[2009.10.19] F.T Island's Choi Joong Hoon apologizes to KARA's Park Gyuri

coffeebeanie

m10197.jpg

m10193.jpg

F.T Island's leader Choi Joong Hoon offered his apologies for the comments he made to KARA's leader Park Gyuri.

Choi Joong Hoon left a message at 5:08 in the afternoon on his minihompi to apologize. He said "First of all, I'm sorry as a celebrity. It was just a concept for that day, but after saying it out loud, I thought to myself 'Was it too harsh?', thats why after the recording, I approached her (Park Gyuri) to say sorry."

He continued "For some fans its not a big deal. Its kind of funny that I'm writing about something so small like this. Haha! But I am sorry. I will be more careful in choosing my words next time!"

This was in reference to MBC's Changing the World Quiz program where the two idol group leaders were present. When he was being likened to Park Gyuri for having a goddess concept, he replied "She's egoistic, while I'm just frank. If someone asks me if I'm good-looking, I'll say that I am". This comment received a lot of criticisms from KARA's fans.

source: DC NEWS LINK

thanks to mae@KARAholic

translated by coffeebeanie@KARAholic. CREDIT FULLY WHEN REDISTRIBUTING. DO NOT REMOVE OR EDIT THE CREDIT LINE

Wow.. It's so nice that they're still very respectful and considerate to each other's feeling's.. It's really sweet of him :] I'm sure gyul won't mind ^^ Thanks for sharing ^^

the most important thing is I hope Gyuri is okay :P...i just thought if he was going to be sincere about it then make it sincere, he obviously wrote this b/c he felt the heat from fans... a lot of people misunderstand Gyuri and for that situation to occur.. it wasn't the most pleasant thing to happen.

thanks Tin.

What he said was a little too harsh but he apologized which means he realized what he has done.

I think our Gyuri won't mind it because she knows It was just a joke for a day but It's really nice to see celebrities taking care of each other feelings.

ya it is good that he apologize

celebrities really need to watch what they are saying

cos it may cause fans war easily these days ><

it's a shame that some people misunderstand gyuri... i mean someone who has met with her and probably had normal conversations with her - i find it cowardly he got all defensive when he was compared to gyuri's goddess concept and even tried to set himself apart by calling her egotistical...

thankfully he apologized, but i think more people would remember the comment more than the apology... so i think some damage may have been done

however for gyuri's sake, i'm hoping she's okay and these articles just exaggerated the whole situation...

thanks for the translations =]

Yup, at least he apologised instead of ignoring the actions he did.

But poor thing celebs go thru.

Even tho they never meant it but it turned out badly in the end.

As a Kamilia, I don't take his words so harshly.

I believe that if they didn't know Gyuri well,

they would percieve her as that way,

maybe, he worded the phrases wrong.

Well, he apologized, that's what matters

but also, he thought over the situation, like

ex. was it too harsh?, which means he didn't word the words correct.

& it's kinda of hard for someone to explain (in the right words)

about the "goddess/princess" concept that Gyuri has in like a joking way.

Anyways I don't think he meant it in an offense way, you know?

Plus, Gyuri wasn't that offended, she is strong and her confidence is there.

Don't be so harsh on him.<3
Edited by xlovemelody

i'm sure Gyuri can take in his comment. he was just being honest about it. to other people, it might sound off.

kinda like how Gyuri is with the goddess concept? to some people they might be thinking..."wth". when her intentions arent like that at all.

it's good that he apologized personally and publicly.

thank you tin!

Gyuri is beautiful & she knows it, hell we all know it :lol:. At least he apologized. And being a big FT Island fan that I am, I'm glad that it didn't get blown out of proportion. I wouldn't want my two favorite groups to have some kind of .. war between the fans. Plus, Gyuri is mature. I'm sure she she'd know how to handle these things. (:

it's good of him to apologize although i suspect it was because of pressure from fans' reactions...

and also, he says he admits that he is good looking... so what's wrong with gyuri admitting she's beautiful.

coz she IS beautiful..

then again beauty is subjective -- one man's meat is another man's poison, right?

celebs are humans too .. and to err is human ... :lol: