[2009.10.10] As Kara became Chuseok-dol "Dancing with a fresh face? Honestly embarrassing, embarrassing" (interview)

thebuddybud

note: Chuseok + idol = chuseok-dol. Fresh face = face with no make-up

14y7dyw.jpg

Kara expressed their happiness of being called a chuseok idol.

On the 9th, Kara spilled their feelings about the holidays before going on stage at Seoul, KBS Hole filming for KBS 2TV 'Music Bank'. During Chuseok, Kara participated on various specials, and as a result received explosive popularity. As Kara kept participating in holiday specials from last year, they even received the nickname 'Holiday Idols'.

Kara leader Park Gyuri says, "I honestly didn't know it would become such a topic" and "While watching the broadbast, 'are those idols really just like us?', and people were amazed" she revealed. She continued "I felt the response would be good. I felt great" and laughed.

Han Seungyeon said "Because there were many things to prepare for the special programs, it was also true our bodies were tired", she continued "During a certain program, the choreography for it was even decided just the night before" as she reminisced. "But because the response was well enough to match our hard work, it felt great. We will continue to be a Kara that always does their best" she said.

While being called 'Goosain Bolt', being remembered as a Chuseok hot code, Goo Hara said "During the holidays, hearing people enjoyed themselves from watching us made me proud" and "I think it was important to show our true selves as we are. We will be a Kara that won't forget our true selves" she revealed.

Nicole also said, "I didn't know we would receive such love during chuseok. Hearing about it later made me surprised" and "Because of the dark circles, it was very embarrassing to reveal our faces.. But I'm thankful because there were so many people who saw it as pretty" she said.

Maknae Kang Jiyoung said, "I was surprised they would air myself snoring during a special program. I thought it would be cut out.." she continued "As I gathered my entire family in front of the TV very proudlike, only to see the first scene of myself was snoring. It was embarrassing" as she chatterred on. She also said, "I was really worried. My fresh face would obviously be something already shown here and there, and for a while I couldn't lift my head" she continued "But because there were alot of people who saw it as pretty, I fell relieved" as she laughed brightly.

source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200910100857271001

trans: thebuddybud @ karaholic.com

They look as pretty as always. It's so cute to see their face without make up. KARA ROX!!!haha.

Don't worry Nicole, all of u look pretty :) Jiyoung is so cute...hahaha..

haha thanks for the translations :)

this interview sounds so cute, so much kara love, and they're feeling it ~ =D

that's amazing that the dance was decided the night before, poor girls are so busy ><

good thing they got that rest and got to laugh about their perfs and the dorm scene haha

oh, Jiyoung, don't be shy cause that snoring. . .

that's human nature LOL. . . :)

I love this Chuseok with Kara at every show. . .

hope they don't get too tired. . .

really like that we got to see their dorm

hara is so dorky xD, and seungyeon so cute, especially when she whined haha

wow, hara wakes up early...

even i don't wake up until like 10-11 in the morning

was really surprised that jiyoung snores

haha, she gathered her family to watch xD

Omo ! Gyuri really looked like goddess !! So beautiful ! I Mean Beautiful ! Especially in that photo ! ♥♥

Seung Yeon is so cute with that whining ! xD ! ♥ i guess she is good at that hahah !

Yea , i was shocked too when i heard that Ji Young was snooring when i watched the video , but to me its very cute !She even shared her "sleepin filmed" moments with her family ! Awww !!~

Nicole looked different with the glasses ! Hahax ! She looked like bit bookworm if she carry a thick book with that look ! =D

And wow Hara got up so early to introduce the filmin crew to their dorm ! Too bad i can't get to see how she looked like when she sleeps ! Perhaps next time other members can get to film her sleeping too ! xD !

Kara is sure to gain exploding popularity through the chuseok programs ! Even more fans became a Kara fans ! Let's hope that they could join us soon ! And i wish that Malaysia , especially Sabah's CD shops have Kara's Album for sale ! Argh ! But i hope it's original ones thou !

Thanks to thebuddybud for the translation and post ! XD !

Kara Hwaiting ! x3 !

i''m so glad they've been so popular during the Chuseok hols ... they appeared in so many shows .. yeayyy!!

IMHO, one of the unique attraction abt KARA is that they appear natural, down to earth and approachable.

They're not 'prim and proper' and 'fake-ish' like some other girl groups.

That's why we relate much better to them..

And their difficult journey to achieve make us realise that idols are just ordinary human beings who

cry, laugh and experience joy and pain .. like the rest of us..

i hope our girls will continue to shine.. coz they deserve it! Kara jjang!!

KARA's fresh faces are pretty to me.

To be honest, I think KARA's personality are so natural and like happy to show who they are.

& sometimes it's perfectly fine with or without makeup, for example Gyuri.

With Nicole's "I'm going back to sleep now~" ,too.

Thanks for the translations.
Edited by xlovemelody

the funniest face during that special was Seungyeon when she just woke up...... it was so CUTE, i wanted to pinch her cheeks! :adore:

and Jiyoung was very lovely! :D

thanks for the article...

Kara FIGHTING!!!

kara definitely getting more popular!!! I love kara dorm video.. they have pretty bare face...especially maknae!!! She look more prettier without makeup.. and her snoring just make me love her more :adore: and Hammie has cutest morning face :D