[Nicori] Nicole: The Singer

mae

I've seen a lot of people refer to Nicole as only a rapper. But I personally see her as more of a singer because she actually sings more than she raps. For the past couple albums, she has sung some really good high notes and has taken part in many of the chorus verses.. I think that does prove the confidence the PD's have in her ability. It also shows the dramatic improvement since the days of KARA 4. Even though Nicole says she is way more confident with dancing than singing.. she has proven her singing abilities are worthy of being noticed and mentioned.

I think Nicole's voice is unique and adds to KARA well because her voice is sweet but sounds husky at times. She has a pretty good vocal range and it shows in all the songs below..

Examples of what Nicole can do:

Wait:

(1:00 - 1:10, 2:17 - 2:24)

Ing (I Am):

(2:16 - 2:23, 3:03 - 3:06)

Let It Go:

(2:22- 2:35)

Nicole singing outside of KARA:

Happy... And:

Time and Tears Flow:

Secret

Rock Wit You:

* I'm not saying Nicole is better than anyone else in KARA or in general but she does actually play a significant part in KARA's vocals..her vocal talent should be acknowledged.. and she will keep getting better.. I have no doubts about that.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubt Nicole has talent, and though she may be modest about it, it's clear she definitely takes the time to practice singing to improve.

With DSP naming her as the rapper and dancer, it may have affected her mentality towards her own singing ability but ever since the comeback as kara5 shes proven with each subsequent album that she is indeed a bonefide singer :D

I agree with her range, she can go relatively low and rather high for her notes, she is very versatile too with her attitude, from refreshing and sweet in happy and... to more... i'm tempted to say soulful but she's not quite there either... but she really feels the music, not as well as the way she feels it when she dances though, but you can see it's getting there.... her passion is building :lol:

One of the reason she's my favorite is because I love her voice, though not so much when it gets too high but I like how she improves from album to album. I agree she's very versatile when it comes to the vocal range she can do, and lately I want her to sing in English, love the rendition of Rock Wit You.

• 1 month later...

I first noticed how awesome her voice is when she sing happy and.. on KARA fanmeeting.. Then as i backtrack to when they first debut, Nicole singing on their debut song (dont remember break it or secret world) it is not that good.. I think Nicole in KARA 4 didnt really have a good voice.. Compare Nicole to where she is now is WAY BETTER !!

If Nicole can improve a lot within a year.. I hope Hara can also improve a lot like Nicole did =)

please dont bash me, I'm not saying Hara has a bad voice!! xD

• 1 month later...

I'm actually quite impressed with her voice coz first of all it is recognizable the second u hear KaRa's song (just like Gyuri's voice). That show her voice got character, it may be not the opera type singer but its still higher to be called decent. Her part in Ing actually is quite a difficult part to sing for a 19 yrs girl, and i never get bored hearing she singing Time and Tears Flow. So i think with more training & the right song, Nicole will be recognize not just as a rapper & dancer but also as a singer.

Edited by kara4life

I'm actually quite impressed with her voice coz first of all it is recognizable the second u hear KaRa's song (just like Gyuri's voice). That show her voice got character, it may be not the opera type singer but its still higher to be called decent. Of course she still make blunders sometimes (for ex. during singing Pretty Girl in Hyun Young radioshow) but its not that fatal. Her part in Ing actually is quite a difficult part to sing and i never get bored hearing she singing Time and Tears Flow. So i think with more training & the right song, Nicole will be recognize not just as a rapper & dancer but also as a singer.

What I also noticed is people are harder on Nicole..She's improved quite much but has very little acknowledgment.

I think her part in Let It Go was impressive, I don't see any other member doing that high part. I think you are right, cute songs doesn't showcase her voice. She has been practicing and seems like she's focusing on her singing a lot more. She's singing in many clips recently which shows her confidence in her ability and I hope with the next album she gets to belt some stuff out so people can hear and not assume she's bad altogether, though i find it interesting that people can't hear her singing on their album lol. She also sings for the background vocals like SY does and her voice is loud and strong in the chorus too.

^ ^ i agree, personally i think her voice is suitable for kinda ballad-ish song. My opinion based on listening her singing Time and Tears Flow and GOD cover Path, also Happy And. She's did a good job performing those song live without lipsync.

Edited by kara4life

^ ^ don't take it wrong, i'm not try to pin point Nicole's mistake, but since she's my fave in KaRa of course i pay a little more attention during her part. Of course the other members sometimes make mistakes too.

oh no lol. not you specifically.. just been looking around and others have justified she's a bad singer by pin pointing most of her mistakes but don't do that with other members. Just a bit miffed that she gets generalized when she works pretty hard if only people would pay attention more.

One of the reason she's my favorite is because I love her voice, though not so much when it gets too high but I like how she improves from album to album. I agree she's very versatile when it comes to the vocal range she can do, and lately I want her to sing in English, love the rendition of Rock Wit You.

yeah definitely!i think shes underated she can definitely sing her voice is also the one that i can recognise the most when i listen to a kara track. dont know why but i just know lol.

• 4 weeks later...

1st time i know about KARA,i read that nicole is a rapper..

so i don't expect much from her singing..

because usually rapper in some group can't sing at all :)

but when i watch the i am performance, nicole really suprised me..

'wow,she is really great'

since then i try to hear her part in every kara's song and she really do it well..

nicole is very talented :)

the more i know about her,the more i liked her :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...