[Official Thread] KBS Invincible Youth/청춘불패

chupachups

Oh well... All good things must come to an end. I'm curious though... What will happen to the things they've made/built. All the crops, animals.. Not only is this not fair to the cast members but also to the villagers that helped the girls so much and just to have the show cut due to low rating... I guess KBS care more about ratings than people's feelings~ =(

“Invincible Youth” had its final recording on December 8th.

The staff stated in an interview with Money Today, “We recorded our final episode of ‘Invincible Youth’ with all of the cast members attending a special get-together at the filming location in Yuchiri.”

The town of Yuchiri has hosted the show for over a year since it began in October 2009.

When asked about the possiblity of Season 2, the show’s PD expressed that it was unlikely since the decision taken by KBS to end the show was mainly because of the low ratings.

In further news, “Invincible Baseball Team“, “Nocturnal“, and the music program “Music Closet” have also been slated for cancellation. The shows are said to have been discontinued due to low viewer ratings. KBS2TV will announce in due time the replacement programs for them.

[c] allkpop

my mind is not clear now to comment..

....Well i guess it was bound to happen, After all kbs is a business and would only care about making money. even though this show as a huge international fanbase, the ratings in korea average about 7.0 to 7.5% for each episode

. This would be considered low compared to the more popular variety/entertainment shows with more than 12% ratings. At least it was a good run, and our sweet honey hara stayed all the way to the end. Let's not be sad about this, and instead happy that she has had such a fun time and experience through this show and the new friends that she has made. Let's be happy for her =D

i'm not mad at kbs but at the lower rating after g7 changed members.

it isn't fair to the remaining & new members who give their best to iy.

who provides the rating, the (number of) viewers.

who are the viewers & most importantly who were the viewers?

i feel so sorry for the existing members & staffs.

i'm not mad at kbs but at the lower rating after g7 changed members.

it isn't fair to the remaining & new members who give their best to iy.

who provides the rating, the (number of) viewers.

who are the viewers & most importantly who were the viewers?

i feel so sorry for the existing members & staffs.

The viewers before this was obviously SONEs.

This is just sad. Low ratings... obviously a common enough reason for a show to be cancelled.

But what about the meaning behind the show? What about all those that they've helped? All of the things they've done, did they not care about that? It's sad, people only caring about entertainment and not the show's meaning.

I wonder how the whole cast feels about this. And the villagers too.

I mean, sure we will get to see more Honey in the future, but what about Yuchiri itself?

That's what set this whole show apart, the setting itself. This show is definitely unique compared to others and there won't be one like this in the future anymore, or at least, one that is as good as this show. Others would merely appear as a copycat of this show.

I'm definitely grateful for this show, cause not only did our Honey and others get to shine, but all the good things they've done. I'll definitely miss this show.

I expect to see more opportunities for Honey in the future.

But I miss her already... :crying:

..... I can't believe it's actually ending. I love iy. Not just cause hara is there, but like some said, the purpose is really meaningful and the cast is fun to watch. No offense but hara by herself with boring ppl wouldnt be all that great. But hara along with Narasha, Victoria, sunhwa, and everyone else is great. It's just sad that when sunny and yuri left, they probably took most of the viewers with them. I just hope the cast isn't too broken hearted from this than we are.

Actually the low ratings were happening when Yuri&Sunny + Hyuna were still on though...it's just that now is the time when KBS decided to canceled it along with those other shows that were mentioned. I didn't want to jinx it and hope that at least Hara could stay there for a year...and she did so I'm glad.

its been four hours since i found out that this show is canceled, and it still hurts even more than it did then. i still cant believe that its over, everyone seemed to be have a great time together. but i am glad that the show is being cancelled due to low ratings and not like cast issues.

^^YUP, I'm still sad since I loved G7 & the village people (whom treated them as if they were their own gran-daughters.]<3

Hara+Sori+Hyomin are posting pictures of their last shoot w/ the G7&crew.

"Pics from "Invincible Youth" Photo Exhibition"

gpf0.jpg

v0c.jpg

6y3.jpg

cr.KBSWORLDTV@twitter

205320180.jpg

cr. sori8502@twitter.

153750512-4cff71810ae52_500.jpg

153750512-4d004a2b3ccff_500.jpg

153750512-4cff72449784f_500.jpg

cr.b89530@twitter.

x2_3ad3fa7.jpg

cr._sweethara@twitter.

^*sigh* looking at that picture makes me... sad and happy at the same time.

Ahh it's bitter-sweet. Not only was I a Kamilia who watched and supported Honey, but I was a fan of IY as well. As a fan of IY, there's that level of attachment you have to the show.

Ahhhh sad. I'll miss everything about this show. What shall happen to Idol Town and everything in it...

On the brighter side of things, I'm excited for whatever future there is for Honey :D

I don't want to miss Honey's variety show skills for too long.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Honey's going to start school sometime soon so I'm guessing... I'll be missing her for a while... T_T

Edited by PioneerLtTwinkie

just watched the subbed version of ep 53. and it hurt me a lot. its sad to know that the show is ending yet, u watch the previous episodes and see that they are having so much fun together. sorry if it seems like i am taking someone elses line, but all good things do come to end sooner or later. i myself personal really wished it was about a year later. one year just seems so short.

sure we will miss hara & gang but the most affected are those old folks from yuchiri village who don't internet surfing. eg: remember the old lady who has problem with her back or who is close to narsha? please get someone to tell her the girls are leaving because people are not watching farming anymore.

what're the values of making a film like iy? we are aware of those but the most important one is in bringing people (older & younger generations) close together, from strangers to as a family. this is sad when rating (lost of interests for some & the money factor) comes to break them out.

yeyyyy for season 2!!!!

from what i've understand in allkpop they end the season 1 because its hard to compete with the schedules of girlgroups like kara and they said that it was difficult to take out some fixed members...

meaning to say that hara may still have a chance appearing in season 2!!!

hmm? a twist of events in just a few days? the earlier & latest (allkpop) reports from its pd obviously didn't match but i guess we should always treat the last as the most updated. so there's season 2 with some rearrangements. what a relief, for now..