[2009.10.04] KARA shines bright at Chuseok specials

coffeebeanie

2009100414100610021.jpg

Idol group KARA was everywhere this Chuseok Weekend. With Idol stars being the big thing, the three big networks utilized this by having Idol-oriented Chuseok celebration programs for this holiday weekend. But no other group had the week like KARA did - from freestyle dancing, to showing off their fresh faces, to competing with other idols, the group has been a topic everyday.

Group KARA stood out from rest of the surge of girl groups this weekend. With their image as the 'Economic Idols' and 'Inspirational Idols', the members were shown to give it their best in all the programs they have participated in, and once again, they have exploded with popularity with their strong and unique charms. Although KARA has already appeared in many special programs for the New Year, they still managed to give something new and fresh to the viewers this time around. They have been voted number 1, as the most wanted guests for Chuseok specials, as they managed to be at the top of portal search sites each time they appear.

On October 2, on MBC's <Sweet Girl>, member Goo Hara proved to be a big hit, as her incredible strength was shown to the viewers, despite her deceptive petite figure. Hara surprised viewers by pulling a 2.5 ton truck for a distance of 2.5 meters. With her strength and competitiveness evident from the start, she was favored to be the winner of the program, but unfortunately lost, when she tripped at the final game of the program, which was a race amongst the remaining 6 girl idols.

Despite losing, Hara still proved to be winner in the end, as the netizens were more interested in her surprising strength. After the program aired, the netizens started giving Hara nicknames, to reflect how strong of a girl she is, and how sporty and competitive she gets, despite her barbie-like features. She was already known to be a tough fighter to KARA's fans as she had appeared in a boxing challenge last year, where surprisingly, she won.

This is not the only thing. The closeness of Hara and Girl's Generation's Jessica became a hot topic after seeing that the two were very chatty with each other during the filming.

KARA came out strong on October 3, on SBS' <Idol Big Show>, where the members showed off their trot talents, with a bit of their own flavor, dancing freely showing off their dorky sides on stage. This is the reason why although they sometimes embarrass themselves by doing silly and dorky things, they manage to have fun, making the viewers feel more comfortable with them.

Through this broadcast, the members showed their dorm as well, showing off confidently their bare faces. Because the filming was done early in the morning, the girls did not have any make up on. Although the members seemed surprised and a bit shy at first, being just out of bed, the natural look of the girls pulled in viewers to their charms. The snoring of maknae Jiyoung, Nicole's comment about her hair that 'Its not as bad as a thought..', and Jiyoung going off to school to take her exams were well-received by the viewers, as it was something different from the usual image of girl groups, striving to look perfectly made up every minute of the day.

Network staffers all rave about the group. They say 'The appeal of KARA is their friendliness. Its like the girls are really just your younger neighborhood sister - they are very comfy to be around, and they make you feel at ease.' Others add 'Because they know what its like to fail, they are dubbed as the 'Hardworking Idols', which is really a good thing for them.' One staffer added 'The members are just really nice girls that recently, an anti-fan who spread false rumours about the groups on the internet came out with a formal apology. Thats how much viewers are changing from anti's or neutrals to their side.' In the last analysis, it is said that 'They have a very strong and loyal fanbase, and because of this, the future of KARA is very bright.',

source:NEWSEN LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAhoic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT EDIT OR REMOVE CREDIT LINE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot=)) thanks for translating mae and coffeebeanie=) i was supposed to go to dream land when i decided roam around kh once.The girls are always hardworking.Nvr fails to give us something fresh.I am glad the anti wrote a formal apology to kara haha.One less anti=))Kamilia Loyal fanbase ALWAYS

Big thanks to me and coffebenie! YEEPY! Hmmm.. yet I again kara won the heart of the netizens :geminluv: Im verry happy! Haters are even repenting ! Nyahaha! Cool KARA! Lets keep on supporting KARA! The best! One of the freshes faces in the morning! Yeepeee! :sexy::inluv: :inluv:

This is such a touching article ^^

Seeing Kara's effort and how they do their best in everything they do...XD

The sweet Barbie doll like Hara whose strength is amazing ^^

Their trot cover was so cute as well, dancing like cute dorks...lol

How adorable ^^

Thank you very much for the translations Tin onni ^^ and for the tip off Mae onni ^^

thank you guys so much for translating. i'm so proud of them. i'm glad to know people are getting to know them because Kara's getting so popular now. also, i got to see the sweet girl special. poor, poor hara. she tripped seconds before she reached the goal. she still benefited from her performance there, so i'm happy for her anyway, but she did fall on her face... :sexy: Hopefully this is just the beginning for Kara. :geminluv: Kara is the best! GO KARA!!!

With their image as the 'Economic Idols' and 'Inspirational Idols', the members were shown to give it their best in all the programs they have participated in.

Through this broadcast, the members showed [...] something different from the usual image of girl groups, striving to look perfectly made up every minute of the day.

Because they know what its like to fail, they are dubbed as the 'Hardworking Idols'

Those are the exact reasons why i love KARA and all the DSP artists.

I'm really proud of the girls and their career.

Kara look more friendlier and more 'ordinary' because we were able to witness their failures and their sucess.

And yes their fans are really the most loyal ones.

Edited by Fanoo

I'm glad that they getting the love that they deserve ^^ ~ KARA HWAITING!!!! Even though I am a fan of other girl groups, I really want them to be on the top as Korea's favorite ... I can't wait until the KARA virus infects Japan ^^ ... if I could have one wish for KARA, it would be that Sunghee would return :geminluv:

Edited by Elianna

I was thinking the same throughout the whole article.

I wished Hara won, but it proved how strong she is.

I saw the clip of her pulling the car and I really like how KARA sings trot.

It was dorky and cute, but they made it look like it was comfortable with them.

& the bare faces, they all look pretty and natural. Nicole's Good morning & I'm going back to sleep was cute.

I like KARA for being so natural, hardworking, but they make everyday worth spending, by being themselves. (:

im happy kara gained popularity :sexy:

hahah hara xD i feel sorry.. but i laughed SOOO hard when she fell >_< but it was funny.. and i loved how jiyoung ran back too her... the whole show was a succes :inluv:

and jiyoungs snorring xD was cute :geminluv:

love how kara is so down to earth :inluv:

Kara jjang !!

Thank you dor translating/sharing ♥

I have to agree with the article~

Since I watched the Idol Big Show, I'm even more in love with them.

It's a good thing that even antis turn fans :geminluv:

And I hope that they'll really have a bright future (though I don't doubt it).

You never know what'll happen in the future but I hope it's something positive for them.

KARA hwaiting ♥

Hara so won on the viewers/Kamilia eyes. haha. She is like so fierce.

She impressed me so much...ah, strong girl!!!

Aww i like how the viewers/netizens like the girls so much

during the Chuseok specials. I`m like agreeing with everything this article is

saying. Nicole was so cute when she noticed the camera and Jing snoring <3

lol. didn't Jing say before that she didn't snore?

It was last year. can't remember which video it was though.

Gyuri with the mirror. i started laughing. A goddess would always be a goddess.

Thanks for the translation. :geminluv:

Haha despite what the article says, i didn't find their crazy random shaking when the song changed during their trot performance embarrassing , it just added more excitement! xD Their dance performances were great, i watched the whole show but i keep watching their perfs the most (maybe it's jsut the kara bias... xD)

Their dorm cut was so adorable, their reactions waking up and the way they just chill on all those bears... seriously who needs a couch at that point, they look more comfy on the floor!... and that leg massager thing nicole picked up, she really puts it to good use haha, sy sleeping in a ball... she is such a hamster!, gyuri with the mirror loll that's how a goddess wakes up i guess, she looked totally fine!, jiyoung with the snoring... lol i did not expect that, i laughed pretty hard, nicole totally freaked lol but her greeting was cute :P

It totally was a Kara filled weekend, and i loved every bit of it haha, we really can't even tell they're on break, very smart dsp, and good on the girls for giving it their all :D

Good to hear the girls are recieving a lot of love, how could anyone hate them !

haha! i liked the change they did for the 2nd trot song too. was so funny and adorable. had a good time watching it. :P

i think, by now...Hara's competitiveness & determination are already well-known amongst fans or non-fans.

i'm curious of the nick names that they gave here.

and i love love the last paragraph. <3

thanks for translating Tin!