[2009.10.25] Han Seungyeon: "I hope they would refer to us as the 'Spirited Idols' from now on.."

coffeebeanie

This article let me get to know Ham much better :)

Her thoughts are feelings made me feel like she is a selfless person. Always ready to care for her other Kara members and protect them when they needed her.Although she had a bad start, she didn't give up and continue to work hard..Its so touching to hear that. I think her popularity nowadays is all well-deserved as she worked so hard for the past two years.

I think they truly deserve 'spirit idols' much more than 'economic idols'.

It would definitely be so cool if Ham went into acting..It may work out for her too :)

I love it when Ham is honest of what she thinks about her future. Its really great for her to share some of her visions in life..Make her tougher when she thinks about it again (:

Hope Ham can continue to do well and Kara to stay forever!~

Thanks for the translations

This kind of popularity was hard to imagine around 2 and a half years ago. DSP Entertainment, the company behind Fink.l, wanted to put out another girl group. They did this confidently with sentiments like 'Lets make a new legend in the industry'. Unfortunately, the girls of KARA were not able to live up all the hype and anticipation. Groups like Wonder Girls and Girl's Generation were two walls on each side that seemed impossible to get over.

I find it hard to believe that people dont like Kara on their first debut.. I didn't know K-pop until June this year because of 'gee' and I agree that gee is so addicting, but when i heard 'honey' the first time (when they beat gee on music bank??) I was like WOW who is KARA?? but then one of my friend who know about K-pop asked me, how come I have 'honey' mp3 on my cellphone.. She was saying that Kara can't sing and stuff and SNSD is a lot better (WHICH I FIND OUT LATER ON THAT THIS IS NOT TRUE!)

While I start watching some random korean variety show (happen to have Kara song), I start listening to their old song.. Its just very shocking to me when I found out Kara is not succesful during that day.. I like 'Break It' and 'If You Wanna' a lot more than SNSD 'into the new world' and 'kissing you' .. I think, in my case, Kara has snatch me away from being a Sone to be a Kamillia (and HEY! im proud to be a Kamillia!)

I also agree with some comments from the above.. Kara has inspired me so much and im glad to find out that they doesnt only inspired me, but also inspired some of you too =)

I hope Kara will get the title they want?? Spirited Idol??hehehe.. Gud Luck KARA!! HWAITING!!!

(PS: I LOVE SEUNGYEON!!! Make me a coffee too!! Don't find your guy too soon, who know I can someday understand korean and come there to meet you =P)

it was sort of touching for me as i read the front part of the article, like any other articles that describes how they pulled through the hard times when they weren't as popular as now.

but i'm sure that they will only improve and improve for now, and i'm looking forward to their new album!

kara fighting

Basically i've always liked kpop since few years especially kdrama osts but i'm never into the singers/groups .. just like their songs.

But KARA was the first Korean girl group that i really liked and even join the fanclub because after doing some research on them, i found out lil bit of their history .. how they had to go through so many obstacles and hardships right after their debut. And how the media and the entertainment industry had subtly defined them as 'failure'.

I've always had the tendency to support the 'underdogs = underrated" and to me, KARA was definitely underrated.

In my honest opinion, they are as talented and beautiful as SNSD and Wondergirls .. it's just that maybe they don't have the right powerful people behind them who pulls the right strings and opens the right doors for them.

But i'm glad they went through all those hard times because it made them stronger, mature, more passionate and focused. Like SeungYeon said - other groups might hv gave up after all those hardship but they (KARA) worked even harder and never stop believing that they will one day be successfful.

That shows how determined and mentally strong our girls are. And I am proud to say that they're the only Korean girl group that i really adore and admire. I started liking them bcoz of Nicole but slowly each and everyone of these girls are growing on me! :D

and yes i agree that they are the ultimate 'SPIRITED IDOL' .... coz i know after time some of the currently popular group would fade out but god's willing KARA will be around.. either as a group or maybe chasing individual paths. wish them succcess now and forever...

KARA hwaiting!!! ^_^

it kinda pisses me off when they call Kara as 'economic idols', good thing SY defended! it's not them to work just for money, it's because they like doing their jobs! NICE ONE SY!

and if SY gave me a coffee, i'd faint right in front of her ^_^)

love the article...

it's sooo touching...

when they are on the hiatus seungyeon works really hard and up to now the girls are working so hard :lol:

I agree with seungyeon that from now on they must be refer as the "spirited idol"

they deserve it :D

kara fighting!

seungyeon <333

thanks for sharing :)

Seungyeon is my idol~ :thumbup:

She's right,KARA is definitely the definition of spirit & energy,even other stars said so like mighty mouth & No brain~They all are always working hard for their fans~for us kamilias~ :D

Seungyeon is such a dork,collecting gadgets & all,Lol~

and her reading habbits are just like me!I can't seem to put a book away if I ever started reading one^^

Aw,I love her (in a fan-to-idol way of course :D )

We Kamilias will always support u till the end!!!

after i read this ... i feel like being celebrity is not good as its image.

you have to go through many things ofcourse hard things to be stand infront of the stage

applause to you girls that passed them and being successful now

we'll support you guys always ^^

thanks for sharing this :P

SO SWEET :P

I like KARA even more when I read n watch their story. . .

their hard work inspired me esp. Seung Yeon Unie. . .

hope they will be better n better. . .

SO PROUD TO BE YOUR FAN :devil:

Edited by naruya

Great article, i didn't know much about SY before reading this, and wow she is really a hard worker, but one who enjoys work, which is i think a very admirable trait. I guess its more of doing what you really want and making the best out of your life. I also see that she has this enthusiasm in learning new things, but what i loved the most? she's a a bit of a techie! me too! :)

Edited by ensign_dev

• 4 months later...

wow i thought she was very pro a piano's like in 4Tommorow - SeungYeons Dreams you see her play it, she looks so pro.

'I'm the type of person that once I start reading, I have to read till the end." thats like me lol

her ideal type seems like someone who is perfect