Gyuri's Spazzing Thread

spyou

oh good so im not the only one that was a bit disappointed with the few lines Gyuri got in this song.... In the live showcase they were a lot of Gyuri fan screaming (especially fangirls) it was nice to hear :thumbup: and i loved this reckless family episode =D

disappointed, yes but i don't wish to talk about the lines distribution because everyone will get a chance.

btw guys, just in case you are not aware, there's a thread on pandora.

frankly speaking, i'm not impressed with pandora.

however since it's all about their hardwork, i do appreciate and will learn to love pandora more.

at the end of the day, it's going to be gyul, through and through.

Rant on Gyuri's lines in spoiler.

Ya line distribution is a sensitive issue and the members and fans might get their feelings hurt. But I think it still needs to be ironed out.

I've been thinking about this worrying trend since last year with Step. Actually, it's been happening before then, it's just that the effect is most pronounced in Step and Pandora since they are comeback songs. It seems like Jiyoung is getting more and more lines, while Gyuri is getting less. But even that's not my main beef. It's that Jiyoung lacks the technique and emotion to perform the most critical parts of the songs, and her monotonous breathy voice muddies a good portion of the songs. I'm not arguing about fairness or whatever, but about making the song as good as possible by properly assigning lines and roles. Sure some songs it's right to have Jiyoung be the focus, and during other times it should be Gyuri.

For Step and Pandora, if Gyuri led the verses, those songs would sound a lot better. Case in point, the best order for both Pandora's verses are Gyuri, Jiyoung/Nicole, Hara, Seungyeon, Gyuri.

If Gyuri is the lead vocalist, then give her the opportunities to claim that role.

Rant on Gyuri's lines in spoiler.

Ya line distribution is a sensitive issue and the members and fans might get their feelings hurt. But I think it still needs to be ironed out.

I've been thinking about this worrying trend since last year with Step. Actually, it's been happening before then, it's just that the effect is most pronounced in Step and Pandora since they are comeback songs. It seems like Jiyoung is getting more and more lines, while Gyuri is getting less. But even that's not my main beef. It's that Jiyoung lacks the technique and emotion to perform the most critical parts of the songs, and her monotonous breathy voice muddies a good portion of the songs. I'm not arguing about fairness or whatever, but about making the song as good as possible by properly assigning lines and roles. Sure some songs it's right to have Jiyoung be the focus, and during other times it should be Gyuri.

For Step and Pandora, if Gyuri led the verses, those songs would sound a lot better. Case in point, the best order for both Pandora's verses are Gyuri, Jiyoung/Nicole, Hara, Seungyeon, Gyuri.

If Gyuri is the lead vocalist, then give her the opportunities to claim that role.

I purposefully put it here so that Pandora threat isn't full of my rants...but frankly, it's not just the lines...during the chorus, you don't even hear Gyul. Whenever they sing together, I always can distinguish her even a little bit but her voice seems to been washed out or the others were increased. I don't know... :angry: AND knowing that popularity also determines individual shots on music shows, I'm assuming that I won't see much of her during their comeback since she got so little individual lines....

I must say that I was happy that they sang Lupin and the other songs during the showcase and I therefore did get to enjoy Gyul's voice...

I'm not really all that bothered by Gyuri's lack of lines in Pandora. As Lorraine mentioned Gyuri had vocal surgery only 6 months ago and even though the doctors said she only needed 3 months recovery time, there's no need for her to push things when there are still many KARA songs to come in the future.

interesting while recalling the last few permanent shows gyul was involved as a host..

- sstp

- rulru ralra

- jewellery house

- reckless family

what're in common?

mbc!

even with the long running (mbc) strike, i hope the next project will be "we got married".

yup i'm reading too much.. :)

Just here to share the screenshots of the teasers for the solo..

tumblr_m9ewknkVFZ1rw6cjbo1_400.png

Gyuri's is the 4th one. The 3 thumbnails of her MV is making me so excited !! We see innocent gyuri, dark gyuri and glamorous gyuri XD .

Impatiently waits for the mv to be released !!

Just here to share the screenshots of the teasers for the solo..

tumblr_m9ewknkVFZ1rw6cjbo1_400.png

Gyuri's is the 4th one. The 3 thumbnails of her MV is making me so excited !! We see innocent gyuri, dark gyuri and glamorous gyuri XD .

Impatiently waits for the mv to be released !!

yub yub im watting to see a darker prite mv of gyuri

:thumbup:

sorry guys, i'm late to update. here're in details.

92372784.jpg

00000je.jpg

71586830.jpg

to all gyutifuls (just in case you're unaware), the full mtv world stage malaysia broadcast is here.

(of course, previously nonexistent lupin and "let it go" are included.)

[c] honeyhammie1

Edited by red4summer

I just watched her MV. Loved it. Glad that DSP has finally stepped up their mv production value. Why couldn't they do this earlier ? LOL

Her mv gave me a twilight feel. Must be the woods and the vampire-ish theme going on. I loved loved her looks in the simple white collared shirt. She looked great throughout the mv XD

Her MV is telling some kind of story and I like it :)

ok i am sooooooo happy with gyuri's mv. yesh i agree the quality in this mv was good. It totally matches our goddess <3 I love gyuri's vocals! never fail to disappoint ^^ I think this mv is about something like Gyuri is caught in between a daydream with her past lover (the black hoodie dude) and the new lover (the white clothed dude). *kneels down to goddess* once again u have proven to us why u r the goddess of kara.

Edited by marimbaplyr928

Gyul's PV is beautiful, and Gyuri is so beautiful in every scene :wub: Love the contrast of black and white and then the beginning at the woods, love it, then on the swing she has her followers lol then I don't know why I find it funny that Gyul is running a lot XD But anyways this is a beautiful PV and Gyul's vocals shines :D Also I'm loving that there's storyline and so many meanings to what's taking place :thumbup:

Her PV is so awesome! She looks so beautiful in it :wub:

Her solo song is my favorite solo song out of the other members. So, it's really nice seeing the song is visualized with such beautiful scenes and Gyuri's gorgeous self. :D

I understand the meaning of the PV which makes it even more amazing in my eyes :lol:

I love this PV so much!