic, but in order to be more confident n be comfortable in ur on skin..sometimes loving urself more is nt a bad thing..who is going to praise u if not urself?lol..love urself first before expecting others to love u..thats my motto..

^^ that's kind of what gyuri said lol. she said she has others that love and so she has to love herself too.. it makes sense.. and people who don't understand then i understand.. i guess it's kind of a mature thinking XD.. i love what she says b/c she really has the confidence to say how she really feels.. no idol image here :ahh:..

Somehow, her tone of confidence never really came off as snobby or cocky to me. Must be because she usually seems to chuckle right after. But she is pretty refreshing in a world where you are expected to be too modest most of the time.

I remember the SGB part about why none of the guys picked her. When did Gyuri speak up for Hara?

I love this aspect of her. I know that some people can't or don't want to understand her but in fact, Gyuri is a very mature person. Moreover she always makes me laugh because of her hyper confidence and honestly I find her really gorgeous.

Edited by Solin

Ohh I like her <3

I like how she has pride in herself and KARA, and how she's proud of the other members.

And I like how she doesn't let other people bring her down. GO GYUL <3

People like her, people who know how to handle criticism well are made to be in the entertainment business (:

• 2 weeks later...

She's really confident and I never thought she was arrogant. She talks well about herself, but she doesn't put the others down. Gyuri is really mature and loves her a lot and Kara. She's a good leader and great person. If people doesn't understand Gyuri its their problem rsrsrsrsrs because Kamilian understands and loves Park Gyuri.

Edited by Nanda

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I feel a little bad for her, since she is the leader and has a lot of responsibility; I worry if she receives too much stress. But it also gives me relief to know that she gives everything her all. She is a strong leader and I admire her many qualities, even though I am older than her :lol: Plus her humor is just out-of-this-world good :D

• 4 weeks later...