[2009.10.06] Kara's hot night at Bangkok-- Butt dance explosion!

thebuddybud

'Sawatdeekah, Thailand'

The Kara fairies have fiercely shaken the southern country. Last month, the girl group Kara went to Bangkok, Thailand and heated the stage at the 'Korea and Thailand Friendship concert' in Park Paragon.

With the cooperation of The (international...um....culture...industry...something...foundation) and the Thailand Department of Commerce, Kara was able to perform on stage for the first time in Southeast Asia.

Even though Kara was never able to visit Thailand before, they were able to reach 1st on the Thailand music chart with <Pretty Girl>. But, they still pushed back their activities in Thailand or any of Southeast asia. However, with the recently announced <wanna> and <Mister> overwhelming the Thai market, they could no longer push back their visit. They fixed their Korean schedule, and stepped foot on Thailand ground.

The fans response to the members were above their expectations. From the airport all the way to their dorms, the fans were crowding, and even with their accents, still sang along to their songs. Sports Korea has asked about the 5 Kara fairies' hot stage at Thailand.

Sawatdeekah! (Hello)

2n0vhq9.jpg

Jiyoung Hara Gyuri Nicole Seungyeon (From left), the Kara members stood in front of their fans with a greeting. It was obvious the members seemed nervous from their first overseas performance. Their expressions showed that perhaps they stayed up all night practicing some Thai manners.

Butt Dance Explosion!

2134tf.jpg

Kara's patented <Mister> 'butt dance' was also very popular in Thailand. As Kara entered, the fans surprised Kara as they messily performed the choreography in the audience. The fans also performed the choreography of Kara's previous songs, creating a 'dance medley' and it was a pleasant surprise for the members.

Fairies go together with light

ddn9lt.jpg

Wherever Kara went in Thailand, a camera would always flash. The reporters were also in hefty amounts. The main questions given by the reporters were mostly about their activities in Thailand. They answered that wherever they received such a warm welcome as they have, they would always want to return, as Nicole, Gyuri, and Seungyeon's fluent English along with themselves brightly shone.

Thailand's 'Sa-saeng Fan'(Extremist fans)!

nlwoz5.jpg

Even in Thailand, there were 'sa-saeng fans'. From the airport to their quarters, they would always follow with such passionate looks that it surprised Kara's members. Later, as they kept appearing wherever Kara went, they would give off the feeling of a phantom.

P.S Memories

As Kara finished their schedule in Thailand, each member took out an important memory they received

Seungyeon- The manners of Thai fans were surprising. As they cleared a path for our safety, they gave off a great feeling.

1zwknmg.jpg

Hara- I couldn't eat any Thai foods because of their strong seasonings. I had to suffer through cup ramen, but I got strength from the fans.

fy283s.jpg

Nicole- I remember them calling me 'Li-ggol' with a certain accent. At first it was weird, but the more I heard it, the more it became special.

aaj1vc.jpg

Jiyoung- At the airport, I remember how they said "Hello" "Nice to meet you" "Did you eat?" as it must have taken much practice, and i'm very thankful

25hptw8.jpg

Gyuri- I must've been too tired. I remember how we almost missed our next schedule the next day after falling asleep during a bubble bath.

6faxwh.jpg

source: http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/sports/2009...06281291990.htm

translation: thebuddybud@karaholic.com

umm sy and gyuri fluent in English? XD... lol. but the girls seemed super thankful and surprised they had at the amount of fans they had :D... hopefully they can go back and maybe even more fans would show up.. cute of the fans to dance along too..

thanks jin.

they messily performed the choreography in the audience

Love them for doing the butt dance even if was messy, it's the thought. <3

they would always want to return, as Nicole, Gyuri, and Seungyeon's fluent English along with themselves brightly shone.

What? Gyuri & Seungyeon is fluent? I just remember Seungyeon studied abroad ad Gyuri saying she wants to learn, maybe Nicole teaches her.
:D
Hara- I couldn't eat any Thai foods because of their strong seasonings. I had to suffer through cup ramen, but I got strength from the fans.

Awhs, Hara it's alright.
Gyuri- I must've been too tired. I remember how we almost missed our next schedule the next day after falling asleep during a bubble bath.

Lol, falling asleep in the bathtub, but hope she doesn't overwork herself.

Thanks for translations.

Aww..yeah.. Hara ate cup ramens :X and Gyuri slept in the bubble bath.. Must have been so tired performing :( I hope they don't over exert themselves.

Oh.. I never knew Gyuri & SeungYeon were fluent in english.. Haha.

It is so sweet to see fans appearing at different places to see Kara perform..Sa-saeng Fans for the win !! :D

The cheerings and fans love towards Kara seem to be overwhelming. Oh messy butt dance.. they must be so excited xD

I hope they come singapore to perform xD i wanna watch their live performance :eyelove: It will be so much fun! *dreamsss*

Thanks for the translations :tongue:

Edited by deadlyraven

hoho !! glad that they had so much love too in Thailand !!!!

Hara sure had lotsa Ramen supplies back then before she went to Thailand !! Poor girl !!

Liggol !! haha another special name for our cute Nicole !!~~~

so happy for them !! hmm .. when will they come to MY or SG ?! hope they would come soon !!!

♥♥Kara♥♥

thx alot for the translations !!!

Li-ggol!!!! =0) KARA's BUTT DANCE is the BOMB!!!!

Next stop Philippines!!! I HOPE!?

Edited by geddy

really?! cool man!!

@geddy: hopefully man! alot of korean celebs are going here so i think there's a possibility, FT island, Kim Bum. And next on the list: Kara. . . . hopefully. Fingers cross (hope they'd do a asian tour!)

i'm one of Thai fans

Gyuri is so impressive person^^

she asked my name ><

That's so sweet ... I guess that meant you got to meet them ... the girls look so pretty in the pictures ... I hope we get to hear the girls speak English ... I knew Gyuri can speak Japanese but English was a surprise ^^