[2009.11.02] Netizens are touched after watching videos from KARA's 'non-famous' period

coffeebeanie

I remember this video of Arirang calling KARA "faillure" : I was so angry at that time.

Now just look at KARA ! They have worked so hard and I'm proud of them.

I know KARA fame can't be compared to Wonder Girls or SNSD yet but they have done a long road.

They are popular in Korea and have a name ! Keep working hard and you will really make it on day !

Edited by Solin

actually now i am so happy for them, for where they are right now.

i am so sad to hear those labels they had. It is kinda depressing. they deserved what they have right now..

im happy that they finally reach maybe the top but they're almost there.

SUENGYON hwaiting!

i can't wait for the show.

as they all say "we all have our ups and downs" and this was Kara's. after all their hardships, this is now their prize. . .

hope the people would not call them "economic idols" anymore after this. . . .

does anybody here have this video and was english subbed

coz i wanna watch it

I don't believe this is broadcasted yet, but once it's released it'll for sure be subbed! (:

Like Ting said, I don't believe Seungyeon is trying to take all the credits, as the article implies; she's simply stating what she went through. The media is, as usual, twisting what she is saying to fit their own perspective. Didn't the girls once mention how they were crying together when they were watching the year-end awards because they were not invited (?). I think that captures the essence of the hardships that the girls went through, and just shows how far they've came since 2007.

Of course, they're not at the top yet, but it is clear that the girls are working towards that goal, and it's very heartwarming for the fans to follow the paths of KARA to the top. (: I think that strengthens our bond/belief in the girls, don't you think? Being able to follow their path since debut, celebrate with them when they won their first awards, observing their growth in popularity, and just seeing how far they've came - this is what, for me, differentiated KARA from other girl groups and what made KARA my favourite girl group. (:

People should not pity KARA (gosh..) when talking about their debut days; instead, they should applaud the girls for overcoming these obstacles, and not giving up during the darkest times, and being able to grow into what they are now.

SeungYeon tried really hard and her hard work paid off. And mae pointed out a good point. It's not only SeungYeon but also Gyuri and Nicole and everyone else. Though it was SeungYeon who got the opportunities, everyone tried their best. They faced tremendous competition and eventually beat the odds and came out on top. IN YOUR FACE TO ALL WHO DOUBTED THEM.

All KARA girls have worked hard for their fame now.

We can't deny that Hara and JiYoung added a lot of fans.

Gyuri was also in-charged of the girls.

Nicole's SGB as well and yes, SeungYeon's MC jobs.

I agree that the tell me craze and their long hiatus is what made them appear as "failures"

but they were NEVER failures. They are talented girls! It's just that they lacked promotions before.

I think KARA has finally shed their "underrated" title. Their Revolution comeback is really big.

They're like everywhere now. They were nominated in year-end awards (yey!!!)

In girl groups, KARA will always be mentioned.

I'm not even being biased when I say that they are one of the top 3 girl groups.

Somehow, KARA has won the love of the public with their "economic/inspirational idols" image.

It's one thing to have a big fanbase but it's entirely a different thing to be loved by the Korean public.

They have earned the respect of everyone.

Some may not like their music but people see them as very passionate and hardworking individuals.

That's a really good thing.

The only thing they need now is a HIT song cause people already love them.

Yes Pretty Girl, Honey, Wanna and Mister were hits but somehow they have yet to have a song that will top the charts for weeks. A song that would give them a certain mark like WG's Tell Me/Nobody and SNSD's Gee.

Goodluck to KARA! I know they would have more success!

KAMILIA will always be supporting!

Edited by KaraNice

I'm so happy for KARA right now for their success they have

Seungyeon really deserves our respect

Helping her group pull through the hard times and achieve what they have now

i think it will be perfect moment if it airs when Kara get the MAMA, show everybody that girlgroup which start from zero to hero ~

Seungyeon and all Kara member did a great improvement from that 'non-famous' period, 'till they get the first award in mcountodown, Kara is really awesome and amazing~

hope it'll have an eng-sub, :)

KARA Fighting !!

Yeah i agree that Ham is a really smart and hardworking idol. She helped out a lot when Kara wasn't popular..

And her efforts had finally paid off. Kara is so successful now, I am glad for them :)

But i got to agree, it wasn't just the efforts of ham but as a group.

Everyone made an effort to revive Kara.

Even now i think that Hara and Jiyoung got many fans into Kara too.

I think Ham really enjoyed this fame as a group and not her alone.

Kara has a really strong bond among them. Every member is essential for them to live on.

I know that Kara will continue to build a stronger fanbase in Korea and i'm really looking forward to their new album.

They will present to us, once again, thier wonderful voices and captivating dance steps (:

All the best to Kara.

Love all of ya!~

Yeah, when i first moved to korea i kept my TV on the music channel and it had SeungYeon was hosting this daytime music show with this guy (the hosts changed over). The show showed new/recent vids with minor promotion with the idols, but it seem quite unorganised. After reading this n thinking back, it does remind me that they did come along way, but to be fair quite a few singers have had such a road (destinys child n Mariah Carey for example), just that in Korea they are fairly critical and i guess its harder to make it with smaller national audience.

Reminds me of Lee hyun Ji (kiss me kiss me), i dont see her around :)..........

I remember when they first came out. But, I only knew them as the newer version of Fin.K.L, and at the time I pretty much avoided anything that's considered a newer version of this one famous group. It was the same for Baby V.O.X Rev.

I knew they were performing at the time, just that I wasn't keeping up with Kara news. I actually didn't start to know them more until their Honey song. Which I thought was really catchy. That's when I started looking up on them more.

I gotta say that there was one time I wonder what happened to Kara, and it was before I got really into them. But today is the first time I registered on this site. Also the first time I heard that there was actually another member but left.

I really agree on what you guys said, who was with Kara since day 1. I really wish I can go back in time, and know them since day 1. But it's too late for that now.

During the time, alot of good artists debuted, and it was really hard to get noticed, unless you're doing something different from what every other group is doing. During that time, I knew alot of groups were going with the original cute theme... It's still good.

But the groups that shine really well during those time were Wonder Girls with their amazingly catchy "Tell Me" song, and SNSD with their amazingly good, live singing and dancing.

I really think those who are calling Kara the economic group etc.., are lame and ignorant. I bet those people aren't even as popular as Kara anyways. We only know those people as "them, those, lame, ignorant, etc.."

Anyways, I'm really glad Kara is doing well lately, best of luck to them and 2PM who is probably going through the same situation.

Thank you Han Seungyeon <3

you've been through a lot with Nicole & Gyuri

we love you even tho a lot of people

doesnt like you for your behavior,saying that you act too cutesy

because you are ignorant and cant behave,

[even tho thats all a joke.. just like Gyul's goddess joke

that a lot of people took seriously -.-"]

but we know

thats all for Kara's sake, you've work hard and

now it shows that Kara is the most standing girl group :'D

WE LOVE YOU KARA <3

thanks for translation

I can see why people say that Seungyeon is the face of KARA. But i believe that the rest of the KARA members would have been trying to get more publicity from the public. I guess Seungyeon was the only lucky one to get an opportunity to show that KARA was still around and trying

I admire Seung Yeon Unie's work ethic. . . :thumbup:

I think not only her who work so hard in KARA. . .

but, I agree she is the FACE OF KARA. . .