Gyuri's Spazzing Thread

spyou

KARA's Gyuri recounts their surprising Japanese takeover

KARA-Gyuri_1378674334_af_org.jpg

KARA's Gyuri spoke up on her group's somewhat surprising and unexpected Japanese advancement.

Appearing as a guest on MBC's 'Quiz to Change the World', she recounted the moment when she knew that KARA would be a huge hit in Japan.

"I didn't know that we would be promoting in Japan," she said. "Our CEO said we should have a performance in Japan, so we went without any pressure. We had a good response, so we hurriedly debuted in Japan."

"We planned a one-hour concert in Shibuya," she continued. "However, so many people showed up that we had to cancel after 15 minutes." This incident spurred on KARA's Japanese plans, she said.

Since the Japanese promotions had practically come out of nowhere, the girls had little time to prepare, Gyuri recalled, even having to jot down bits of Japanese on their hands!

Read more: allkpop
  • Like 1

Kyuhyun comments that Gyuri's impersonation of a baby is annoying on 'Mamma Mia'

Gyuri-Kyuhyun_1378650698_af_org.jpg

On the recent episode of KBS' 'Mamma Mia,' Gyuri's mother revealed, "My child can impersonate a baby's voice very well." 

Gyuri then showed her impersonation of a baby and surprised the viewers with her realistic baby noises. The cast of the show seemed impressed with her impersonation. After seeing her impersonation, Kyuhyun playfully commented, "She is very good but why is it so annoying?"

Meanwhile, this week's 'Hallyu Idol' special episode featured idols including Kyuhyun, Gyuri, Minzy, Chunji and Ailee. 

Edited by edr49890

KARA's Gyuri reveals her group's pre-debut woes

KARA-Gyuri_1379281849_af_org.jpg

Although KARA is one of the most popular K-Pop acts today, they didn't always have it this easy, leader Gyuri revealed recently.

Appearing on KBS's 'Mamma Mia', 'goddess' Gyuri said that their agency, DSP Entertainment, had caused a lot of trouble for them, even before their official debut. 

"I was a trainee since middle school, and during that time, our agency once became a shell company," she revealed. "Another time, the CEO suddenly disappeared, so all of our plans had to be put on hold."

That wasn't all, however. "We had to take a 1-and-a-half-year break once because the boss told us we just had to wait."

Despite the woes they encountered, it speaks volumes about KARA's strength and tenacity that they managed to make the best of a bad situation.

@allkpop

Gyuri's mom chooses her ideal son-in-law between Heo Kyung Hwan and Shinhwa's Andy

KARA-Gyuri_1379139152_af_org.jpg

KARA's Gyuri and her mom will be featuring on the upcoming broadcast of 'Mamma Mia', where her mom will be put on the spot with a difficult question!

The question asked during the recording was, 'Which celebrity do you think would be the best husband material for your daughter?' and she had the option to choose between the two male celebrities on the show, Shinhwa's Andy and comedian Heo Kyung Hwan.

So who did she pick? Apparently it was Andy, reasoning, "First of all, he is handsome, warm, and sensitive. I think he'll be a devoted husband."

You'll have to catch the full broadcast coming up on the 15th to see everyone's reaction!

@allkpop

• Like 1

• KARA’s Gyuri Acted With Jang Geun Suk Before    

• KARA‘s leader Gyuri recently revealed her childhood photos and talked about her start in the entertainment biz as a young girl.   

On September 15, Gyuri and her mother appeared as guests on the idol special edition of KBS 2TV‘s “Mamma Mia.“  

• On that day, photos of Gyuri with comedian Lee Yong Shik and stills from her appearances on television as a child were shown. Her mother talked about the significance of the events portrayed in each photo and also revealed that young Gyuri’s singing and rapping had been featured on comedian Bae Yeon Jung‘s single album. Not only that, but Gyuri also starred as the lead of a musical when she was just a kid!    

• Later on the “speed quiz” segment of the show, viewers also came to learn that Park Gyuri once acted alongside the likes of  Jang Geun Suk!  

gyuri_Childhood.jpg

shared by awan_nano

Edited by edr49890
  • Like 1

What is KARA’s Park Gyuri Doing this Korean Thanksgiving?

Cc25yE71.jpg

What is KARA’s Park Gyuri Doing this Korean Thanksgiving?

Is KARA member Park Gyuri wearing a scuba wetsuit?

On September 18, Park Gyuri uploaded onto her Twitter, “I challenged myself to go scuba diving. It was really fun. I think I’m naturally an active girl” with a photo.

In the photo, Park Gyuri is wearing a black and blue scuba wetsuit and holding onto her goggles. It looks like the picture was taken before she actually went in the water. Her hair is tied up in a simple and neat ponytail.

Upon seeing this photo, netizens commented, “Why are you scuba diving this Korean Thanksgiving?” “I was wondering what Gyuri was going to do. It looks like so much fun,” and “Have a lovely Thanksgiving.”

@ohkpop

Hi can someone please explain to me about her sailor moon pose? how it started? Did she often do it for fans? It's so cute and sexy at the same time! :gemnoway:

Hello , welcome to karaholic :D

If I remember correctly it just happened recently , it started first in a japanese show. 

The members calls it Gyuri Aegyo Haha !! Agreed she's so cute :)
  • Like 1

new MV, 'In the Beginning, a Thing Called Love' and for her strong resemblance to Japanese actress Aoi Yu.

KARA-Gyuri_1380118918_af_org.jpg

Interestingly, it turns out that Son Soo Hyun is very close friends with none other than KARA's Gyuri!

To support her friend, Gyuri had tweeted, "Busker Busker's 2nd album 'In the Beginning, a Thing Called Love' MV actress Son Soo Hyun.  Soo Hyun is pretty," arousing curiosity about their relationship.

Previously in July, Gyuri had tweeted, "A picture with Soo Hyun with Haeundae Beach as the background.  We three girls are happily enjoying our 1 night 2 days vacation.  We are healing," and uploaded a picture of the two girls together.

A polaroid picture was also revealed.  It appeared to be taken the same day as the beach photo and had the caption 'Gyuri's hair after Soo Hyun styled it for the first time.'

Netizens have concluded that the two of them are very close friends, not to mention very pretty friends!

@allkpop

• Like 1