[2009.09.23] Kara's Nicole: "I want to be like Lee Hyori Sunbae"

tinggg

Kara's Nicole: "I want to be like Lee Hyori Sunbae"

1252169271hhs0692s.jpg

Kara's Nicole, who has been promoting their 2nd album, chose Lee Hyori as the sunbae she wanted to be most like.

On the upcoming episode of "Star English" on channel EBS airing on the 24th, Nicole will talk about her student years in the US and how it led up to her becoming a singer.

Born in Glendale, California, Nicole arrived in Korea 3 years ago to become a singer. "While I was in school I was really into sports, choir and orhcestra. As I got older, I slowly began dancing a lot as well."

Then she submitted a personal video of her singing and dancing through the internet to the management company and thus debuted. "The best part about coming to Korea was meeting great companions. It was hard going to school and also being an entertainer, but people helped me overcome the difficulties."

When asked the question of entertainers she looked up to, she chose Lee Hyori without hesitation. "She becomes a pro on stage, but I like her offstage candid image. I also want to become a singer like that and be with fans for a long time."

In addition she chose Rain as the singer she wanted to perform with, and revealed an episode about when she saw a Rain performance before her debut.

In discussing her recent slim figure and good shape, "I did the Danish diet," she said. "I want to show fans a great image."

In discussing the "Girl Group Golden Age," she said that Kara's charm is that they give off a close, intimate feeling.

Link: http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...DirCode=0010301

Link by: Mae

Translated by: tinggg@karaholic.com

* Picture Credit: as tagged.

Nicole revealed where she's from AND that was born in America lol.. Glad see finally revealed more about her past.. she'd kept pretty quiet about it before now .. and it'd be cool to see Hyori and Nicole together :D..

btw.. anne googled the Danish diet and it's hardcore lol

thanks ting!!

Ohhh Nicole is finally going to talk about her background! Her life in the US has always been so mysterious :D

"Star English" --? Does it mean that the show is entirely in English? Or just about oversea stars? -confused-

Anyways, it's great to know the Cole looks up to Hyori, who is an EXCELLENT role model because she's so succesful in many areas of the showbiz and a great performer, no less! <3

PS: Cole looking GREAT in that picture! <3

I like her choices. She wants to be like Hyori, who's very well-rounded, and she wants to sing with Rain, who is just excellent. She wants to be like Hyori for good reasons. hyori is but just like the article says, she has such a good image both onstage and offstage, just like Nicole does. She is just too cute. Thanks for the translation.

Edited by p3rf3c7ch405

I'm glad this article reveals more about her past in America. I was very confused since some people said she was born in USA and others that she was born in Korea but moved to USA at a young age.

Lee Hyori is a good choice : she is a good and professional singer. I love Rain too !

Ah, Hyori is a great role model. I agree with Nicole. Hyori's sexy and awesome on stage but offstage she's

the dorkiest thing ever. Kind of like Nicole! Kara + Hyori together is seriously love ~

Wa~ah ^^ Rain .. His dance moves are so epic.. Nicole and rain would be sooo powerful as a dance duo on stage *-* I feel that Hyori has left a deep impression on KARA, not just on nicole.. When she performed with them and stuff ^^ They really look up to her ^^ KARA is getting alot of love and support these days.. I'm pretty sure they'll be performing with many different artists ^^