[2009.10.23] Nicole from Kara is going back to school!

chupachups

Nicole who has recently shot up in individual fame due to her appearances on "Star Golden Bell" will be the new star for the third season of Mnet's KAIST.

So what is KAIST? KAIST is actually a prestigious school in Korea, short for Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and is considered the American equivalent to MIT.

So what is Nicole doing at one of the worlds best universities? She will be attending the school with cameras following her every move.

Nicole still has trouble with Korean as she is originally from America. There are many questions to the new season as people are wondering what she might want to study and how she might deal with school activities.

Next, the staff said "With her girly smile and her sexy butt dance, you can't help but fall for Nicole's silly and unbalanced charms" and "As Nicole is currently at the age of High School Grade 3 (She's currently a 12th grader), we will see her truthful and wonderful stories of her life in college, just as many people in their 10's dream of".

Credit: thebuddybutd@karaholic.

Previous celebrities to be on Mnet's KAIST includes MC Mong and Jewelry's Seo In Young.

The new season will air sometime in early November.

cr: omgkpop

http://dkpopnews.blogspot.com/2009/10/news...ng-back-to.html

Thanks to KaraNice for the link!

--------

See, Nicole's a variety star now. haha, she has her own show as soon as SGB ended. No loss.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh! what a giant leap into something exciting!! haha, this will definitely be a great watch, and it's awesome that nicole's got such an amazing alternative show to star in! ahh...that plus the cfs they're involved in now are just great prospects.

go nicole! go girls!

Hope she can do well on school and show us fans a differente side of her. Just a little worried that the scool beeing so good that she migth get stress because of the test and things like that...but she will have our full support. Nicole! Fighting!

Nicole looks really pretty in the school uniform. With her personality, I am sure that the show will be very interesting to watch. How well she will do in school is another matter.

I have worked full-time and studied at the same time before and it is no easy task doing both at the same time especially if you want to have good scores. Hopefully she will be able to handle the schedule of studying and working and not have too many sleepless nights.

Nicole back to school! Hehe..

I am so happy that Nicole got another solo activity after Gyuri took over her place in sgb..

Well, its going to be so exciting looking at Nicole going to school! She looks so cute :P

Will be looking forward for the vids!~

Korean universities have to wear uniform too? if not, is KAIST a university or a school?

Will this be a kind of reality show where she actually will study there? Or..?

I'm a bit confused.

pretty sure, the picture is for publicity of the show.. there is a pic of her filming for the show and she's in regular clothes..

I'm so happy.. i heard people talking about seeing her at the school but there wasn't any official news until now :P..

the person summarized the article.. it seems.. XD.. well the pd's said they picked Nicole b/c she's charming and they thought with her personality she'd be very fun to have on this show.. something like that.. so i think the show will be half serious and half entertaining? lol. and since she doesn't have regular jobs anymore.. she can focus on this show.. i think that's how everything was scheduled from the beginning..

nonetheless.. thanks anne for posting ..

Wow, sounds interesting.

Thing is, did Nicole actually enroll in this school/university/college? Or is she temporarily enrolled for the purpose of this show?

Some students are definitely going to hate her guts for studying on the same campus... Celebrities REALLY do have an advantage in Korea. Career-wise, opportunities, wealth, status, and possibly the overall quality of life.